ITT: technology you once thought looked cool

ITT: technology you once thought looked cool

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5NZmUkA5rGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=3H8ItG5SK9o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

oh..... oh my.

I once thought alienware shit is coolest shit ever.

I m scared to post it here,maybe someone will find out this about me and laught IRL.

It was in windows-xp times when ricing was exclusive to linux retards. So riced win-xp was the coolest shit ever for us win-winners.

rx7 design is timeless family

I once wanted to have my low-end build in 3 of these x9 core e-atx cases

By once wanted, I mean 1 year ago,now I have 30$ case and I could not be more happy

My current case z9 neo and there is space to build my system 3times.

>rainmeter threads on Newgrounds
clocks, clocks everywhere

>mfw i saw a red rx7 a few days ago
first time, some cars are even more gorgeous in person.

Rocketdock. I can't believe I bought that shit.

I still use it.

they are still cool
youtu.be/5NZmUkA5rGQ

>destroying a car
>cool

>got an iPod nano in grade 7
>only apple product I ever owned

iTunes just ruined it for me.

What is that case called?

gotta admit I was pretty stoked about this back in the day

It's an Acer Aspire G "Predator" but as far as I know it was never a standalone case, just an encasing for one of their lines of prebuilts.

WANNA PRAY GAME?

Looks interesting, shame they don't release it as a standalone.

[spoiler]razer[/spoiler]

Are you saying it doesn't look good anymore?

>tfw used to use Stardock WindowBlinds to dress up my Windows XP back in the early 2000s

You take that back you fucker.

Oh shit I remember that!
I also remember having some kind of weird cracked version which gave me tons of bullshit. I had a Hitman theme going once.

Rocketdock was the shit

No. I'm actually genuinely sad that popup lights are no longer a thing. The industry wants us to forget them but they're so pretty

no.

Nah, still think it looks cool.

They mess with aerodynamics it is as simple as that.

dude that does look cool
thats fuckin sick bruh

does the front panel hinge around for a reason or just to look hella gamer?

but they look cool.

how the hell are they pretty you retard

random square body lines in the hood when folded down? no

clashing body lines when popped up? no

novelty meme shit, they look bad and are prone to breaking simply because it's another unnecessary moving part

let me get this straight.

You used to want to build your low end computer system in 3 separate cases, but ended up building it in a case big enough to hold three low end systems. and you are satisfied with your decision

If this is all correct I don't understand what you're saying

I just bought an 1970 opel gt.

you are just retarded

I like this but also see it being a bad thing. Still cool though

>stop liking what I don't like
God you're retarded. You're almost as stupid as the man in the white house.

>prone to breaking simply because it's another unnecessary moving part
That's what I said when I learned of headlights that adjust up and down based on hills when driving

>because it's another unnecessary moving part

Personally I like moving parts in technology. Makes it more interesting and makes it feel more interactive. Everything has to be a piece of unibody metal nowadays. Not sure if it's even THAT more reliable. How often do you really have moving parts break before anything else?

What is the name of this laptop

Thinkpad 701C

The overhanging buttons trigger me more than the movement.

>mfw this thing is expensive as fuck because it's a vintage collector's piece

NANI?

My high school computer teacher had one as a decoration in his classroom.

>tfw you will never have the ridiculous kind of disposable income to just tinker and build PC's like this all day and sell them at cost or whatever on ebay just because you love building PCs

RGB lighting used to be cool, but now it just goes through the rainbow and looks gay as hell

>reddit spacing

fuck off retard

Because if someone steals your wallet, they're also getting a $500 device people rely on for communication! Top-level safety!

Real talk, why the hell did this shit ever become a thing?

It looks elegant, "smart", and cool, but we all realize how fucking stupid it is hence the original point of the post.

I feel like the phone part should either be on the outside or have a separate cover flap, so you're not awkwardly exposing your ids and shit when you need to talk on the phone.

It would still be stupid though.

I'm too high for this.

Yeah, gnome shell is kinda lame.

These things. Cool in theory, but shit in practice

we've all been teens, right?
this was my desktop

Royale Noir remixed was top tier, best xp theme ever made

>personal taste
>not same opinion as mine
XD UR SO RETARDED

Ayyy

Fuck I want a 200SX

The car in that video is an American market 240SX with a KA24DE.

I saw that video, but isn't the american 240SX the same as the 200SX in the European market ?

tiny riced mech keyboards. so expensive and not more practical than fullsized.

Aside from one big difference, yes. The big difference is the engine. WHile everywhere else got an SR20DET powered S13, America didn't get a turbo due to insurance reasons. Instead, American market cars got a n/A 2.4L KA24 engine shared with Nissan pick up trucks. Turbos meant high insurance rates at the time. 1989-1990 models used an SOHC KA24E making 140 HP, 1991-1996 models used a DOHC KA24DE making 155 HP. No higher performance model was offered.
The engine in American models is completely unrelated to what every other country got.

