Do people here realise they can turn off updates on Windows 10 or are you all to busy complaining about it

Do people here realise they can turn off updates on Windows 10 or are you all to busy complaining about it

Plus you shouldn't worry about Microsoft ratting you out for anything that isn't CP or snuff
If Microsoft was to leak your information on 10 no one would use it

You idiots are willing to fuck around with Linux to make it "work like you want" but you can't turn off one Windows service?
You can turn off everything that is "spying" on you but you won't look into it but you'll look into it for Linux
good game Sup Forums, good game

Other urls found in this thread:

mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux,
is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux.
Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component
of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell
utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day,
without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU
which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are
not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a
part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system
that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run.
The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself;
it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is
normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system
is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux"
distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

I'm a Windows fan but the stuff they started doing since 7 is inexcusable

>an turn off everything that is "spying" on you but you won't look into
There is a colourful button that says it disables the spying. Wether or not it does anything is unknown since we can't see the source, it is as simple as that.

>Turn off critical security updates just to make Windows usable
what a piece of shit

also,
>wannacry

>turning off the botnet in a closed source OS that was developed with the primary purpose of being a botnet from the start
>thinking that turning off the botnet in a closed source OS by clicking some buttons does anything
>using third party closed source tools to supposedly "turn off the botnet" on a closed source OS

are you retarded

Okay, good point OP. Also windows 7 is 20$ on kinguin now so I just installed windows 7 on all my rigs.

>actually buying windows
>not getting clean untouched isos from:
mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
>not activating it with Microsoft ToolKit
you fucked up, boy.

> won't be installed for weeks or months
They still get installed.

>Do people here realise they can turn off updates on Windows 10 or are you all to busy complaining about it
How do you turn it off?

then use Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB.
It stays on build 1607 (it will never change) and only gets security updates for 10+ years.
also no cortana, or apps by default. it's good, but I personally wouldn't use it.

How do you read the settings or use Google?

Also if you go into services in Windows you can turn off something called "WindowsUpdate", then again it's really hard to look up online so I can't blame you for trying to use your laziness to make a point
>Inb4 I don't use Windows 10

>If Microsoft was to leak your information on 10 no one would use it
That's like saying that if Windows was essentially the only OS that got viruses nobody'd use it. Most users think it has to be that way.

Or I can just get Linux to work how I like it.

You can't actually ``turn off" the spying, the stuff they let you turn off is just a distraction. And you HAVE TO get updates when running Windows, given that a new Windows exploit has been coming out on a weekly basis lately. And Windows 10 isn't really a good OS to begin with, even without the botnet stuff.

If you're going to go through that much trouble to install Windows, you might as well just be using GNU/Linux. Or even ReactOS.

>installing Windows 7 when your processor won't allow you to run it or receive security updates

Some of us with quality hardware are not allowed to run quality operating systems

Nigger XP was a fucking botnet out of the box, no fucking security at all and immediately on installing it your internet connection was maxed with billions of connections spinning your disks at 100% and your CPU and RAM at 100%

what DE is that?

How do you get that if you dont own a bussiness and want to pay for activation?

>trash
You got that right

that's the problem though, you still have to deal with the retarded Windows way of updating for security updates. It's just a fucking nightmare. What a garbage OS, what like 30 years now and they still can't make an update process that isn't shit?

windows files are in the trash folder :^)

download the iso
activate it with KMSpico or Microsoft ToolKit
wow so fucking hard
never had an issue with that ever

The most advanced Linux DE out there.

even Windows UI is less bloated than that DE crap

Tell me precisely, exactly what advantages Windows 10 has over Windows 7.

I'll even start you off

>Directx 12

But past that, what benefit?

Prove it

KDE

>Do people here realise they can turn off updates on Windows 10 or are you all to busy complaining about it

Doesn't change the fact that windows 10 is a hodgepodge of fucking bullshit UI and other crap that makes it run like complete ass and inconsistently.

>Plus you shouldn't worry about Microsoft ratting you out for anything that isn't CP or snuff
If Microsoft was to leak your information on 10 no one would use it

It's a matter of privacy you fucking dipshit, it's the fucking principle, everyone should have a goddamn right to privacy.

>You idiots are willing to fuck around with Linux to make it "work like you want" but you can't turn off one Windows service?
You can turn off everything that is "spying" on you but you won't look into it but you'll look into it for Linux
good game Sup Forums, good game

Yeah, how could I be such an idiot, god forbid you have the option to customize anything. I'll just keep letting Microcuck shove it in my ass until 7's support goes to shit, then I'm going to be on manjaro or whatever the fuck for the rest of my life.
Have fun not wanting privacy.

kek I don't even use windows 10

>turn off updates
>make yourself vulnerable to the ransomware
>turn on updates
>make yourself vulnerable to the Microshit botnet

HMMM

what this?

at this point i trust pajeet's ransomware more than the pajeets at microsoft