Even YouTube is getting around it

>even YouTube is getting around it

uBlock is kill

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B6NhnEemtarOOTV6dVJGVG4wc2M/view
youtube.com/red
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-for-youtube/cmedhionkhpnakcndndgjdbohmhepckk?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

doesn't work on twitch either. is gorshill ded?

still works fine on my machine

Is this even ublock issue or you just don't know about blocklists?

WOMM™

It works fine on youtube. How retarded are you?

Works on YouTube for me, but seems to be slower.

update your lists

this

It stopped working on twitch cause they embed the ads into the stream

>too p$00r for Youtube Red
>too dumd to update filters

still works on twitch, just disable HTML5

pihole + ublock origin 4 lyfe

it's set to auto-update by default.

>using flash
AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I block ads and Windows via DNS. Two bird, one stone.

Have you tried getting the Anti-Adblock Killer by Reek? :^)

...What? Like in your hosts file, manually?

>using youtube website
just youtube-dl mpv everything, idiots

Yes.

>hosts

I can't believe there are still retards like you who block ads with your host file on Sup Forums.

Your OS isn't designed to iterate through a huge hostfile, the sort that is required to block ads. You're literally wasting computer resources going through that file line by line for every network request, linearly, FIFO.

There's a reason why proper ad-blockers exist. Use them. If you don't want to do it in-browser then at least spin up a local DNS resolver and feed it an equivalent of your ad-blocking host file. At least DNS resolvers are designed to iterate through a long list of hostnames, and can cache such requests.

See
Stop being a retard.

also see

One ad got through while on YT. Even with updated shit.

Hey user, mind helping a illiterate retard on the process?

the botnet won't let me update

This is what YouTube Looks like. What I do miss is "cosmetic filtering" but if you want you can F12 and add the unwanted requests/links and add them to the host file redirecting them to 0.0.0.0 because 127.0.0.1 is shit and slow since it has to wait for a response or some shit.

mpv + youtube-dl doesn't have this problem

>tfw adblocking will never be as easy as it was five years ago
Why live?

>not using improvedtube

Why even live?

I think you're just retarded, works fine for me.

But I have youtube red :^)

You have to click manual update on each of your lists then hit that.

Don't know why you can't do everything at once anymore.

Works on my machine

Works on my machine

I've only encountered on ad ublock didnt automatically block, and I blocked it manually

I'll upload "hosts.txt" to Drive and share the link.
here is the link... drive.google.com/file/d/0B6NhnEemtarOOTV6dVJGVG4wc2M/view
Step 1: Open CMD as admi
Step 2: copy and paste without quotes...
"cd windows/system32/drivers/etc"
Step 3: copy and paste without quotes...
"notepad hosts"
Step 4: without modifying anything paste everything in "hosts.txt" to the newly opened notepad windows (paste right under... "# ::1 localhost"
Step 5: Save.
Optional: in CMD paste without quotes "ipconfig /flushdns"
Done

.By the way all the hosts are the same ones ublock origin uses. It's on a github account.

I found a way around it. :)

youtube.com/red

Like everything normies ruined it. Now everyone and their grandparents who are tec illiterate will ask about blocking adds, pretty much everyone is jumping on this train. However, I feel like this game of cat & mouse with ad blockers and anti ad blockers is going to come to an end soon(maybe the next few years) and if things go as I'm predicting, the end result probably won't be so good.

>not blocking the blockadblock blocker
get gud

just block that shit with your router lmao fucking hell this is Sup Forums not /dumbfuck/

Use "Adblock for Youtube™" extension. It's even available on the chrome web store! LOL. chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-for-youtube/cmedhionkhpnakcndndgjdbohmhepckk?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog

there is only one thing i want from red and that is being able to turn off my screen on my phone when listening to my weeb moe music and have it keep playing when i go to another tab.

this used to be an obvious "duh, when would it be any different from streaming from a desk top" but they took it away because they can and made it a "feature". Used to be able to do it with fire fox and ublock but they nerfed that a month ago. (or at least for me).

Im not paying for the privilege to turn off my screen. ogyoutube is my haven now.

XD

My dear OP,
I use Ublock since a long time, never had any problem with it. No site could workaround it yet.
For what I see, you probable have a problem with the lists, or don't know how to use it. You can actually create filters with Ublock, that will make browsing a lot more pleasant.
With Ublock, you should let some sites, of your choice, have the ads, cause they need money. I have it disabled in some torrent sites and on Sup Forums, I can block whatever element I found abusive, if this come into case.

>Hey user, mind helping a illiterate retard on the process?

Dude let me know if you saved the file. Im getting paranoid sharing something connected to my personal google account!!111 i'll delete it after the thread dies.

what site is this wanna try it

update your filters you dumb ass morons

use adguard

>Your OS isn't designed to iterate through a huge hostfile, the sort that is required to block ads. You're literally wasting computer resources going through that file line by line for every network request, linearly, FIFO.
Non-issue.

>i want from red and that is being able to turn off my screen on my phone when listening to my weeb moe music
Just use Firefox on Android, or NewPipe.

>line by line for every network request, linearly, FIFO.
That'd be pretty dumb if it's an entire file read every network request.

