Pics you aren't supposed to share

Only had her for a day before I got her top off.
A little dirty but nothing a little alcohol can't fix.

Other urls found in this thread:

overclocking.guide/the-truth-about-cpu-soldering/
hothardware.com/news/intel-suggests-core-i7-7700k-users-stop-overclocking-to-prevent-temp-spikes
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DELID DIS

MOAR

Some passed out drunk pics of here ?

It is funny how intel bois have to go trough with this shit and amd gods have soldered on IHS

>voided warranty
lmao

kek

Why doesn't Intel use a soldered heat spreader, anyway?

to save few cents per chip

> tfw no solid gold heat spreader

Isn't the 5820K also soldered? I would not buy a four core i7 nowadays. I'm even tempted to switch to AMDs HEDT platform later.

It's a bit more than that actually (indium is expensive and very few other solders will bind to both silicon dies and metal), but the point stands.

overclocking.guide/the-truth-about-cpu-soldering/

However, Ryzen dies are tiny so the thermal expansion problems would be even worse - and yet AMD manages it perfectly fine.

Honestly Intel hasn't been trying as hard as it could be with its desktop CPUs. They cut corners on process. If you knew how bad the electromigration could be if left unchecked you'd understand why you don't want to run Kaby Lake without the power state drivers and why a surprising amount of the die spends its time completely gated off - it's not just heat.

over/under on coffee lake-s being soldered this time around?

I hate those leather cases. They're so tacky.

Their stuff runs cool enough to not need it, at least when not overclocking.

Too bad they don't sell two versions of the chip.

What's the point when the HEDT CPUs are soldered?

Because the above gets even lower temperatures.

What exactly am I looking at? Looks like the heatsink is on the bottom?? What have you done user!

>Honestly Intel hasn't been trying as hard as it could be with its desktop CPUs
Well yeah, they haven't had any actual competition in nearly a decade

why dont cpus just come like this? surely a heatsink designed for contact to this part (whatever it is) would be more efficient, especially if you solder one to it?

Just need to lap it now

Sup Forums autists are obsessed with thermals so they "delid" the CPU metal part and put on their own thing to get better temps. It voids the warranty and only gets maybe gets slightly cooler temps that are negligible.

Yes goy, that TIM is certified fresh!

>people will justify voiding there warranty and possibly destroying there new CPU to delid because Intel is is to greedy to just solder the damn things
Intel has gotten there loyalists trained to just aceept the fact there being fucked

Oh I forgot all about the heat spreader, thanks. If they keep going, can look like this.

Just woke up but I'll oblige.
Here she is strapped down and exposed to me and my syringe.

>Their stuff runs cool enough

It can also tolerate more heat than kids on Internet forums say. Google makes intel guarantee their processors to temperatures much higher than spec.

The processers google uses are xeons which are already built to handle more heat than consumer CPUs and are soldered

fuck that's hot

gold plating costs money too

HAHA did you fags actually buy a fucking delid tool?

I have used my utility knife since 2005 for popping the ihs.
Well except for the soldered ones where I only used the blades and a candle.

Yeah cause I'm a bitch.

wait a sec, I've been out of the loop for some time, is kaby lake temps such a problem that there's a commercial product used to use once to delid this shit?
jesus fuck intel on suicide watch

Yes.
I used a vice and some electric tape for my 4770k and 4570k

Yep. Dumb jews saved a couple shekels on the TIM. People have gotten up to 30 C lower temps on overclocked CPU by delidding.
I wish I could have gone Ryzen but already had a mobo.

how did that go? is this glue really sturdy or the knife goes in smoothly? I've checked how tough the glue is on a Phenom II but it went in too easy (also it's soldered, unlike jewtel shit)

yeah, I know - I'm suffering from this too, but I'm still on 3770k and the TIM seems to be waaay past it's expiration date, so I'm going to do the same, although I'm not going to buy these expensive toys and just go with some thin blade, tape and good grounding.

Is my Xeon soldered?

But they protect the phone's screen, thats all that matters imo.

to lower the temps on xeons they just underclock them, the crap paste is used on whole range of products

Probably not soldered, as they've admitted that their coffee lake cores are actually slower than Kaby's. Which to me means they cant clock them higher because they're still using toothpaste for TIM.

hothardware.com/news/intel-suggests-core-i7-7700k-users-stop-overclocking-to-prevent-temp-spikes

>Hothardware

Old AMDs used to come like this, but it's too easy to break of the edges of the bare dies so they stopped doing it.

A-yup. I've got a Noctua DH-15S on an i7-7700k (Not overclocked) and just sitting idle that thing bleeds heat. You can physically feel hot air rising off the top of the case.

Lucky, I wanted a Noctua but checked dimensions and it wouldn't fit.
I had to go for a meme water cooler which had such a big radiator I almost couldn't mount it on the CPU.

Then it turned out I couldn't put the side panel on because my side panel had a circle which was designed to be indented inwards which just barely made the space too small.

HAHAHAHAHAHA 10/10

[spoiler]i dont think theres any more of this series[/spoiler]

>spooolers on gee

they do... on the $1000 cpus.

my fucking boner. jesus that's hot.

Thats pretty hot senpai