Is there any sort of rivalry between portugal and spain?

Is there any sort of rivalry between portugal and spain?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=QXpr7Wm9MqI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rivlary [rahy-vuh l-ree]
noun.
: a state or situation in which people or groups are competing with each other

How is it rivalry when one can't compete the other?

Portugal is way better than Spain

Yea there is an irrelevant rivalry between these iberian fuckers

I've not had as much shit talked to me or general disrespect thrown my way as when I go to Portugal. Why are you guys such petty assholes?

what is it about, who is more black? because, according to Sup Forums, you seem to be winning by far

Moortugal is the enemy of the world.

They like to eat eachothers poo haha

both countries have cool flags and moors

They hate us, we usually forget they exist.

yeah trying to be one-eyed king in land of blind.

The only thing those shitskins are competing in is who can take a longer nap.

Not for me. Love portugal and the way they talk.

Has there ever been a war or diplomatic tension between Spain and Portugal?

Something like, for example, the Beagle Conflict..

m.youtube.com/watch?v=QXpr7Wm9MqI

I dunno, here we don't tend to think about them unless towers are involved. I Like the portubros, but I'm a quarter luso myself.

Historically of course, and a lot of wars. Recently only about the Islas Salvajes, and I think they still cry about Olivenza from time to time but I'm not sure because we literally never hear about Portugal on the news.

You wanna get fucked up?

why does this thread keep poping up

both countries find the other indifferent

My parents said that the Portuguese would get very upset when Spanish was spoken to them.

Spaniards clean zoos
Portuguese live in them

Is there actually a difference between the two. What reason is there for them to have a different language?

Only bordering towns care outside Internet.

Cause during Middle Ages there was a unifying body for the language other than the Church to keep the Latin. So the Romance languages sprang. The Castilian speech won in Spain, the Galician in Portugal.

If Andalusia was an independent nation since 1500 I can assure you that at this point they would have developed their own language. Sometimes it's already hard to understand them.

As said, castilian won but we still have some regional languages besides the three big ones (basque, galician and catalan) like a fala (Extemadura), aranés (in Catalonia and different to catalan), asturian-llionés (Asturias and León) or aragonés (Aragón).

They are equal entities in their own right. It's not economic or anything like that.
They are centuries old and each has unique epic histories.

Portuguese are all octaroons and mulattos

Some Spaniards are white(only Catalan and Basque) everyone else is mixed with Arabs and Berbers.

Personally, I don't know anyone who dislikes spanish people. I've visited Spain alot and really love it.

This is true, helped us as our ally so much throughout history.

Also, Sara Sampaio

That's thousand years of history, pibe...

Nothing serious since Napoolepoop. Last '''''''tension''''''''' was when the Portus kicked the shit out of Salazar v2.0, to the dispair of both Paco Franco and el ''''buen hamijo y aliado anglo de mier''''', especially that top lad Kissinger.

But then el Caudillo died and all the franquists were cucked and fucked off and it's been tsundere since then.

Don't know about the former, but definetly the latter.

Portugal won because its former colony its now the 7th largest economy in the world, even superior to Spain itself
All spanish colonies are now mediocre and irrelevant shitholes
we are a shithole too, but we have big economy, international relevancy and 5 world cups

there's some healthy amount of rivalry.

calling us spain or our language spanish specially triggers us. so there's probably some inferiority complex.

But Spanish is way better than the garbage your language spouts

kind of

Not really.
t.gallaecian

Just because you breed like flies

I don't know if there's a real rivalry between them but they're so cute when they're discussing

>MIRA HOMBREE!!
>POR SE PUESTOOO!!!!
>AY PIERRO!!
>UN POQUITO
>a fucking ? upside down

vs

>As armas e os Barões assinalados. Que da Ocidental praia Lusitana. Por mares nunca de antes navegados. Passaram ainda além da Taprobana
>Ser poeta é ser mais alto, é ser maiores do que os homens...
>Estou hoje vencido, como se soubesse a verdade. Estou hoje lúcido, como se estivesse para morrer,
>Peço desculpa, não compreendi o que disse.

it's just banter

I love portugal, portuguese and portuguese people.

CHI

We love you too.

That thread was fun.

Will Portugal ever get back Olivença ?

When we get back Gibraltar and Morocco gets back Melilla and Ceuta.

We took it from the moors, so is rightfully ours.

you gave it back in 1297 though.

>EU
>Disputed borders

When I was in Basque country last summer, I literally went to Spain without noticing. Just walked down a bridge and poof, Spanish signs and prices.

Nonsense.

I meant to portugal, not to the moors.

Is all this Olivenza thing only an internet meme, or is it a serious question in Portugal? Do politicians talk about it?

>spics wave towels in the air when they see a Portuguese licence plate

i love this, this is perfect

it's only a meme, no one cares about some shitty village

Good to know.