Oh thanks.
Once I get one of these bad boys, I'll swap the engine with a RB25DET or a V8 anyway.
But first I need to get a 240/280Z.
Probably the best looking car ever built, aside from the Toyota GT3000, but it's wayyy too expensive.

>has no idea about cars
>Once I get one of these bad boys, I'll swap the engine with a RB25DET or a V8 anyway.

What's wrong with swapping ?

In America, an RB swap isn't wise due to the unavailability of parts. That's why LS V8 swaps are so common in America. The LS V8s are literally EVERYWHERE. They might as well grow on trees. You can't go down any street without finding at least one or 2 vehicles with one. This is mainly because of the popularity of pickup trucks in America. 4.8L, 5.3L, and 6.0L versions are incredibly popular in GM trucks. You can pick up a 300 HP 4.8L V8 from a Chevy Silverado for under $500 from a junkard, mount it to a transmission from a Camaro or Firebird (a T56 is generally 1.5k), and then swap kits are fairly cheap. LS swaps in general can cost less than 3k. It's why it's the most popular performance engine in America. As a bonus, parts are literally everywhere for those engines. Meanwhile, you'd have to wait weeks for SR20DET or RB specific parts, versus a 5-15 minute drive to the local auto parts store.
youtube.com/watch?v=3H8ItG5SK9o

TL,DR; the V8 is the way to go.

I live in Yurop anyway so even if the V8 is more common, it doesn't grow on trees.
But yeah, V8 seems like a better idea.

In your case, I would look into swapping in a Nissan VQ35DE V6 from a Nissan 350Z Sports car. There's swap kits for that too.
There are also swap kits for Nissan's VK56 V8 but I think those are American market only. Correct me if I'm wrong.

>when I'll get in programming I'm gonna make my own linux distro
Here, this is basically what you just said, before learning how to run learn how to walk.

also besides ridiculous cost and time you have to put into engine swap, you must mention how it completely fucks up weight balance of a car, especially with some V8 piece of shit.

Also, most of LS are lighter than 4-cylinders

LS1 is lighter than the 1.8L Miata if I recall well

More torque, same RPM range and lighter, what more to ask?

i still sort of like it

reliability and quality

>you must mention how it completely fucks up weight balance of a car, especially with some V8 piece of shit.
This depends on the engine in question. In many cases, an aluminum LS V8 doesn't weigh much more than the I4 it's replacing. An RB swap or a 2JZ swap will fuck up the weight balance more than an LS swap.

All hail our lord and saviour.

riiiight. Because Nissan is a paragon of reliability. This was pulled from an R35 GTR. go meme-spew somewhere else.

certainly better than Corvette

>defending a company that uses CVTs

C7R's engine is not the one used in production models but the 5.5L "LS" - try again GT-R fanboy

Meant to post this:

I really hope you're not implying this isn't cool.

It was cool. Then the iPhone came out.

>applecuck

production model is not much better
im not a gtr fanboy, i just think gm is absolute dogshit. gm products dont even exist outside USA, shit cars that are not relevant today.

>le dae miss the 90s gen xer

not the same guy, but I get what he meant:
the iPhone started the smartphone movement, be it iPhones, Androids, Windows Phones (RIP) or anything else, which made pretty much any other type o mobile phone look outdated

kawaii as fuck

As someone who builds Vintage Stock Cars I can say what are a fucking ignorant

Find me better than a 350 SBC, you won't

My current project, 1966 AMC Rambler on a Ford frame with a SBC 358CI, taken 1 month ago now at the paintshop

Keep talking shit boy

>gm products dont even exist outside USA
Opel
Vauxhall
Holden
late 90s to 2010 Saab

Those are still GM retard. and America does export Cadillacs and Chevrolets.

>Opel
>Vauxhall
french nao

only as of a few weeks ago. The cars are still all GM though.

They are cool as shit to learn about but the practicality of it in everyday life shows when you see it in real life
>burns oil by design so have to check oil/fill every other gas fill up
>apex seals like to blow necessitating an entire engine rebuild
>worse gas mileage than V8's with 3 times the displacement and double the power

I would simply like to interject for one short while. What you're alluding to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I simply the other day began to call it, GNU + Linux. Linux isn't an operating setup unto itself, but rather another free component of a completely operational GNU setup made practical by the GNU core libraries, shell tools and essential setup components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Quite a few computer owners use a changed version of the GNU setup daily, without realizing. By a strange series of situations, the version of GNU which is widely utilized these days is often called "Linux", and many of its owners are not aware that it is practically the GNU setup, created by GNU.

There truly is a Linux, and this population do have it installed, but it is but a part of the setup they use. Linux is the core: the part of the setup that distributes the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The core is a necessary part of an operating setup, but useless by itself; it is only operational in the structure of a whole operating setup. Linux is normally utilized in combination with the GNU operating setup: the whole setup is practically GNU with the addition of Linux, or GNU/Linux. All of the supposed "Linux" distros are really distros of GNU/Linux.

I know you can use them regularly, but I've always thought they were just for collectors since a lot of people would post pictures of like 10 of them.

almost nobody buys them since they gained general motors seal of quality

/o/ fags get out