Are you sure it's not cached in memory using a hash table that's invalidated when the HOSTS
file changes?

when there is an ad playing there is a bit of text in the corner as a separate html element saying 'this is an ad' or something

would it be possible to write a browser extension that at least mutes the stream + blocks the video while that bit of text is visible? wouldn't be as good as adblocking used to be but it'd be far better than the current situation

>not feeding streams into MPC-HC with Streamlink
>falling for the web player Jew

[spoiler]rule34hentai.net[/spoiler] when you went to the site after like 10-20 seconds that other pic would show up covering the whole site(that was with ublock origin + Reek's Anti-Adblock btw) but that was weeks ago so filters have been updated since then. It bascially just boils down to keeping your filters updated, you either have to wait for updates if you don't know what you're doing or update them yourself.

And as for everyone else in this thread, some sites get their filters updated faster than others ie) popular sites and a combination of people who don't report said sites that bypass their adblocker which is why some people get caught off guard when they visit those sites with anti ad blockers. tl;dr make your own damn filters.

nice spoiler

this

You forgot the most important step.
One must delete system32 to get rid of ads that are cached in the system already.
You're welcome.

Works on my machine using Chrome ;^) Another reason to not use cuckfox.

Works on my machine using Firefox ;^) Another reason not to use jewgle chrome.

Does mpv offer a way to do this really nicely?

>wahhhhhhhh the normies

yes

Interesting, thanks. I assume the video will have to be fully downloaded before watching. Also currious, do you download to a temporary folder or do you store em for a longer period?

> I assume the video will have to be fully downloaded before watching
it buffers and doesn´t need to download the full video to start playing
>do you download to a temporary folder or do you store em for a longer period
temporary folder. That setup saves the playing position, but I will have to find the link again if I close the video. I was planning to do something about that but was too lazy until now.

Not that guy, but i'm pretty sure mvp as well as mpc-hc supports streaming, and any decent video player just puts the downloaded data in %temp% and deletes them once it's closed.
Would be interesting to know if it can do seeking (clicking forward to a point in the video you haven't downloaded yet and resume playing it) without stuttering/freezing and if it can download and display subtitles

I'm gonna try something similar when I get home.

you can seek in the videos without any problems at least on the sites I´ve used it with.
for subtitles it´s just like you´d think. If the subs are baked into the mp4 mpv can display them. If they are loaded from somewhere else by a js player as in most cases, mpv wont show you any subs

What if the anti-flash movement is really just pro-add riaa-mpa-botnet shills trying to get us to kill the one thing standing between us and being forced to watch ads?

kys

There's a yt-dl option for that tho.
You could easily write a script to download the subtitles and depending on the scripting capabilities of the player automatically load them into the video

still works if you turn the html5 player off.

A few days ago, a couple of youtube ads got through my filter. They seem to have stopped. It takes a little bit of time for filters to adapt to new shit. A machine learning approach to ad blocking would be nice, but I'm not sure how effective it could be.

>Gotta right click, Then choose the option to play with shit player.
>Can't Like, Can't Comment
>Controls are utter shit

MPV shills seriously needs to fuck off from Sup Forums

>Liking videos
>Commenting on videos
Please fuck off

>unironically using mpc-hc
>not using mpv instead
>still telling other people off

ie11+easylist =no ads on youtube

Works for me

I don't have this problem.

Been watching HTML5 Twitch ad-free for ages. You must be doing something wrong.

No ads for me family, i even clicked a few music videos to make sure

purge > update

List updated, 100% functionnal even on YouTube.
Linux Kubuntu 16.04, Firefox.

>video format not recognized
Wat do?

poo

bullshit

>You're literally wasting computer resources going through that file line by line for every network request, linearly, FIFO.
wrong. It's only accessed when your computer doesn't already have a certain address cached, which is whenever your computer normally accesses the DNS server. Which is by and far a very small percentage of all "network requests".

And speaking of performance, looking through a locally stored HOSTS file is going to be orders of magnitude faster than sending a DNS network request and receiving a response for the items that do have local entries. It's not "wasted resources" at all.

as soon as mpc-hc allows me to play videos in a borderless window and give me a minimal ui that mostly only shows the video so I can use it always on top while browsing I´ll switch to that.

until then I´ll stick with mpv

Not available in my country.

Thanks for nothing, Google.

>literally zero issue
>implying anyone can force anything on you on YOUR computer

gtfo.

>as soon as mpc-hc allows me to play videos in a borderless window
Press 1 (you can switch between minimal compact and normal with 1, 2 and 3)
>always on top while browsing
Press Ctrl+a

well I´ll be
thx user.
that leaves the progress bar at the bottom though which I really like in my mpv setup (might be hard to see in the webm)

Closest you will get is pressing 2 and then Ctrl+0 I guess. Though it looks a bit ugly and could do with a darker colour.

Works for me nignog

>can't configure it
Blames uB

Here is a free tip for you:
Works on my machime™

>Can't Like, Can't Comment
You have no business telling anybody to fuck off from Sup Forums with your jewgle account, you incomprehensible faggot.

This^
Especially when Ublock Origin updates them automatically by default.

Are you seriously recommending using flash in 2k17?

>Conversation about watching videos on YouTube which is owned by Google
>Gives people shit for having a Google account

Watching cat videos isn't an excuse to cuck yourself to jewgle tho.

Why not? Only idiots surf in Windows.