Monitor help

Acer R241Ybmid
AOC I2481FXH

I'm torn between which one I should buy, both are the same when it comes to price, it's just a matter of which one is better.

Does anyone know enough about the two to give me a few pointers?

Get the acer boi

why acer?

Non retard stand, cheaper.

in terms of being a good monitor, is it better?

yes idiot buy it how many fucking times do I have to tell you

ok thanks brother

get aoc acer is shit

This dell monitor has the best price to performance

Get at least 3 matching monitors

acer a shit

tech deals did a review of the acer. check it out. i've bought 2 as well. they're pretty standardly good.

as a person with 6 Acer LED monitors I've returned 3 for bad pixels and they have ZERO color consistency despite color calibration and them all being the same model

Dealing with their customer service for a bad pixel is like telling them their baby is ugly

do you watch 6 animes at the same time?

>looking at monitors all fucking day
>EVERYTHING has QC issues out the ass, ~10% return rates, probably means 20% shit rates & 40% semi-shit rates
>Even supposedly higher-quality TN panels have issues with pixel inversion, clouding
>local big BnM stores all have absolute dogtrash on display, small stores are all closed

Shopping fucking sucks.

They're both fucking shit.
AOC is making the panels everyone's using.

if it fucks up, acer wont honor any warranty
fuck acer

Both are shit. HP's 25XW is cheaper during holiday sales.

I also need help here.
I need a monitor for both gaming and work.
25" seems to be the sweet spot for my budget, but what's best at that size, 1080p or 1440p?
I have a GTX 1060. It's not exactly suited for 1440p gayming, so that resolution would be for workspace first. But is it really worth it? Won't it be too small?
Any advices?

This.
I bought an entire new PC and received all the parts a week ago.
Can't do shit with it until a get a monitor, and can't decide for shit. They shouldn't be allowed to ship faulty screens in the first fucking place.

What about Asus?

Have you considered 2 1080p monitors & switching one off for gaming?
Maybe 1 IPS & 1 TN?
If you don't mind the asymmetry I have yet to hear a reason why not to mix & match. I'd just make sure they share their refresh rate.

the AOC looks dumb as fuck

You're fucking right actually, from the prices I've seen I could almost buy 2 1080p monitors for the price of one good 1440p screen if I ever have a vital need of more work space, while not having to deal with sub-native resolutions if the 1060 can't keep up in games.

thanks you user