pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (Don't worry matt3o says it will be back soon™. He's probably going off the SP SA time schedule)

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEGEghPcd5X2gGVwmw
aliexpress.com/item/Tada68-Mechanical-keyboard-gateron-swtich-65-layout-Dye-sub-keycaps-cherry-profils-enjoypbt-keycap-cherry-profile/32807055607.html
aliexpress.com/item/87-keys-mechanical-keyboard-TKL-tenkeyless-gaming-mechanical-keyboard-cherry-mx-brown-blue-red-87-compact/32285359058.html
aliexpress.com/item/DOLCH-thick-pbt-keycaps-cherry-profile-side-printed-keycaps-gh60-poker-87-104keycaps-108keys/32791274444.html
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1567
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text/fullsize fags btfo/
massdrop.com/buy/25045
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for best keyboard layout

That backspace is too small. If it had a shorter left shift instead that would've been better. Also that enter key is still too small. Microsoft had the right idea and gave all their ISO keyboards an extra 1u column

Looks like Ducky has released firmware version 1.16 for backlit Ducky One fullsize keyboards, upgrading the macro functionality to Ducky Macro 2.0. Finally I can have media keys.

Second for dedicated telegram chat

Invite link:
t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEGEghPcd5X2gGVwmw

Just bought a Redragon Vara for €35. Did I do good ?
Will be my first ever mechanical keyboard.

that's nice. I wish they had some sort of software though that would make it easier to set complex macros for trading in MMOs

It's really not a problem if you don't make too many mistakes.
Also, even if you do accidentally press back slash while going for backspace, you can just remove it by pressing backspace a few more times whereas putting it on top/left of a smaller enter key might have worse consequences if you do happen to press it accidentally

I'm going to replace some broken switches on my Cherry MX board and I don't really have that much experience soldering.
Anything I need to know before I break something?

Yeah its too bad that their dedicated software is only for the Shine 6 line of keyboards.I think even that software is only for accessing the full 16.8 million colour spectrum and macros have to be done with the hardware.

I wish Mistel's Broccoli keyboard had a 2.25+1.25 and 2.75 split spacebar instead of 3 and 3.25 with stabilisers that are different from existing 3u ones so you can't use the aftermarket PBT 3u spacebars from Taobao.

>Assderp selling 120-packs of Gateron switches at ~21c/switch plus garbage shipping and a probably three month wait
>when KBDfans sells 20-packs at 20c/switch with flat rate $5 shipping and a 2-3 week wait
Why does this site exist anymore other than for muh exclusive keycaps?

Anyone bought a board with this year's revised Matias switches? I wonder if they already fixed that god-awful key chatter issue.

whats the best keyboard to complement a white ec1-a mouse?

Ducky Shine 6 Snow White Edition

A white Ducky One

speaking of split keyboards, I'm this close to buying this one. it's pretty much god-tier in my eyes after doing a ton of research. anyone have one? what's it like?

The only thing about using my europoor friends keyboard that throws me off is the small backspace. I'm pretty in to the big ass enter key.

That shit has knock off switches doesn't it? Can't say for sure, report back how it feels when you get it though.

make up my mind for me /mkg

Clear red or black?

clear

If anyone wants to be real hardcore and leave humanity behind I suggest Advantage Kinesis and learn Dvorak.

Oh wait, you're all pussies who would rather buy a shit keyboard that is a familiar rectangular shape. You still hunt and peck for keys and don't type with all four fingers. Embarrassing.

clear

That big of a difference between then actuation?

Clear if Cherry, black if Gateron

Why the black over the reds for gateron?

>i'm too good for qwerty

>tfw I just want a brown mechanical keyboard with a few macro keys and media keys
>almost nothing to choose from

Logitech G710+ seems like the best choice. K95 platinum looks OK too I guess, but it's almost double the price. Is it worth?

Because I like springs in the 60-70g bottom out range

The G710+ is fine but looks gamery and is a tad wide because of the slanted wing-like edges and inclusion of macro keys. Media keys are not mechanical but work well and the audio volume scroll is great. The glossy black plastic around the keys does get a bit grimey over time though.