My father refuses to buy me a Seat Ibiza because it's Spanish, other than that I've never seen any real rivalry that's not just friendly banter. The worst I can think of is that the whole family wants to see Spain fail hard during football tournaments.

I like Spain. Best bros ever.

I wish they could just wall of the Pyrannes to stop the niggers snd arabs coming from France.

the iberian peninsula should be an island 2bh

fuck off my country nigger

Terrible bait and trolling attempt, Ethan.

why does your country even exist?

but he's right tho

Because they are not Spaniards, we are awesome people.

YOU fuck off.

I've had 2 Belgian neighbors in the last 3 years.

At least their Portuguese is getting better.

No, there is not. Though Spain is a much better country, of course.

why so frustrated Piet, did your gf get MOOR'D?

Belgium is a really nice country tb.h, I'm even sad they'll probably play against each other during the Euro.

More like we know how to deal with arabs by now.

what exactly is a spaniard anyway? most of you are just castillians. we are hispanic and iberian, though.

I don't think there's a rivalry. When they give the weather forecast on TV I just look at Portugal and like to think that it's just another part of Spain where they drink sumo de pêssego con pedaços de uva, but that's all.

fucking traitor, all people like you should be exterminated.....

"MUH HERITAGE FAG" but he has never been in portugal

>"MUH HERITAGE FAG" but he has never been in portugal
[citation needed]

he's galician iirc

Terrible terrible.

Everyone knows Catalans are jews and Basques are aliens.

At least hit the areas right with the baits.

Those include Asturias, Galiza and Northern Portugal.

not the same person you're thinking of lad, I'm 100 % avec born in Luxembourg like half of the retarded diaspora

but he is not like us,

oh ok sorry

How can you recall something on an Anonymous forum? Has he ever told the Seat Ibiza thing or what?

Do you look like a native at least?

Or are you fucked with swarthy genes from the far South ?

>Murican
>Talking about who's white and who's not
>Inb4 the 'ill have you know im 23.55564% irish, 41.22465% german, 17.60986% polish, 8.80493% austrian, 8.80491% french, 0.00001% black' meme

no but usually the belgian guy in threads about spain and portugal is galician. i just had a hunch

Oh, thanks

I'm blue-eyed and have a ginger beard because my mom's side somehow is white as fuck for a Portuguese, but I still look kinda Mediterranean. You know, a bit of a darker complexion and a straight nose.

If you're here for some while you start recognizing people, I had the same thing when I went here every day until last year. I often talked with a half Hungarian half Portuguese lad in Belgium about the weird combination since I have a Hungarian gf, we even shared contacts since we had a fuckton in common.

Also the retarded memeposters killed Belgium and there aren't many with our flag left tbf

What happened with Belgium? I've been visiting this board for a couple of years but I only do it like a couple of times a week since I don't have that much free time.

>Captcha: select all the baguettes

>ginger Portuguese

BROTHER

we best friends doe

some retards tried to force a unfunny pic related meme between like October and I don't know, March? And soon people started proxyfagging to drag us down even further. It's not like it was already difficult enough to post on here while wearing a Belgian flag. Also there was a huge load of shitposting for some while, some Belgians were trying to stir up shit with the Australians during the whole Easter meme.

Same thing here m8, I was very active on Sup Forums for years until I started pretty much becoming a normie with social life and university. Sometimes it's sad, but Sup Forums is pretty much SFW Sup Forums nowadays anyway

100 % Celto-Gallaecian blood my friend, we white people will prevail :^)

both are shitholes

>I was very active on Sup Forums for years until I started pretty much becoming a normie with social life and university
That feel, I know. The year I started university and all my friends went to study to other cities I became a full robot and basically my life was a mix of shitposting, studying and talking only over social networks with people I hadn't seen in months. Then some shit happened and since things are getting better I don't have the time to be here 24/7.

That's fucked up m8. Do you think there's some kind of abusive attitude towards Belgian shitposters?

Not at all.

but niggers and arabs come from Iberia

Sure thing, Muhammad Dubois.

sure

They should be part of the iberian nation but everyone knows castilians can't be trusted to govern it properly from Madrid :(

Yeah right.

t. Pau Gómez Blanco

pau is such a funny name. it means "stick" in portuguese

Presunto means alleged in Spanish, so when there's a packet of jamón that says presunto / jamón it reads like 'this is allegedly jamón' in Spanish

Hahaha this is true.

Kek.

We have the best wordplay.

A friend of mine was dating a Spanish dude couple of years ago. She was not very talkative. One time he took her to a party in Spain to meet his friends. I went too.

We mostly spoke the same language to each other. And then it happened. One of his friends asked

>No hablas mucho no ?

Which she replied

>Nem por isso, estou embaraçada

In Portugal embaraçada= embarassed.

But in Spain it means pregnant.
His friends freaked the fuck out and started congratulating him and the dude was almost like a ghost in panic.