$70 Hackintosh Build

More powerful than 2016 Macbook

youtube.com/watch?v=rKqdDiL8t80

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/s/ref=as_li_ss_tl?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=hp 6300&linkCode=sl2&tag=that0d-20&linkId=f45bd113a63f6a06e90f9fc296356564
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

great video, much better than anything Linushit produces

Fucking retarded.

You forget:
>No Retina display
>No trackpad
>No keyboard
>No portability

Kys op and take that nigger pic with you.

aplelfag detected

and...
>no 2000$ price tag

>comparing desktop to laptops

A cheap pickup can pull more than a motorbike too

>only costs $70
>outperforms a 13" Macbook Pro

but a motorbike can actually run quick

Will Mac fags ever recover?

Hackintosh runs fairly well (without a decent touchpad though) on the X220 and that's cheap as shit

If you're going to decide on using macOS at least try the hackintosh route

HOLY SHIT IT'S ACTUALLY OVERPERFORMS MBP HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Not really 70 dollars. If you were to buy this machine second hand off of some guy, you'd easily spend at least 400 on it. Not everyone can get lucky buying surplus, which are sold at stupid low prices because the proprietors NEED to get rid of the stock.

Still, it's 5 years old average hardware being better than 1 years old hardware.

>If you were to buy this machine second hand off of some guy, you'd easily spend at least 400 on it.

hahahahahhahahaha

The 13" 2016 Macbook Pro is literally $1,300 faggot.

Also you forget:
>Apple Customer support
>No wasting time with Faggintosh
>Built In Speaker/Webcam
>Etc. etc.

Pajeet detected

amazon.com/s/ref=as_li_ss_tl?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=hp 6300&linkCode=sl2&tag=that0d-20&linkId=f45bd113a63f6a06e90f9fc296356564
OK I overestimated. It's still not 70 dollars though.

>Apple Customer support
>Built In Speaker/Webcam

This is bait, right?

What's the point?
I've been forced to use apple's operating systems before and the user interface is just strictly worse than windows/the majority of GNU/linux, more confusing and frustrating and the programs you get aren't anything special.

You're literally trying to sell what you can't sell. If you're going to tell people to buy an apple computer try something else.

I mean built in speaker/webcam? That's like saying "oh yeah, and you can connect this laptop to a monitor!" not like you can do it with any other fucking laptop, right?

yeah i agree. people like to skew prices a bit to reinforce their opinions.

Yeah it seems Apple is in trouble. They can't make enough money.

How will they ever recover?

>>Apple Customer support

Why would you need that for your own hardware?

>>Built In Speaker/Webcam

Why do you want to be spied on through your webcam?

Apple products are sold as fashion statements, not computers. I thought this was common knowledge.

>no retina display
these days everyone and their mother has a 4k monitor which makes the Retina meme look like 1366x768 garbage

>no trackpad
i'll give you this one, the Macbook trackpads are some of the best trackpads i've ever used. that being said this is a DESKTOP PC which means that a traditional mouse is way more effective and effecient than a trackpad would be. But you can still buy a standalone one from apple if you need it that bad

>no keyboard
apple keyboards are universally shit, even by rubber dome standards. But even then you can buy these from Apple as well

>no portability
actually somewhat of a valid argument, but then again it's all about use case.

true.

He did get stupid lucky with both the SSD and the 750 TI. a 250GB SSD could easily eat up the entire $70 budget alone, and even a secondhand 750 could cost about that much depending on condition.

But surplus PCs are way more common than you'd expect, unless you're living in the middle of bum fuck nowhere, or you refuse to drive an hour or so away to see what's available. Of course i'm lucky and live virtually right next door to a major college campus which does offer surplus hardware to the public.

i was shocked when i looked at system specs of the macbook, it costs 1600 aud yet only had an m3 processor

>>Apple Customer support
why do i need to pay extra for some slack jawed teenager to take a look at my PC and tell me i need to send it back to Apple if i want it repaired? Especially since with a Hackintosh i built the PC myself so i know exactly how to troubleshoot any hardware or software problems i come across
>>No wasting time with Faggintosh
says the guy throwing around every apple defense force tactic in the book
>>Built In Speaker/Webcam
i already have higher quality speakers and a webcam on my current setup that i could transfer over at zero extra cost

literally the only thing you're whining about is that anyone with a hackintosh is not giving Apple their money, which means absolutely jack shit to me. You could keep whining about how Apple Certified Hardware (TM) is "objectively" better (despite not actually doing so), but all i see is someone clinging to every last straw they can grasp because they were too dumb to realize that they didn't have to pay the exorbitant price directly to Apple just to use the Fisher-Price tier software they developed.

