Why isn't this discussed more?

Why isn't this discussed more?

It's made for adults and professionals, not for Sup Forums tier manchildren

cuz amd fags literally btfo

am i doing this right?

This
there is nothing to discuss

a lot of what the suse team and community does is sent upstream and enjoyed by most other distros. as a result, suse comes off as pretty conservative and lackluster, relatively speaking, but it's functional.

Because Linux is dead and nobody gives a shit

German botnet

It's an American site about American products. America First!

It has a graphical configuration tool called Yast. Most linux users are actually allergic to gui-based configuration tools, thus why they don't go shilling it.

There's nothing to discuss.
Novell is just Microsoft in disguise.

Novell sold it.

>selling something free
(((wow)))

>Most linux users are actually allergic to gui

lol

>KDE

KDE is objectively the best DE for Linux

This
I was using enlightenment because of the hacker aesthetics but it's compositor is so dicking slow that it was unbearable.
Moved back to KDE because of it being the best.

call me when KDE has this again.

What's to discuss about it? It's great and I recommend it for first timers, and I really like the idea you can easily create your own packages

SUSE is german based and they have more european customers than they have in NA.

Also, NOVELL and ORACLE are the CISCO of the software world, they are universally hated.

I don't use spy devices so I can't call you.

install Gentoo man

The enterprise version isn't completely free software.

I would recommend openSUSE to friends if I had any.

I'm typing this on a Thinkpad T450s running Tumbleweed. Its good, simple, np bullshit distro. And its a rolling release as well.
I think people neglect to talk about it because its not "cool" to have a preconfigured rolling release. It's somehow cool do all the effort in order to make something like Arch usable, when Opensuse just does it for you.

One of my mates is an opensuse Dev, he moved me from arch to it. I like it better. But he does also post on Sup Forums so he could be shilling in this thread.

BOTNET

In theory, OpenSUSE should be my favourite distro but HOLY SHIT does the installer suck. I unticked every fucking box except for the MATE desktop during the installation and I had like 2200 packages. It even came with two network managers so the toolbar showed that network was offline.

Not to even mention the default partition scheme, what the fuck.

That made me remember the last time I wanted to try it, I wiped my computer but I was offline so I was unable to install it! Why the fuck would I need internet to simply install the god damn thing?!

I think the last time I looked at it, the default KDE installation wanted to download 2.3k packages. I thought fuck that and went through the list by hand and got a working KDE install with web browser, drivers and other things I needed in under 1.3k packages.

I'm not sure what you mean by partition scheme but it's easy to change.

I want to like openPEPE, especially Tumbleweed, but every time I try it I get nothing but shit, usually kernel panics. No other distro misbehaves quite so much for me.

It's a damn shame because zypper and YaST are God-tier. Font rendering is shit though, but that's an easy fix these days.

The OpenSuSE installer is the best i've ever used on a linux distro.Never had any problems with it... then again I just use kde. Why anyone would use mate on opensuse is beyond me.

Zypper is shitty, very slow and its "recommended packages" only bloats your computer. A couple of times when I removed some packages it left binaries and other files, weird.

Tumbleweed is not full rolling release it is snapshot based and sometimes packages break and you have to wait for a fixed second release, this happened to me like 10 times.

I think Leap it's a lot more stable and doesn't have this problems. I like rolling so I moved back to Arch Linux.

this
Fedora really does have one, but Fedora is a bigger botnet.

However, all BS aside, openSUSE does one thing properly: printers. I cba to manage printers, but YaST made it easier than on Windows 7.

they fixed the font rendering in KDE, at least.

Jesus Christ, learn how to use zypper before shitposting.

It has bad font rendering.

because the people who actually use it don't frequent this website

>tfw know that feel

Dunno, tried it recently and liked it
What do you think of Gecko Linux?

It wouldn't detect my fucking printers.

Autists like this and everyone who replied to him are why. They pretend to live in 1993 where storage space is at a premium and there is no such thing as cheat 1TB SSD's and 8TB HDD's.

Fucking kill yourself.

Why would I want a shit ton of printer drivers if I don't even have a fucking printer? Why would I need multiple network managers? It just ships with so much shit I don't need it's easier to just install Fedora.

I use it within XenDesktop and XenApp to deliver some random Linux bullshit. Works great for that. Engineers just need it presented anywhere on their ipads or toughbooks.

I used openSUSE tumbleweed for a while, but it was trash because if you use dup or zup (i don't remember the exact command) but it basically fucks up your entire system. Also, you have the wrong repos? Congrats you just crashed your entire system.

Stick to something that just werks. Like ubantoo or mint.

but yast isnt strictly gui-based

That's still a gui, even though it's text-based. It puts all the "fun" out of administering your Linux by negating the need to manually edit cryptic configuration files for basic tasks.