Thinkpads are gay now

the most recent thinkpad id buy is the w520
the fucking keyboards now, and pointless numberpad making the actual keyboard left justified, all autism.

Other urls found in this thread:

51nb.com/xinwen/hangyedongtai/2017-05-12/83292.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why don't you fags just buy new Thinkpads?

Every laptop is gay now
I just wish they made classic thinkpads under X,W and T name; and create a meme model to copy macbooks, like Y or something, E is also new I guess
But instead let's fuck up everything that made thinkpads good

>now

this. i will hold on my x220 until there is no way in hell i can repair/maintain/use it anymore.

Reported

>Not wanting a numpad

Confirmed for never doing any actual work

Although we already knew this based on your memepad ownership

Retro ThinkPad coming out later this year, based on the t470 but with classic 7 row keyboard

Only data entry drones and Susan from accounting needs stuff like that.

The regular number row is perfectly adequate and easily useable from the home row position. If you're typing a lot of numbers in an IT job, then you're being inefficient.

Sent ;^)

>pure data entry is work
If you spend long stretches of time typing only numbers, it's likely that the ""work"" you're doing is not very valuable. If your hands are over the home row because you're typing a combination of words and numbers, the number row is closer and easier to get to than the number pad. If space is a concern, it's far better to have a full-size keyboard in the centre of the device than to fit a number pad beside it.

I work in logistics.
Everything has a number, and often the number is longer than 9 digits.

Yes but why is it your job to copy these numbers into computers?

x201 is superior

I'll believe it when I have one sitting on my dining room table.

There's no enforced universal standards, so different suppliers use different formats of data that aren't compatible with some tech we use.

Our mandate also requires extensive record keeping due to the regulations in the industry. everything has to be logged, from vehicle registrations, trailer and container numbers, various dates, item numbers, source numbers, invoice/PO numbers etc. A lot of this information cannot be contained in a barcode.

It's my job to record and manage all the data across the business, and identify useful information for systems improvement, cost savings, documentation for progress, customer support, legal requests, conformance requirements etc.

Using a numberpad just makes everything go much faster. It's useful for calculator functions, and entering large strings of alpha-numeric data. When the information is mostly numbers with only 3 letters or so, My left hand just goes to the letters at the right time without any thought, while my right is putting the number part in a lightening speed. I don't have to reach across my left hand to type a number, and I can use my left for ctrl+TAB, TAB, SPACE mod+, and such.

This is what it's like when you have a job.

It's not what it's like in my job. Maybe if you got a better job, you could get a laptop with a better keyboard.

different tools for different jobs, I suppose. What do you do?

>the most recent thinkpad id buy is the w520
I bought a W520 new. Never again. Lenovo has become a joke.

Which is sad, because I still remember buying new IBM ThinkPad's. I miss my 560Z...

I do have a pair of W530's, but they were given to me, and need new batteries, palm rests, top covers, and keyboards. I may get around to rebuilding and selling them, maybe.

what's wrong with the w520?

>based on the t470 but with classic 7 row keyboard
Where did you hear which model it was based on?

>pointless numberpad
yeah they're really useless for shitposting and watching animu
KYS

51nb.com/xinwen/hangyedongtai/2017-05-12/83292.html
This is about all there is for a source as far as I know of. 51nb trustworthy enough on the subject of thinkpads, but I doubt that this information too comprehensive.

Is that a benis?

I don't get why people use numpad over regular number row. You can use pretty much only 3 fingers with a numpad, with the number row you use 8 of them. You can type 8 out of 10 digits immediately without moving your fingers. You can quickly swap to typing regular words. The only advantage to numpad I see are the arithmetic operators being available without any modifier.

This

>pointless numberpad
It's called a fucking tenkey you 6 year old sack of shit

>I'm salty I didn't do my research and find out there's a better spec'd, further libreboot developed, better supported (with FHD mod available) and objectively better looking machine on the market
k

Also x220 has superior Alps old-style keyboard to shitty x230 and beyond chiclet shit

>pointless numberpad

Never worked for a day in your life?

I just got a Thinkpad 14 yoga, I dig it so far. It had a extra m2 slot so I put a ssd in for linux for my main os.

I kept the Windows 10 install in place for when I really wanna take advantage of the tablet features and mess with Krita and Illustrator.

>Lenovo has become a joke.

Lenovo was always shit. It just took them a few generations away from IBM to "Lenovo" that shit up.

I just told you why.

>Using a numberpad just makes everything go much faster. It's useful for calculator functions, and entering large strings of alpha-numeric data. When the information is mostly numbers with only 3 letters or so, My left hand just goes to the letters at the right time without any thought, while my right is putting the number part in a lightening speed. I don't have to reach across my left hand to type a number, and I can use my left for ctrl+TAB, TAB, SPACE mod+, and such.

It is easier to type 9851 on a numberpad than on a long strip.

Have you considered an elitebook?

Welcome to the wonderful world of capitalism.

Dude, get a Dell
>keyboard left justified, all autism
sorry 'bout your autism

Because they're shit user.