This. I do have both a magic trackpad (the first one, not the shitty force touch thing that costs twice as much) and a half decent mouse and I'm using hackintosh on a desktop. I can see no reason to actually get an apple computer.

It also comes with what is perhaps the shittiest keyboard yet invented

Virtually no travel. I think they are prepping people for touch only keyboards

t. helped a friend with his 2 days ago

He said a pickup can tow more than a bike

yes he did. in the context of his post mine is a joke. It makes sense when you realise the equivalency

>apple keyboards are universally shit
I use their wired desktop keyboard exclusively. Easily the best KB I've ever used.

You'll never get those components for $70, though. He really lucked out.
A realistic price is more like $300.

Will never understand why people waste time with hackintosh when you can buy a Mac Pro 08 in great condition on eBay for about $300 or less. Add a PCI card that holds an SSD (and boot OSX from it) and USB 3.0 card...both are very cheap on Amazon, and you can have the full mac experience that runs lighting fast without the hassle. You can even slap in a regular GTX 680 (max it can run on its native powersupply) Only thing is it won't run newest OSX Sierra, but from what I hear, it's not adding all that much to El Capitan.

>Mac Pro 08
>lighting fast
also
>won't run newest OSX
is a pretty good reason too

>Sup Forums didn't think of this first
>now they shit on someone who did

He is guaranteed to get 1 million views from this.

Which one are you in this pic?

HAI GUYS I BOLTED A GIANT TARBO IN MY 1997 Civic AND NOW ITS A FARARI! I bought it at a junk yard for $70 and I got the civic off of Craig's list for $300. $370 fararri y'all!

I will never understand these half-measures. If you're a normie or a gay or both, buy a Mac or use Arch. If you're a straight white techie, use Linux, except Arch, or BSD.

Unless if you need Xcode why would you do that when you can just install Ubuntu?

>an ebay hobo build desktop is more powerful than a

Looked it up on ebay, the normal price for his components would be over 300$

>I think they are prepping people for touch only keyboards

That's not the process and that's not how it works you fucking idiot. They have no plans for such a thing, one thing you'll find after extended use is that you always know when you registered a keystroke, the keyboard isn't so bad when you get used to it and you'll actually begin to really like it. Sure it'll never beat the key FEEL of an xx30 ThinkPad but it comes 2nd to it. The old MacBook keyboards were mushy and loose. Plus these new keys have a lot of TAKATAKATAKA which is nice.

No xenons or ecc ram. Into the trash it goes. Inb4 you can game in xenon. Some of us actually use computers for real work

If that were actually the case, you would know it's Xeon, not xenon.

This.

>find out what time of year your local universities buy new new stock (hint: it's probably around now)
>go buy their surplus at that time when they're dumping a bunch of shit in the inventory and the old stuff has to go.

Man I need to go hit up TCU. UTA and North Texas are nearby too, but with TCU's tuition, I bet they sell off some very nice workstations every couple of years.

CLICKBAIT TITLE, they expend at least 200$ on that build

You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely necessary to the post that you're making!

>Comparing desktop to laptop
>Abnormally low price involved getting super lucky with a surplus PC and jewing someone out of their SSD
Pretty good clickbait video.

>taking advantage of someone else's laziness
>jewing

>xenon

He's not saying to replace a laptop with it, he's saying it's a $70 hackintosh that's at least as powerful as Apple's low end hardware

why would anyone squat on the middle of the street for no reason? is she indian?

It's not for no reason, it's for a photo.

>desktop is more powerful than a laptop

rlly maks u ponder...

>i've only been involved in PCs for the last 2 or 3 years, so I don't have an OLD machine to cannibalize for this system
FUCKING DROPPED
YOU ARE A BUNCH OF FUCKING SHILLS
slide this shit ass thread

No, slav.