America is too spread out for passenger rail

>America is too spread out for passenger rail

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hopkins_Correctional_Centre_(Ararat)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rail_speed_limits_in_the_United_States
articles.philly.com/2013-12-09/news/44946865_1_amtrak-and-california-northeast-corridor-acela-express-trains
youtube.com/watch?v=aZ4NuX0qWuY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acela_Express
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ghan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Mexico_Rail_Runner_Express
abqjournal.com/581203/nms-rail-runner-faces-financial-burdens.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm not an expert in Australia but that plan looks like hella waste of budget

>I don't know what Amtrak is

>hella waste of budget

Why are most Australian cities located in the south-east

You fuckin put us there cunt

Probably the part with the most rains

>ararat
seems like you guys want some funo-something

It's the places that aren't burning hellholes

I dunno what you're on about, but there's a prison there where we lock up our pedos en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hopkins_Correctional_Centre_(Ararat)

I know what it is, shit

What is life in Maria like? Being so far from anything must be boring.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rail_speed_limits_in_the_United_States
>Passenger trains are limited to 59 mph

Mont Ararat in Turkey, where Noah's Ark is supposed to have ended up

Correct

What about the Acela?

Wtf? I didn't know Puerto Rico is American.

mount ararat, a sacred mountain for armenians.

I'd imagine it's either a tourism joint or hell

we have passenger rail just not high-speed passenger rail

>tfw it rained for 2 days straight in sydney and killed 4 people last week

Are you arguing for high speed railways between majors cities? It's a complete waste of tax payer money that would only benefit a select upper class percentage of the population, it is not practical and would only service the elite of American society. Not at all a good idea but I can see why people find it attractive

Adelaide to Darwin would be so cool

>What about the Acela?

>articles.philly.com/2013-12-09/news/44946865_1_amtrak-and-california-northeast-corridor-acela-express-trains

>On the 319-mile trip between Philadelphia and Boston, Acela averages about 64 miles per hour.

>polish education

Puerto Rico was a Spanish colony, it gained independence from Spain, became a Spanish colony again, was given independence from Spain again, and then became a US territory.

Literally no one cares about Puerto Rico. It may as well not even exist.

it's pretty good, family did it when I was a kid but I spent most of it playing my gameboy

150 mph in a small stretch in New England but for the rest it tops out at 135

It's literally the first I've ever seen map of the US where's Puerto Rico included.

If I wanted to get to Portland from LA this Saturday I could choose either:
A. $123 for a 4 hour flight
B. $115 for a 30 hour train ride

Which option should I take?

>It's a complete waste of tax payer money

we already have metro systems for major cities such as NYC, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, etc.

>Trains are a complete waste of tax payer money

well, train obviously, it won't fall down

It's been an American territory since 1952. It is generally considered its own country, but it is a US territory. It doesn't have its own government or currency. The only thing that separates from the rest of the USA is they speak Spanish and are an island.

They should be given statehood desu. They're practically part of the USA.

>I spent most of it playing my gameboy
Yeah travelling as a kid sucks.

There is already subway systems in major cities and guess what? THERE IS STILL TRAFFIC IN THE CITIES.
getting high-speed rail will not and does not relieve traffic jams.

The wildlife won't allow the to expand.

Seems like a long trip, like going from Paris to Moscow maybe?

kek

>It's a complete waste of tax payer money
>Not at all a good idea

I live in NYC and the subway lines I take are overcrowded and constantly delayed. There is usually some crazy person rambling insane shit or a homeless person being disgusting. Public transportation sucks when the population density is too high.

the Interstate system was an amazing idea that benefitted everyone and was totally fucking worth it and it only cost so much because we are the size of a continent

I live in Westchester and I use the Metro North often, its all shit and getting high-speed rails won't change that. The only way our public transport would suck less is if we severely lowered population density

noice

>They should be given statehood desu
i don't want them as a state

Puerto ricans are hideous and are mostly niggers

Puerto rico is a defunct place and is crippled by debt

they like 3 times dumber, poorer, and useless as Mississippi, our poorest state. the amount of money that would have to be spent on that shitty island to bring it up to habitable standards is obscene.

i'd rather we just give up the terrorist and watch as that garbage dumb of an island sinks back into the water

Man I wish Australia was populated by all Europeans, far away from shitskins

Uh, that's not what I said Mr.strawman. High speed rail between major cities is a waste of money for 95 percent of the population though, its a type of interest group politics where the money is taken from a larger group of society only to benefit a smaller group.

High speed rail also wouldn't solve the traffic problem as only a small upper class group would be able to afford it or even have a need to use it.
You're only attracted to the novelty of the idea

>getting high-speed rail will not and does not relieve traffic jams.

Welp, better shut down all the high speed rail then, surely it won't affect traffic ;)

*give up the territory

I-it kind of is

no they should not be given statehood, until they can fix their shit they should stay as is

>live in Westchester and I use the Metro North often, its all shit and getting high-speed rails won't change that.

>faster trains won't make train service faster

American education in action

how long did it take

we have no high speed rail
getting high speed rail won't change traffic in cities because high speed rail is between cities. Most traffic jams I encounter (I live near NYC) are either due to in-city congestion which cannot be solved with high-speed rails or on the highways which happen due to people hitting shit and rubbernecking.

You're an American and by shit I mean overcrowded and dirty.
The Metro North wouldn't get high speed rail because high speed rail is between cities not between New Rochelle and GCT.
It also would not relieve traffic jams in the city.

