No, you didn't build it!

When someone says:
>"HURP LOOK AT THIS PC I *BUILT*"
I give them the same look I would give them if they just got done shopping at pic related and said
>"HURP LOOK AT THIS DESK I *BUILT*"

Please, stop using the words "build" and "PC" in the same sentence. You just make yourself look really, really incompetent and sad.

Correct word: Assemble. As in:
>"I assembled this PC."
or
>"I assembled this Ikea furniture."

Also, there's no reason to be upset that I compared your favorite PC to Ikea. It's just a simple and obvious comparison, and one that's utterly apt and accurate. If this upsets you, please stop living in your own fantasy land where snapping in a couple of clips or screwing in few screws makes you a "builder". It doesn't. You're an "assembler", just like the college girl holding the black-and-white cartoon instructions and carefully tightening cam-locks in her dorm room. You're both "assembling".

Live in reality.

Sup Forums - The only place shitty enough to find this as a troll, the only place austistic enough to find this as a serious argument

Nothing like posting the wrong pic to make OP look like a retard. Lol, faced!

okay we'll notify the world so people can stop trigering you

You sound racist.

Someone doesn't know what a synonym is.

You're looking for the word manufactured. Built and assembled are synonymous. It's like saying I built a car.

>being triggered by words
>>>/tumblr/

t. prebuilt user that couldn't lego together a desktop.
lol

I'll fall for that bait

build
>construct something by putting PARTS or materials together

assemble
>fit together the separate component parts of (a machine or other object).

>synonyms: construct,BUILD,fabricate,manufacture,erect,set up,join up,fit together,put together,piece together,connect,join,unite,patch up,sew

also, consider about preventing yourself from living tomorrow

kek'd hard. Harvard should give that kid a PhD.

How will OP ever recover?

Let's all start saying "manufacture" instead just to spite OP.

There's nothing new under the sun :^)

not knowing words have meaning.
And different words mean different things.
Synoyms means "similar", not "the same".

Wow dude nice job, you really fucking got him there.

>tfw both mean the same thing on my language

Both 'build' and 'assemble' puts you into too much credit. You should use the phrase: 'bought and set up' instead.

>getting so triggered about how people use a word in a way you feel isn't right so you make a huge rant to people who couldn't care less hoping for us to agree and validate you
Is this the power of autism? :o

>not "put it together"

>work at construction
>all contracts for objectives and work are using the words "build/built" not "assemble".
>still use only pre made materials
well fuck you OP

Putting it together still implies you put it together. Setting up does not necessarily mean doing something that complex.

>Synoyms means "similar", not "the same".
You're wrong, you fucking retard. Synonyms are direct replacements.

Autism

>ass-em-bel-ed
>built

Literally just shorthand you fucking autist.

Gr8 b8 my friend

rly made me thnk

HURR DURR LOOK AT THE bacon lettuce tomato sandwitch I ASSEMBLED
kys faggot

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as build,
is in fact, assemble, or as I've recently taken to calling it, playing with fucking LEGO.
A gaming PC is not built by the end user, but rather assembled after
spending over a thousand on parts and used to post on Sup Forums.

Many system assemblers think they built their system. Through a peculiar turn of events,
the english language has some ambiguity involving the word build. The actual build
of system components is done by men named pajeet in shit filled factories in India.

Wow, OP sure BTFO all those PC "builders" out there amirite guys?

You cant really build anything, since you just arrange the preexisting matter created by God into different forms.

ayy

>construct (something, typically something large) by putting parts or material together over a period of time.

Build a gun and kill yourself, fucking retard.

Fuck off, I actually built my desk.

I assembled my dick in OP's mom's ass.

>stop saying this word: the thread

I say we change the terminology to erecting a computer and erecting a desk from the ikea

You dumb assholes are giving OP exactly what he wants. Anyone that responds to this thread beyond this point is actually triggered enough to dignify this post with a response, and that is truly sad.

He's right though. Literally anyone with half a brain can "build" a PC.

You can't even get your pic related right...

PS posting from my PC I BUILT; assembled; put together; fuckulated; whatever. I chose the parts and no matter how easy and plug and play PC building is now, when you buy a desk you're given a set of parts (like a lego set); However, when you buy custom PC parts you choose every piece.

Normies don't understand that OP.
And the comparison with Ikea doesn't work. I don't go to Ikea and pick out individual parts based on my knowledge of how they work and then assemble it to create something that Ikea never advertised.
False analogy.

No, he is incorrect, because his argument was that "built" and "assembled" are two mutually independent things, when they are actually synonymous.

His argument wasn't that any idiot could build a PC, it was that "build" and "assemble" are different in meaning, you dumb asshole.

I think you are confusing the words "build" and "create".

Build = compose from parts.
Create = compose from scratch.

I assembled a new system.
It's built from parts I bought
Assembled in China (probably like everything else)

Autism.

>I give them the same look I would give them if they just got done shopping at pic related and said

They got done shopping at CPU with bent pins? Did the original trollpost have a picture of IKEA or something?

> I built that PC

yes words do have different meanings.

that's why we put them in books called dictionaries.

some words have similiar meanings to other words.

that's why we put them in books called thesauruses.

They are marginal synonyms... Building something means that some parts require manufacturing and assembly means that all parts are ready to go you just need to put them together (no manufacturing or producing needed).

It's almost like "build" isn't the same word as "create".