/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Moto Z2 Play XT1710 just hit TENAA w/ a ridiculously small 2820mAh battery.
twitter.com/rquandt/status/865724467175202817

Nokia 9 prototype leaked under armor, specs confirmed
frandroid.com/marques/nokia/427619_exclusif-on-a-essaye-le-nokia-9-avant-sa-presentation-impressions-et-caracteristiques

The Honor 9 will be unveiled on June 20 or 21
gsmarena.com/the_honor_9_will_be_unveiled_on_june_20_or_21-news-25009.php

evleaks: 2017 Moto lineup
twitter.com/evleaks/status/863580163153461249 (embed)

OnePlus 5 Already on GearBest - Totally Monstrous Specs & Design!
xiaomitoday.com/oneplus-5-already-gearbest/

ZTE Axon 7 Unlocked Smartphone,64GB Ion Gold (US Warranty) - $ 329.99
amzn.com/dp/B01FUF1EL8

Huawei nova 2 to be announced on May 26
gsmarena.com/huawei_nova_2_to_be_announced_on_may_26-news-24954.php

old

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_pro_2-8558.php
reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/6b8l06/xiaomi_redmi_pro_2_briefly_appears_on_official/
youtu.be/_5aXkW0EFRI
youtu.be/0M3Budnl3aI
phonearena.com/news/Nokia-6-to-arrive-in-Europe-and-Latin-America-with-less-memory-upgraded-front-camera_id94145
eglobalcentral.co.uk/lg-g6-h870ds-64gb-dual-sim-sim-free-unlocked-white.html
wiki.lineageos.org/devices/x2#get-lineageos-for-the-leeco-le-max2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is there any non chink upgrade from a galaxy S5 for around 150 eurobucks?

LG G5 or Samsung S7?Need a phone asap based in the UK with >£400 budget

... lewd

S7 is superior in every possible way.

anybody here with a white ZUK Z2 PRO? How gay does the gold frame look?
In some pictures it's barely noticable but I'm just not sure.
And don't tell me to get the black one, it's not available anywhere for a fair price.

Not really, chinkphobe.

No. What exactly is wrong with the S5 though?

>LG G5

>ZTE Axon 7 Unlocked Smartphone,64GB Ion Gold (US Warranty) - $ 329.99
Why is this still in the news? That deal has been over for days already

I just ordered a Nextbit Robin on Amazon for $150. Plus a case and a extra squaretrade warranty for less than $200. Good purchase? Anyone here have one?

is getting a Redmi Pro in trade with my Nexus 6p a downgrade? Could get the Redmi with a miband for my nexus

>mediakek
Just wait for the Redmi Pro 2 with SD660.
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_pro_2-8558.php

Problem is my 6P is shitting the bed and i need a new phone. Is the Redmi 4 any better?

I'd stick with the 6p

Yeah, switching the Battery is Plan B
I'll try that first

That leak was a fake (first comment)
reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/6b8l06/xiaomi_redmi_pro_2_briefly_appears_on_official/

Redmi 4 Prime is dirt cheap and quite good.
Vanilla Redmi 4 is shite.

It's not perfect but for that price it's a great deal.

what y'all think about recent nokia 6?

Redmi Note 4 Global

Not really a chinkphobe as I own a redmeme note 3 pro, just needed advice for a normie and my knowledge doesn't go far beyond the chunk land.
That's what I asked him, but I guess it's just him being bored of his old touchjizz phone because he doesn't even know custom ROMs exists and he wants to fulfill his soul with a brand new waste of money.

any recs for a verizon 4g phone? price would be anything under $200

Build quality-wise it's very impressive, it's built like a tank.
youtu.be/_5aXkW0EFRI
youtu.be/0M3Budnl3aI

SD430 isn't anything special but as someone with a SD430 phone I can tell you it's perfectly adequate for normal phone usage.

Moto G5 Plus. Get best buy to price match the Amazon prime exclusive Moto G5 Plus (2gb RAM version is $185)

Maybe a Moto G5 or Nextbit Robin.

Thanks.

Why is Moto g5 so much recommend specs aren't special at all

>phonearena.com/news/Nokia-6-to-arrive-in-Europe-and-Latin-America-with-less-memory-upgraded-front-camera_id94145
>HMD looked at the whole package of the Nokia 6 and combined that with global consumer feedback to enhance features that will impact the everyday use, such as adding auto focus to the front facing camera.

