Take at least 10 seconds to google first

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cjIvu7e6Wq8
codingbat.com/java
youtube.com/watch?v=5FKJBZ66JFE
whatismyip.com/
imgur.com/upload?url=%IMG;text:up
in.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37059/~/windows-10:-enable-or-disable-fast-startup
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is life worth it?

yours probably not, but generally yeap, its pretty great compared to the inevitable alternative

Not really.

+ REPOSTING +

I'm getting roughly 30 fps in WoW in the world at meduim settings. It doesn't seem right because I have had 60+ fps easy on high/ultra settings. I reinstalled the drivers for my GPU and I got good fps on my gpu then my computer screen would randomly say "HDMI signal not found" and I would have to restart. Then it went back to the lower settings....

CPU: AMD FX-6300
12 gb RAM
GPU: GIGABYTE's HD 6970 OC
SMART 750W 80 Plus Bronze

try older drivers
try using dvi cable
try reinstalling windows

youtube.com/watch?v=cjIvu7e6Wq8

Is there an android app that lets you change the delay of optical imput audio?

Since there is no /wdg/ I'll ask here.

In Agnular4, how do I get the Materializecss datepicker to bind its value to a form? It changes the value in HTML but the form value stays empty and doesn't change.

HTML:

Submit

TS:
export class HomeComponent implements OnInit, AfterViewInit {

myForm: FormGroup;

constructor(private _formBuilder: FormBuilder) {
this.myForm = this._formBuilder.group({
date: ['']
});
}

onSubmit() {
console.log(this.myForm.value.date);
console.log(this.myForm.controls['date'].value);
console.log($('.datepicker').val());
}

ngAfterViewInit(): void {
$(document).ready(function () {
$('.datepicker').pickadate();
});
}

ngOnInit() {
}
}

I don't want to use angular2-material or anything similar because this styling is temporary and I will need to be able to quickly get it out of the project.

What a hideous beast..

I just bought a mechanical keyboard and i am having problems with it double pressing space, when i font press it twice.

I bought the motospeed CK104 Inflictor.

It,s brand new, not dirty

I've been recommending Wordpress on a VPS for small (1-10) companies to use as a business site. It is cheap, works out of the box, plugins cover most use cases and you can probably hire people to maintain/upgrade it in the long run, otherwise learning the dashboard is not that hard.

OTOH WP is kind of a trainwreck, should I look into other CMS? What is hot in current year? It has to work flawlessly, these people are cheap when it comes to IT and won't pay engineering hours
>just a small favor bro

how do I know if I'm good/decent with Java? is there a test or challenges I can do to see how competent I am?

codingbat.com/java

if i converted a youtube video into an mp4 (didn't download it just kept the downloading link) and then later the youtube video got deleated for copyright would the mp4 download link video still work?

Is there any way to bookmark a page with search filters applied (e.g. a car price searching website) if the search filters aren't part of the URL?

I've tried googling and can't get a straight answer. I asked in the /pcbg/ and didn't get an answer. I know ITX motherboards have numerous compromises to performance for the small form factor.
My questions is this: What compromises do mATX motherboards have over full size ATX boards? Not planning to run an SLI or crossfire setup.

Why are there still no good simple file sharing services without bullshit limits etc?

rsync, bittorrent

what do you need it for?

the basic answer is no
if you want to automate something you better talk directly to the API

Can I downgrade from 10 to windows 7 without a backup while preserving my programs?

I'd imagine it'd be pretty easy to see if it's possible
just upload something, convert, delete the vid and then try the DL link

How would you do said "converting"?

>suffering is better than feeling nothing at all
I dunno man.

Any yall niggers answer →
Please?

Coz you hadn't heard of the GPD pocket, couldn't wait, or didn't wanna spend twice as much?

Because drives are espensive nigga

Also if you don't consider timed deletion a limit, I will literally make a pomf clone with unlimited file size but with a 14 day deletion time

Where can I find the MD5 and SHA1 checksums of old Windows operating systems?

Anyone know the physical standard of this SAS connection, and what sort of host card I could connect it to?

Helo pls what is god "banger for buck" gpu diss day

I not looking computer things 2 years and now mi gpu is let the smoke out and i rly dont know what to getting

Thankyou

I am not sure if it's stupid or not, but I am having very strange issues with my router atm.

Basically after some fuck ups yesterday and ISP support team comming and "fixing" the internet, the following happens.

Wifi is working perfectly, so is the IPtv connected to the router...PC internet which is wired connection directly from the router is not working, it can't pick up the IP for some reason, yet when I connect the same wire to laptop the wired connection works, so it's a PC issue now somehow.

