Why are you not using the best GNU/Linux distribution known to mankind?

Why are you not using the best GNU/Linux distribution known to mankind?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Category:Desktop
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Category:X.Org
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I am though, I have Fedora install in WSL on Windows 10.

God tier.

Because I can't be arsed. I spent my teens messing around with gentoo, now I'm nearly 30 I just don't have the energy to even install it, let alone maintain it.

Fag

Because im using even better mac os

It lacks fancy GUI tools to make my life easier.

>Fedora is now an app.
Disgusting desu

>Windows 10
Leave this place and never return.

But user, you can install all the GUI tools that your heart desires. Portage, the package manager, even has a GUI.

That is a lackluster experience still. I tried Sabayon, but other than their packages being out of date, the whole package manager deal was just weird.

Ubuntu is good enough for me.

Just installed it few minutes ago. Now i try to figure out how ti get a DE...

I like being able to run my packages without having to recompile a billion packages only because I changed a single USE flag.

If you want to recompile one package to include a flag, you don't have to recompile EVERY single one if it's dependencies. for example i had to recompile FFMPEG to include support for the vpx codec and i only had to recompile ffmpeg and install its new dependency.

>tfw when too retarded to install gentoo
>try sabayon
>mfw I cant compile the kernel without getting a 3 year old error

A-ar-arch is cool right, Im still 1337 and can compare my e-dick against the big bois, right anons?

Required reading:
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Category:Desktop
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Category:X.Org

Have fun!

I found Gentoo easier to install than arch. Just use genkernel if you don't feel like dealing with kernel shit.

how long did genkernel take, im on a mid range cpu

pic unrelated

On an i5 2520M iirc it took 15-20 minutes total

Is that a thinkpad?
okay thanks user. What about compiling something like firefox or mate. Are the 5 hour memes true?

With firefox you don't have to compile it. You can simply emerge firefox-bin.

I could not find the drivers so I said fuck it.

answer the question pajeet, what about compiling?

Depends on what CPU you have, idiot. I doubt it would take 5 hours with modern hardware.

It took around 20-30 minutes on my 2670qm and that was in a VM.

Is FF so much smaller than Chromium? Chromium takes 1.5/2h to compile with 8 cores.

Sorry, was meant for

Chromium
How does NSA cock taste like?

I wouldn't know, ask your mother xD

i will rape you, you liberal

Because I don't have 2 days to compile everything (I'm lying, I'm just too lazy and OpenSuse hasn't let me down in 3 years)

>you liberal
what makes you say that :S

I use SlimJet because is super ultra fast and secure

you and your lot deserve to be gased

I have no idea since I haven't used chromium. You can get rid of unnecessary features with use flags that might make it .

Why would anyone use his computer to gay sex?

That's not very nice.

name 1 (one) non autistic reason to switch from this to gentoo. shove your use flags up your fucking ass btw.

That's not NixOS.

Chromium doesn't support parallel building that is it takes longer to compile

*block your path*

But I am, you negro heathen.

I am though. I fucking love it. It is literally the best operating system currently available.

because i'm paid to use windows

unironically planning to use gentoo on my next pc build since i want to run linux as a host for windows vms and shit (keeping most of my browsing and other shit away from windows)

Do people unironically run this? I'm interested, but it looks like it has less documentation than other source distros.

Is funtoo easier for beginners?

Considering how easy is to create packages and use different libraries, yes, because is a nice testing environment. For daily driver too, but that is a discussion of pre-fetched binaries vs native compiled.

because, i use FreeBSD

No, probably harder

because using CentOS pretty much guarantees I'll be able to make a living working with Linux.

FF isn't too bad, like 40 minutes with j2 on my thinkpad.

>best
>rsync

Because I am too lazy to configure it all by myself to get a decent, comfy environment. I am so fucking used to unity right now and it just works.
I aint even got time to try to get an awesome environment up atm, because of uni.
Maybe will try to switch something else in summer, but not sure

I am trying out lubuntu and I am very impressed by the ram and cpu usage
I am seriouly considering switching to it from windows 7 on my craptop