>We know the tech spec race isn’t for everyone, the reality being that most consumers will notice very little difference in performance between 3GB and 4GB RAM, but enhancements elsewhere in the device have a huge impact on the day-to-day experience of using the phone.

>Long story short, the Nokia 6 units that will be sold in Europe and Latin America, will come with 1 GB of RAM less than their Chinese brethren and less storage, making for a total of 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of storage memory, but they will feature auto-focusing selfie snapper

REEEEEEEEEEE
Fucking normies I swear. I don't care about cameras.

Find something better at $150 that is not chink.

Zuk Z2 and Le Max 2 are fat better spec wise but he doesn't want chinkphones cuz he raycis.

Read the fucking article
>This, however, excludes the Arte Black edition which will still boast 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of storage
If you want 4gb RAM and 64gb storage you can still get it.

If you don't want to deal with chinkshit then moto g5 is the best phone you can get.

Install a custom ROM and and swap the battery (if needed) and the S5 is still a perfectly fine phone for 1-2 more years. Don't think there is a 150€ non-chinkphone that's a straight up upgrade from the S5. Though none of that really matters if he's after a new phone just for the sake of having a new phone.

Yeah, at a higher price.

>4/64 version costs more than 3/32
no way

I fucking hate all glass and metal phones, they feel so slippery.

What's coming out that doesn't follow this meme?

Just use a case / skin

Is this LG worth it? my G4 has started to shit the bed and £400 doesnt seem a bad price.
eglobalcentral.co.uk/lg-g6-h870ds-64gb-dual-sim-sim-free-unlocked-white.html

i thought it's a BBC in her mouth

ZTE Blade V8 Pro

Also would there be much point in this G6 over a oneplus 3t given the specs.

Do skins actually provide good protection?

I use a case for my Xperia Z3 since it was so slippery for me when I first bought it. I'd love to avoid cases entirely. My Galaxy S5 is fine without a case, would a skin feel a bit like the back of the S5?

Just got an axon 3 in the mail.

What apps should I install on it? I've only ever had shitty android phones where web browsing and actual usage was a chore.

I've glanced over the wiki and pulled a few things from there - but what does Sup Forums use?

axon 7 meant to say

Update it first and foremost. Then install all your usual applications. If you don't use chrome sync, try other browsers like the chromium based Tuga. You could also try unlocking the bootloader, rooting it and such.

No, I had a TPU jelly case over a phone dropped it and the screen still cracked even though it landed on the edge of the case towards the back

I'm in the store should I buy g6? Pls quick ;^) £585

No, get an OP3T.

Thanks, updated it to nougat yesterday. Still considering whether or not I should root and put another rom on it.

How does Tuga compare to browsers like Naked?

Does seem a better deal, but I may wait for the oneplus 5 depending on the price.

£585 is not worth it for the G6. it's still uses the SD821 instead of SD835, and has a shitty camera too.

The link I posted has it £400.

Do note that the op3t might dissapear from stock around the time the op5 launches. They did discontinue the 128GB version of the OP3T after all.
I never used Naked. I personally use Chrome Beta because I am kind of bound to use the in built password manager and bookmark sync. Tuga is a snapdragon optimised build of Chromium, but Google decided to fuck all the unofficial chromium builds and broke account syncing for them. Otherwise, it's a little smoother than vanilla Chrome.

Thought you were too kek

Anyway £400 still ain't worth it.

What about £400 for OP3T?

Not bad for a $140 phone.

Alright but I'd still wait for the OP5 next month.

Get the Axon 7

A skin isnt for protecting your phone, it's just to make it not slippery

6P has amazing speakers, camera and support.
if those aren't important, go for the redmi

>what is personalization

any guides/infographics for decent phones for under 300 or so CAD?

>reading comprehension

A bit outdated but w/e.

thank you!

No modern smartphone with front-facing speakers
hardware unlocked
Verizon-compatible
4.7 inch or smaller footprint

How great would it be if you get get those new Nokia phones with US bands but still no gapps

Moto X 2013

Question: It's better to buy a new midrange or a 1 year old flagship?

It depends on the hardware advances of the time. In 2016 you'd have been better off buying a new midrange with a SD625/650/652 rather than an older flagship with a SD808/810. Right now, we're waiting for the new generation of midrange chipsets from Qualcomm, as there are a lot of chink phones running on 820s around (and those are currently the better option imho).