I also can not enter the router through my PC when connected wired.

Anyone has any ideas?

likely staticly set IP on the desktop

on your desktop and on your laptop
open cmd
run command ipconfig
it will spit out your IP and your gateway
are the first 3 digits identical on desktop and notebook?
for example one being
the other

All IP's and subnet masks are completely different on both
Any suggestions?

desktop one is wrong
you can either just select to get the address dynamically from the router
or you can give it correct static IP with the data you got from the notebook

youtube.com/watch?v=5FKJBZ66JFE

This comes to mind: Your router has switched to bridging mode - i.e all of your machines are connected directly to the "internet" - AND ARE VISIBLE DIRECTLY!

If so, you need to act pretty fast if you don't have a firewall in bethween and/or software firewalls on all devices.

Switch router back to routing mode so you have a NAT in bethween to cover your LAN!

Internet connection in the router settings is set to DHCP though, I'm pretty sure it's not bridging.
Thanks anons, you are obviously better than shitty service, as usual.

And why i suspect this is because you're saying all of the addresses differ completely - if your device IPs don't start with either 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x that most likely means they are not in a LAN network but get a public IP address from the ISP directly. And why your desktop machine doesn't work might be because your IPtv and laptop and perhaps even smart phone connected to the wifi claimed all the available IP addresses for themselves (usually 1-5 public ip per isp customer)

but he is saying that one of those devices is not connecting

Just to be certain, can you check your IP from the ipconfig tool and paste it here (censor aleast the last part)? or atleast compare it with whatismyip.com/ and tell me they differ.

The situation is as follows
>One device can not connect wired, can not test wireless yet
>other devices can connect both wires and wireless

Now, I set static IP, but strangest shit happened now. Despite me setting static IP and configing it, it still gives me the old ipv4 and ipv6...it also says autoconfiguration ipv4.
I will screen both, tell me what I have to blur out.

Don't post your public IP to Sup Forums if you don't want to risk any trouble - just compare the ip that you can see from ipconfig and the website and tell me are they the same or are they different.

ipv4 on my laptop and ip that it says on the website are different

Is there a decent alternative for 4chanX instead of imgur?
imgur.com/upload?url=%IMG;text:up imgur

I currently have an old GTX 560 Ti, and a nice i7 4790k.
I want to upgrade my GPU, I do some renderings (3D with Blender, fractals...), and some 1440p gaming.
I can get second hand GTX 1070 around 350€ or 1080 around 450€.
Does the GTX 1080 really worth it?

Also, what is Sup Forums consensus on second hand hardware like recent graphics cards?

Alright;

I'd recommend putting your desktop machine to DHCP mode and trying once more - not sure how else i could help trough Sup Forums :P

wanting to setup a media pc for my tv in my lounge room, all i need it to do is connect to my wireless network and be able to play video at 1080p from usual places youtube/vlc/mediaplayer. whats the cheapest way to go about it?

moving my computer so its in a nicer room, so now ill have nothing able to play on tv if i have people around.

My mom's laptop , more often than not, when turned on will only show a black screen (backlight is on).

It takes several tries to turn it on properly, and just unplugging the power and pressing the power button does not seem to be effective.

Only thing that seems to work is if I take the RAM out and put it back.

Any suggestions for a permanent fix? Is it a RAM issue or more likely a motherboard issue?

I don't understand the reason as to why my PC won't use the static IP I tell it to use.
I go into ethernet properties, right click ipv4, "use following IP address", write in everything and it still tells me other bullshit when I run ipconfig.

as always, depends how much is 100€ worth to you
I would say its reasonable performance gain you get for it

Ah, you need to reload the interface;

Open command prompt and type these commands, second one might take a moment to complete:

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

What if I will change the router itself to static ip

disable fast boot in windows
in.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37059/~/windows-10:-enable-or-disable-fast-startup

when I typed ipconfig release it told me
>operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation

Change the interface back to DHCP before running the commands. Be sure to change both wireless and the ethernet (wired) interface to DHCP (automatic ip option in windows, if i remember right. Also automatic DNS!)

What do I encrypt my USB memory stick with? TrueCrypt isn't maintained anymore and I haven't heard much positives about VeraCrypt...

Thanks, will try now.

Yeah, PC just refuses to see the router. When I diagnose Ethernet it just says
>ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration.

should i install mac os?

So you did change the desktop computers interfaces back to DHCP? And then tried to ipconfig release & renew? what happens when you do that?