Have you looked at Das Keyboard models such as the Das Keyboard 4 Ultimate? Corsair K70 (RGB or non-RGB) is another great one to consider.

Neither of those have dedicated macro keys. Being able to open programs and dictionaries with the press of 1 button is a quality of life I refuse to be without.

Sounds like you need the keyboard in the OP

>Budget
Under $150 CAD

>Location (continent at least)
Canada

>Preferred switch type
Blue

>Layout
Whatever the fuck standard American is

>Form factor
Tenkeyless

>Backlight
Not needed

>Previous/current keyboards
Razer Blackwidow (early model with cherry switches)

aliexpress.com/item/Tada68-Mechanical-keyboard-gateron-swtich-65-layout-Dye-sub-keycaps-cherry-profils-enjoypbt-keycap-cherry-profile/32807055607.html

or

aliexpress.com/item/87-keys-mechanical-keyboard-TKL-tenkeyless-gaming-mechanical-keyboard-cherry-mx-brown-blue-red-87-compact/32285359058.html
aliexpress.com/item/DOLCH-thick-pbt-keycaps-cherry-profile-side-printed-keycaps-gh60-poker-87-104keycaps-108keys/32791274444.html

That looks great but I've never bought from chinkbay, is it safe? Should I be using a burner card or nah?

it's safe

No numpad no buy.

If you like the clicky sound then yes. High pitch sound of outemu blue sure sound nice but because of that I brought cherry mx brown instead.

If you're into white keyboards: mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1567

It's a pretty good board. Well built.

Things that bother you about mechanical keyboards, or the community?

For me it's primarily artisans and their cost. A lot of them look pretty bad from an artistic standpoint and seem to be turning into a way for a few people to make a quick buck. Some have been creating their own stockpiles of the rarer ones, making it difficult for others in general to obtain their own copies...

That and how difficult it is to get a lot of keysets/boards/artisans, even if you have the $$$ to pay for them. I've come to accept the fact that a lot of the keysets I want will largely be unavailable to me because I don't want to be spending so much of my disposable income on these things.

Ah, fair enough, missed the dedicated macro keys part.

I just wish more people were willing to make boards on a commission basis rather than only doing group buys. Sure it costs more but I'd happily pay the premium for availability.

>muh overpriced sleeved cables
>muh overpriced unergonomic DSA keycaps
>muh keycap designer
>muh flipped spacebar
>muh LEDs
>muh artisans
>muh overpriced aluminium cases
>muh overpriced wooden wrist rests
I'm pretty sure I missed a lot more.

what's wrong with wooden wrist rests

Wrist rests are bad for your wrists, they should be hovering about an inch above your keycaps.

The overpriced slab of wood part.

they're less bad for you than bad posture and no wrist rest though and I'm not gonna hover my hands above my keyboard

they cost like $30 at most

>>muh flipped spacebar
user...

Are there any mechanical keyboards like the razer orbweaver? Or something similar? I'd like to use it for gaymin since it seems more ergonomic but I don't want shit build quality

>shit quality guns
>horrible mouse
>not even good lasers
Horrible picture my man

Looking for something cheap I can take outside with me (for laptop use), that I will not worry about too much.
1) Budget
Would prefer

why so? I'm not really educated on the matter

don't listen to the autistic neckbeards ITT. as long as you're not straining your wrists/fingers and you're not putting pressure on your wrists while typing you're good to go.

>wrists should be hovering about an inch above your keycaps
that's absurd

White Pok3r or a White HHKB

Debating joining the massdrop for the v60 Matias Mini. Only have experience with MX blues and browns so far. How clicky are the Matias Click switches?

Is it possible to get this layout without the split.

not without going custom. the closest would be a 75% layout keyboard plus a left hand side numpad or macro pad.

Some Ducky and Cooler Master keyboards have 4 macro keys above the numpad that you can program however you want. The keyboards are also programmable so if you want more macro keys it is possible. I didn't need pause break so I used it as a macro.

There are the redscarf series of keyboards, but the guy that makes them had a baby, so he isn't making them anymore.

