Whats the point of the 710 and by extension the 1030?

whats the point of the 710 and by extension the 1030?

Other urls found in this thread:

msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GT-1030-2GH-LP-OC.html
msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GT-1030-2G-LP-OC.html
anandtech.com/show/8526/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-review/4
extremetech.com/extreme/207598-demystifying-directx-12-support-what-amd-intel-and-nvidia-do-and-dont-deliver
gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N105TOC-4GL
gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N1050-2GL
msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1050-Ti-4GT-LP.html
msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1050-2GT-LP.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Adding hdmi to an old HTPC?

Let's say if i have a shitty optiplex with a core 2 duo, would this card be a good choice?

The 1030 can already max out some MOBAs.

The GT1030 costs nothing and delivers great performance for the moba and casual "gamers".

Just adding a few ports and giving the computer enough power to play GPU accelerated video content. Maybe give it enough power to play the least demanding games on the market or old retro games.

Great if you're making a build to have on you living room that don't make a lot of noise.

so can my iGPU

more display outputs

so you can have it acting as literally just display out while a stronger card (say a 1070 or whatever) does the actual work?

yes

msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GT-1030-2GH-LP-OC.html

msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GT-1030-2G-LP-OC.html

Adding DisplayPort 1.4 and HDMI 2.0b as cheaply as possible
8K HEVC Main10/Main12 hardware decoding & VP9 hardware decoding
Gaming performance close enough to a GTX 750 Ti for esports type games

Considering getting one for egpu shit now to be honest.

Can't find a single 1030 with dual display port outputs. I thought the reference card mandated at least 1xHDMI, 1xDisplayport and 1x DVI-D. Kind of fucks with my kvm host idea with pci passthrough.

the same reason stuff like 6200, 8400, GT210, HD3450, HD4350, HD5450, GT610, GT630 exists

budget cards used as display adapters and light gaming machines

>IN SEARCH OF INCREDIBLE

Incredible -WHAT- ?

Why on earth would you get this shit over a 750Ti?

If you want to you could also passively cool those and they're a lot more powerful (in that low end segment at least).

750 Ti does not support DisplayPort 1.4, HDMI 2.0b, HEVC & VP9 hardware decoding, D3D12 Feature Level 12_1 and it's twice the power consumption of GT 1030

It's shit in 2017

the question is, who needs all this shit?

A lot of people do

Try moving the mouse around in 4K 30Hz, it's an awful experience hence why people want HDMI 2.0b support, moving the mouse around in 60Hz is simply a better experience

>D3D12 Feature Level 12_1
>implying this is a useful feature on NVIDIA GPUs

It's real DX12, AYYMD HOUSEFIRES don't even support Feature Level 12_1 because their GPUs are shit architecture

Please name one important feature that feature level 12_1 has over 12_0 and while you're at it why don't you explain where NVIDIA HOUSEFIRE hardware schedulers have run off to? I heard all their hardware schedulers burned to a crisp in the Fermi fires of 2010 and were never found again?

12_1 is not an upgraded version of 12_0. 12_1 is missing some features of 12_0.

Wrong, 12_1 is superset of 12_0

Stop lying if you don't know shit

12_1 requires GPUs to support Conservative Rasterization, Rasterizer Ordered Views & Tiled Resources Tier 3 and AYYMD HOUSEFIRES simply can't support any of those features because they have no vision or foresight when designing their shitty GCN architecture

Stop lying faggot if you don't know shit

12_1 is the real DX12 GPU, 12_0 is shit

>Tiled Resources Tier 3
Name a single NVIDIA GPU that supports this

Protip: You can't.

Ryzen doesn't have an IGPU and I'm not normalfag/SJW enough to enjoy modern games.

Maxwell GPUs support this 2 years ago

Holy fucking shit, you really don't know anything :D

Actually nevermind I meant Tier 3 Resource Binding, a DX12 feature NVIDIA GPUs are missing.

anandtech.com/show/8526/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-review/4

>The forthcoming Direct3D 11.3 features, which will form the basis (but not entirety) of what’s expected to be feature level 11_3, are Rasterizer Ordered Views, Typed UAV Load, Volume Tiled Resources, and Conservative Rasterization. Maxwell 2 will offer full support for these forthcoming features, and of these features the inclusion of volume tiled resources and conservative rasterization is seen as being especially important by NVIDIA, particularly since NVIDIA is building further technologies off of them.

STAY MAD, UNEDUCATED FAGGOT

It's extreme automatically, not manually.

extremetech.com/extreme/207598-demystifying-directx-12-support-what-amd-intel-and-nvidia-do-and-dont-deliver
>While it’s true that Maxwell is the only GPU that supports DirectX 12_1, AMD is the only company offering full Tier 3 resource binding and asynchronous shaders for simultaneous graphics and compute.

Sit the fuck down NVIDIOT.