STUPID ANSWER: if you're using firefox with Manjaro and it reverted to the ugly default theme in update 53 like it did with me, just head to ~/.mozilla/manjaro.default and remove the chrome folder

~/.mozilla/firefox/manjaro.default***

I did the whole renew, release, everything, doesn't work.
PC doesn't give a fuck, I don't understand.
It makes no sense, it worked perfectly fine before internet fucked up, after internet got fixed everything but PC can connect.

yes, it's a god-tier OS. it's what linux should have been.

Is it too late to learn other language? Should I stick to Java exclusively?

once you know how to program then language doesn't matter.

>Just give any hooker a printout of some linuxy phrases
No, I want a hooker who legit uses GNU+Linux and knows how to compile a kernel

I have a backup/file server with two storage disks. Should I bother with RAID 1 if I'm going to be backing up offsite too?

What does it mean when a post is grey on hackernews?

Which is the best Adblock for Firefox?

ublock origin

Is there a software on linux that would allow me to quickly install/uninstall an app (kinda like activating and deactivating it) without having to re-download the whole thing from the repositories? Kind of like an application switch

I can't login to my ubuntu account. It keeps looping whenever I try to enter.

most package managers keep downloaded packages in a cache
either don't clear the cache, or at least keep the ones you want to keep

Building a steam machine for around the cost of a ps4

Silverstone sst-st30sf 300w power supply
Toshiba p300 1tb 3.5 inch HDD
Silverstone sst-ml05b case
8gb crucial ddr3 ram
Asrock qc5000m-itx/pH motherboard
Geforce GT 1030

Really cheap build just looking for opinions mostly the onboard CPU of the mobo will it bottleneck the gpu? Anyone any experience with this case it looks really compact will I fit all this shit in it?

How do I change my statis ip address? Please respond

on what?

How can one kernel, not considering some specific modules, work on many diffenrent CPUs, modern ones and also older ones?

Which programming language should I start with?

I was thinking about going with Java > C > Assembly > Python > Haskell

by compiling for each architecture
you can also ahve multiple codepaths for the same code that can use different intstructions or not depending on what is supported

largely-portable codebase, which can compile and run on multiple platforms, combine with platform-specific components to support the really low-level stuff unique to each platform

I would start with Python

negative votes

C++
learns you how to thinks, you can learn how to debug and it is "base" for many other languages

My computer. I have windows 10.

just from memory;
1. right click network icon in the tray
2. click network and sharing centre
3. click change adapter settings on the left
4. right click > properties on the adapter you want to edit
5. double click internet protocol (ipv4), or ipv6 if you're after that instead
6. change the ip, or set it to static if it's not already

Yeah but I read through the archive and anons seem to have problems with it as a beginner language because of the language being too easy and the posibillity of hardships you can face after you start learning other complex languages because of this.

I saw an article about C++ being TOO complex and having almost no supporting tools to use other than Visual Studio or something like that. What do you think user?

how do I into fan speed control for Windows without using 3rd party software? or is there no other way?

Is there a retards guide to overclocking my i5-2500k?
I've had it for years but I never bothered to overclock

I bought an SD to IDE 2,5 adapter for an old computer. It's detected by the BIOS and I can install Debian on it perfectly fine like on a "normal" HDD. I can then boot into Debian and even reboot if I want to but as soon as I completely turn the computer off the adapter becomes non-bootable.
Do any of you have a clue of what is happening here ? I suspect Grub but I don't really know what to do.

Code blocks is nice begginer IDE, it is not to complex, simpler than C in any case, at least for begginer because input and output streams ar ez

do Buckeys C++ tutorial,nice vids

python

So, my laptop is shitting out on me.
Whenever I try to boot normally it says the default boot device is missing or boot failed.
Now, I already went through my tech support steps, trying everything within my power, to no avail. Attempting to start the e-recovery process (alt-f10) also doesn't work properly for some reason
With that said, I'm going to purchase a recovery drive from acer. My stupid question is as follows: if I go through with the purchase, would my files be recoverable? My drive still shows up in BIOS and everything, but a part of me feels that it's all gonna be for nothing
>pic related, my BIOS, showing my hard drive. Does that mean it's still alive?

How can I download files > 1GB through mega on firefox without installing their add-on?

Unless you can do it in BIOS, you don't

you click the grey button
anyway I prefer to use jdownloader

replace hard drive

you hdd is bad
buy ssd

The grey button gives me a warning and doesn't let me download on large files. I tried installing jdownloader but it changed my homepage to bing depite me unchecking everything in the installer, so I uninstalled it immediately because it's obviously fucking with more than just its own installation.

How the fuck do I permanently get rid of this shit? Only happens on this website. Stops my music and shit. Pic related.

jdownloader is great
if it fucks with your browser deal with it
its still the best clunky and slow application for downloading from host sites

also
>being on windows