>"hit the angled key!"
>NIGGA ALL THE KEYS IS ANGLED

>dvorak
>not colemak
nice meme

Consider replying kindly to this post

>Budget
$150 USD

>Location
United States

>Preffered Switch Type
Blue Cherry MX

>Layout
Standard QWERTY keyboard

>Form Factor
Full Size

>Backlight
Preferred but not absolutely necessary

>Previous/Current Keyboards
[spoiler] Rosewill RK-8100 [/spoiler]
First time getting a nice keyboard

>Full Size
ugh

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text/fullsize fags btfo/

CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro L

I don't know from split ergos but I love the switches.

Can't be arst to learn it.

Thanks user, I'll probably be going with your recommendation.

>thread topic
another excuse to post my work-in-progress split memeboard case I guess

On a completely separate note, how are outemu blue switches? They look pretty decent in theory, like a slightly cheaper gateron blue. But is there an issue with them in practice?

I bought a corsair K70 with cherry brown, how fucked am I?

>budget
$150 or less
>location
USA (west)
>switch type
Cherry MX Blue
>Layout
QWERTY
>Form Factor
Tenkeyless
>Backlight
No thanks
>previous keyboard
dell l100

something white or beige would be nice

Extremely. The ghost of Dennis Ritchie will now haunt your windows PC deleting random files. The only way to get rid of him is to wait until he discovers every windows exploit. Or you can just install Solaris.

Ducky One non backlit version

>budget
$90 or less
>location
USA
>switch type
Cherry MX Blue, Brown or Clear
>Layout
QWERTY
>Form Factor
Tenkeyless
>Backlight
Doesn't matter but prefer it
>previous keyboard
Razer BW

Black or white case is fine.

Ducky One non backlit version

if you want a built in numpad, isn't masterkeys pro m big enough for you

Hmm, what about for a backlit?

The keyboard is a little over-budget right now due to rent.

Is the Anne Pro any good even though it's a 60%?

ww.aliexpress.com/item/Tada68-Mechanical-keyboard-gateron-swtich-65-layout-Dye-sub-keycaps-cherry-profils-enjoypbt-keycap-cherry-profile/32807055607.html

the backlit version is 99 bucks, but the one with out it is $90. If you want something cheaper then get a royal kludge tkl

Is the quality the same as the one from Originative?

Its the same one dumbass

yes. it most likely comes from the same manufacturer with the case and keycaps and all. the seller is legit.

Aye, gonna buy that one then. Thanks a lot!

Ducky LEDs suck dick. Would not recommend.

Mechanical keyboards are memes, the microsoft ergo sculpt is objectively better: less key travel, less key noise, less actuation force, split design, tilted ergonomic layout.

>that constant bottom-out impact because nothing to slow you down after dome collapse

Enjoy your tendonitis.

what is a good first mech. keyboard to get?

I don't have desktop, only laptops, but I do a lot of typing and I hate the keyboards on the laptops

if it's more than a couple of years old it's objectively trash

Do you prefer board with or without numpad? With or without clicky sound?

But if you typing a lot you might need some tactile switches, blue or brown (or clear) might suit your need.

regardless of what he thinks he prefers he shouldn't have a numpad, at least it should be a masterkeys pro m not a fullsize board. if he's literally an accountant or something like that he can get a standalone numpad.

Note that if you're planning on buying DSA or SA keysets you will be paying extra $$$ for the numpad keyset.

massdrop.com/buy/25045

without numpad

i have my own den so doesn't matter if makes sound or not

thanks for the input, by the way

and I"m sorry for being so naive, but what do the colours mean?

Keyswitch manufacturers use different colors of plastic to visually distinguish different switch models. Otherwise they'd all look the same despite varied internal construction.

He's referring to Cherry MX switches, and most Chinese Cherry clones also follow suit with the same colors to avoid confusion.

Blue = low weight, clicky and tactile
Brown = low weight, slightly tactile and non-clicky
Clear = moderate weight, a little more tactile and non-clicky

Blue have high pitch clicky sound while brown only make sound if bottom out. Clear is brown with more tactile and more stiff key.

blue
>CLICKCLICKCLACK
brown
>CLACK CLACK CLACK