Nvidia GPUs will just run Feature Level 12_1 games

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES GPUs won't run it at all because lack of support, if you bought a Poolaris, Hawaii or Tahiti GPU, GET FUCKED

>Feature Level 12_1 games
Good job exposing the fact that you don't know what the fuck the features even are or how they're relevant to games.

Are you stupid or what?

It's already listed out, Conservative Rasterization, Rasterizer Ordered Views, Tiled Resources Tier 3

Not my fault you don't understand that real DX12 requires Feature Level 12_1 and you got SCHOOLED by people that know better and now you're seething and frothing at the mouth :^)

(You)

Keep on being mad, AYYMDPOORFAG

Your ignorance and uneducated ways clearly shows :^)

Can't argue or rebut with real facts, keep on memeing like the little girly cunt bitch that you are :^)

Putting spreadsheets and such on a second monitor. Computers are used for more than entertainment.

>thread about nvidia GPUs
>derailed by retard blubbering about MUH AMD POORFAGS yet again

Sup Forums truly is the most miserable shithole in existance.

you clearly don't know how it work

What motherboards that actually have output only have one output source these days? I mean mine has 0 but thats becasue its am3+

HEDT motherboards have no output, this includes Rypoo motherboards

I play everything using a gt630, on 720p

I did some research yesterday about this beast, and the reviews are pretty bad for thr price
The1050 literally doubles it in performance just for almost the same

HDMI 2.0
4K support
Also this. The 1030 is powerful as fuck, competing a 750 (Ti).
Yours, not mine, and not many peoples iGPU. Imagine my primary PC doesn't even have one. This HD2500 shutters in every game and it doesn't output 4K video. A card like this is a cheap upgrade solution.

moving the mouse in 144 is just magic

>Rypoo
Can you just fuck off and kill yourself already? AM4 motherboards have video out because they have to be compatible with upcoming APUs that have integrated GPUs.

No Rypoo HEDT CPUs have a GPU, enjoy your black screen

Third worlders

awesome for HTPCs ? gpu accelerated decoding, no noise, and other than AMD cards: linux drivers

I have a gt 710 on a q6600 computer, it's nothing more than just being a huge improvement over the shitty onboard GMA crap when doing office/web browsing tasks and giving this 10 years old PC some more years out of it. It did managed to run csgo in Linux on 640x480 low ~40-60fps though, but really it's not a gpu for gaming anyway.

My FX8350 doesn't have an internal GPU. I already have a gaymur graphics card, but I'd like to get a 710 or 1030 with passive cooling to run Windows via passthrough for my games, and have Linux as my daily driver.

why not just use the main gpu?!?!?

{I don't understand.}

also pass through on nvidia?

your "gaming card" will run quite when not under load. so why waste the $50 on a 1030 instead of saving it for nan actual upgrade

710 for linux, 1070 for windows gayming

i dont understand what you're trying to say. you can't run passthrough with only one gpu

bullshit. it's possible, but annoying

>0dB
>silent

But do they make a LP 1050?

gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N105TOC-4GL

gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N1050-2GL

msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1050-Ti-4GT-LP.html

msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1050-2GT-LP.html

Why would anyone want compatibility with lower tier processors? This segmentation is why Intel will always be better.

>Single slot
>Heatsink is dual slot

Incredible.

Kill yourself.

its possible, but my point is why not use the 1070 on linux? its pointless to waste your money on a 1030 to do nothing. also what an odd combo a 8350 and 1070 is

get a pny 730

ITT: Don't buy a - 30 card, ever

-10 cards have a good use case, - 20/-30 ones though.... Really don't

How much watts it need to run compared with the 750ti?

Has like a 30w tdp, in other words it uses fuck all power. low power enough to be fanless and low profile

This particular -30 card does have a good use by virtue that is a modern card and not a 6 year old rebrand of Fermi.

It's one of the cheapest ways to add 4k hardware decoding support and hdmi 2.0 for any PC regardless of PSU wattage

>Buy 4 core Ryzen chip today.
>Can upgrade to 6 or 8 core for the next 3-4 years without buying a new motherboard

>Buy 2 or 4 core Kaby Lake chip
>Only possible upgrade path is to 4 core or 4 core with multithreading. Need new motherboard that is expensive as fuck for more cores or new motherboard for the next release since Intel changes sockets more often than you neets change your underwear.

gamer prebuilts

Kill yourself.

>My CPU doesn't have an iGPU, I'll go buy the cheapest Modern GPU
>I don't have much money, my options are clear: GT 1030 or RX 550?
>I don't need much power, after watching some benchmarks I'm sure the GT 1030 will be enough for me, I'll go buy it.
>I don't need much power and I'm sure this GPU will do wonders for a Gaming HTPC, gonna buy it

>BUTTMAD AYYMDPOORFAGS WITH NO REAL DX12 FEATURE LEVEL 12_1 GPU DETECTED

Are you retarded or what? Coffee Lake is 6 cores 12 threads