>modern

I'm planning to buy a HTC10/S7 flat or OP3T in september, with a budget of 400€ or so. It's a bad idea?

I think the camera is what tanks the phone in that price segment, doesn't seem to compare too well to, say, the Moto G5's

Need a phone in the 400-600€ price range relatively soon.
I'm eying the OP3T.
When is the OP5 gonna release? Should I wait perhaps?

>HTC10/S7 flat or OP3T
Those are some pretty different devices. Futureproof wise, the OP3T is a good bet considering it has 6GB of RAM and a dedicated community behind it. The HTC10 has superior audio output, while the S7 flat has quite a few good additional features oneupping the other two. It all depends on what you're looking for in a phone, but take note that the OP3T might not be available anymore in september, the S7 might be abandoned by Samsung when the S9 comes out (and most features are borked when running custom ROMs) and HTC's situation (as a company) is somewhat prickly and its screen is unusable with polarised glasses.

Any chance we'll get an SD660 for below $190 in July?

It should get released in June/July, and it's said that it will cost a whole lot more than the 3T. Expect around 550-600 something €. If you want the latest and greatest, it's not a bad idea to wait for it.

Moto G5 Plus has a better camera, sure. Regular Moto G5, not so much.

Close to no chances. Unless Xiaomi pulls one out of their ass, which might also be plagued by a shit ROM.

I currently own a Moto G2 that i use for call/whatsapp/internet browsing/youtube/music player and for taking photos at work (often i need to take pictures of electrical implants for report them on cad), i need a good camera and mass storage, but not something heavy or above 5". For once i want a "big dog".

>a good camera and mass storage
All 3 of them take nice photos. The S7 has better low light capabilities, so it might be the better one of the three for that. But is has only 32GB of internal storage + microSD expansion. The OP3T is stuck at 64GB of internal storage with no expansion and it's somewhat larger than the S7. If you :really: need more than 53GB (the amount of available space on a OP3T after the first boot) get w/e is cheaper between an S7 and HTC10. At this price range, there can't be a phone that's supposed to be "dissapointing", and it all boils down to minute differences in smoothness (+ for OP3T), features (+ for S7 for extra tidbits like waterproofing and + for the HTC10 for audio).

So I was thinking of getting a Le Max 2 if it goes below $175, but a friend told me that it won't be getting a Nougat update and I'm better off getting a Coolpad Cool Dual since it's getting Nougat this June along with fingerprint gestures (whatever that is) and Digital Image Stabilization for its camera. I like that it has a 3.5mm jack but the SD652 looks to be an older model from 2 years ago.

Is Marshmallow still ok for atleast 2 years? Or is Nougat the bottomline?

>implying anyone stays on their shitty ROM
Buy the LM2 and flash LineageOS.

100% Le Max 2
wiki.lineageos.org/devices/x2#get-lineageos-for-the-leeco-le-max2
You'll be safe for a good while.

I'd bet LeEco will have one for $150, their Le 2 x520 has an SD652 and a price of below $150.

That's a big bar...

Who is this?

Lineage OS has shit camera, if you're buying a Le Max 2 and flashing Lineage then its better to just buy a Zuk Z2.

Custom ROMs almost always have a shit camera due to the proprietary stuff that's not disclosed. I think it's more about screen size in this case, whether user prefers a larger or smaller screen.

Did they ever fix that bug in the official one where calling 911 caused a crash?

What is the chance my redmi note 4 is faulty when it arrives?

I'm scared ;-;

Slim, unless the delivery guy decided to play football with it.

>calling 911 caused a crash
That was Moto G5+

Verizon is shit, handlet

For you.

Sauce on pic?

Anyone know how well Le max 2 OR Zuk Z2 works on T-Mobile or Metro PCS?

I know they have the corresponding LTE bands but I wanted to hear first hand experience with it

Le Max 2 has all the 4G bands, Zuk Z2 lacks a few. you'll get better reception with LM2.

If you have a Moto 5G Plus or similar phone, I found an app, "MotoDisplay Handwave" that brings back waving your hand over the phone to bring up MotoDisplay. Your hand has to be a bit closer than it had to me on the Moto X but it's still really nice

Redpill me on Nova Launcher.

What's the point of using it other than needless rice? Stock launcher consumes less battery and gives functional access to everything you need. Considering you spend 99% of your time in apps I'm not so convinced about homescreen modifications.