Not really, everywhere that has people is covered by the rail system. That massive chunk of WA and the middle of the country have like 50,000 people tops. That said, pls come to our country and spend your delicious tourist shekels

youtube.com/watch?v=aZ4NuX0qWuY

>High speed rail between major cities is a waste of money

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acela_Express
>Ridership: 3,343,143

>3.3 million more cars on I-95 is a good thing

something like that I think. As a euro, can't imagine travelling that much and still being in your own country

its not a discussion about urban trains, retards

This is the most ironic post I've seen all day considering you obviously don't even understand how high speed rail is used

>It also would not relieve traffic jams in the city.
Welp you heard the American Who Knows Everything, shut down all the rails surely this will solve our traffic jams

he is suggesting high-speed rail would solve traffic jams in and out of cities which in the context of America it would not at all.

Yeah the Lexington Ave is just like a rolling sardine can. The concentration camp trains were probably comfier. The Second Ave line probably won't relieve it that much either. I drive to a client a lot now and a few weeks back they had air advisories advising public transportation. How the fuck do they think that'd work?

>he is suggesting high-speed rail would solve traffic jams
Nope

>High speed trains would not solve the overcrowded trains problem
Faster trains = faster arrivals = more trains per hour = less people per train = less overcrowding

It's 3000 kilometres from Adelaide to Darwin, takes 54 hours by train

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ghan

sell trains
pls buy our trains
our trains are as fast as sonic

That's per year you fool, divide 3.3 million by 365 and it's negligible number. Most of the people rich enough to afford that would just fly any, your argument doesnt make any sense, it's just out of novelty. Funny thing is you're probably one of the poor fucks who would get screwed over by the taxes for paying for it and never even use it

Nope.

Chinese make them well and cheaply.

Train autists are so fucking cancerous

>I don't care if it costs 200 billion $ and never makes money just built it because muh feels!!!

>The only way our public transport would suck less is if we severely lowered population density
It's the exact opposite, low density = shit public transport

But high speed rail is used between cities and the only people who would use them are upper class businessmen who need to travel. It would not have an impact

Wut

>our trains are as fast as sonic
How autistic are the riders?

>moving goalposts at this speed
I never said shutting down metro rails wouldn't cause traffic jams. I said getting high speed rail would not relieve traffic jams, and logically removing it if we had high speed rail would not cause traffic jams.

Our traffic jams in cities are either just due to sheer volume of cars (which high speed rail would not solve because high speed rail is between cities) or accidents (which high speed rail between cities still would not solve). On the highways its almost always due to accidents (which again high speed rail most likely would not solve)

look high speed rails that OP was originally talking about are between cities and not on the commuter transport trains. Unless the goalposts have been just thrown out the fucking window we weren't talking about making the commuter trains faster.

you misunderstand I meant that the only way the current Metro North wouldn't be shit is if we had lower population density.

r u sure or did i dun goof
if not, holy fucking shit Australia is too fucking big

that's Manchester to Ankara btw

yeah but it's not like our country is another europe, bit of a barren shithole tbqh lads

Its just shy of 3000km. Notice how it's not a straight line.

vid makes me emotional тbh

yea but still imagine travelling all of that and still being in your cunt must feel ebin

You are comparing apples to oranges here, just because the interstate highway system and high speed rail both cost a fuckton doesnt mean they are the same.

The entire population benefits from the interstate system while only a few thousand rich businessman benefit fro high speed rail while the public still pays billions

See above, it would be a major drain on the public money to service a small entitled group, if you arent a millionaire you have no reason to support high speed rail in the US

wish there was an HD version, I remember seeing that ad all the time on the telly a few years ago

They never thought about it, they just take random ideas from autistic children, write them on a piece of paper, tape it to a dart, and then play darts with these """ideas"""

>countrylets

No Europe's just tiny
It's normal for us. When we go to Europe we're amazed that you can take a train for 30 minutes and arrive in a new country with a different language/culture/people.

tfw not australian

Hey train autist explain why nearly all newly built public rail transport system networks cannot even cover their running expenses let alone pay back their huge inflated cost of construction

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Mexico_Rail_Runner_Express

>Daily ridership: 3,700

abqjournal.com/581203/nms-rail-runner-faces-financial-burdens.html

>The train earned $2.8 million last fiscal year in fares from more than a million riders but cost $28.4 million to operate

Also inb4 someone keeps repeating that it would reduce traffic, it won't. Only a small percentage of the population would ever get the chance to use it, the impact on traffic would be negligible, you would never notice the effects let alone have the money or need to use it. You would however, have to pay for the multi billion dollar fine with your tax dollars

s-size doesn't matter ok

and europe is normal sized it's the new world that fucking massive

Get a tan and let your jaw go slack when you speak and you'd pass for one

I'm not the train autist thats OP, I'm against high-speed rails because they are a waste of money that'll just benefit select businessmen

Our highway system isn't even congested, it just gets jams sometimes because there is so much space and time to crash and to have people rubberneck en masse

Oh sorry I misclicked. Still I hope the OP train autist answers this

>Europlets think their little theme park of a "continent" is normal

>tfw driving from Melbourne to Sydney, two of the closest major cities in the country
>takes about 10 hours
>realise I could have driven through 3-4 European "countries" in this time

Are they escaping from germans?

Is north-west full of abos?

yea but
>some island off the coast of europe took over the world