Tablet to read pdf's

Hey Sup Forums, I need a tablet to read pdf's because I'm tired of trying to deal with that shit on a kindle, and I can't stand reading on my computer for long periods of time. I'm going for something rather cheap, between $100 and $200, no more than that hopefully. What's a good tablet for that? What screen size should I go for?

ipad or gtfo

> What's a good tablet for that?
Any tablet can display PDF. Choose something with a high DPI.

Speaking of tablets, my Galaxy Tab 4 has developed one of those newton rings. Probably going to try the freezer trick to fix it because I can't be arsed to ship it all the way to NJ just to have the screen replaced.

This.

7-8 inch is the most comfortable to hold. Get something with 1920x1080 as you will be reading for long periods of time on it, and you want that higher DPI.

I'm in Germany, and I can't seem to find a 7-8 inch tablet with res higher than 1280 x 800. Any suggestions?

The latest Nexus 7? iPad mini 2 or later? Samsung Tabs? Any chink shit from Aliexpress?

>Any chink shit from Aliexpress?

are any of those trustworthy? I just want it to read pdf's, nothing more.

> trustworthy
> I just want it to read pdf's
I don't understand you.
Just pick something with IPS, at least 1GB of RAM, maybe microSD slot and 1080p.

trustworthy in the sense that it won't be a steaming piece of shit that doesn't even work. I've heard bad things about chinkshit.

I bought a cheap Windows tablet from gearbest for 90 USD. Intel Atom Z8600 (I think) 2GB RAM, 1280x800 IPS display, anything else I didn't care about. The advantage of Windows is that I can update or even reinstall it as opposed to any Android tablet.

It was a good deal. Ideal for PDFs.

chinks have certain reputable brands such as teclast, xiaomi, chuwi, cube
I'm planning to get a $60 teclast for reading as well

Buy one with a weak or moderately powerful processor but a massive battery is a must

Nexus 7 2013 has great custom ROM support (for updates and shit) and a nice 1920x1200 screen. I use it for textbooks and thoroughly recommend it for that and only that because battery life is not that great.

Look up he Nvidia shield k1.
It's basically the Moto G of tablets.

You can easily find it for less than 200, as it's not super-new, and the hardware is pretty good since it's made for gaming.

I don't own one, and I'm basing my opinion on stuff I've read online, so research it properly first, if you want to buy it.

>such as teclast, xiaomi, chuwi, cube

yeah, those look nice. The only problem is I'm in germany and the shipping says it can take between 15-45 days. That's a loooong waiting time.

>, 1280x800 IPS display

is this alright for reading on?

Anything with a good screen res and have plenty of storage.

I do own one, and it is the shit.

For reading PDFs it certainly has a nice screen. - there are higher-res tablets out there, but the brightness and colour temperature are very good.

>it is the shit.
Is this slang for "the best"?

indeed

Ah, thank you.
It does seem to be for the price range.

4:3 resolution that is closes to 13 inch (or 13dotsomething I don't recall) will give you the optimal result for pdf. It would be an exact replica of the physical copy, no need to zoom in/out.
Problem is there is not that many 4:3 tablets, so with other resolutions you would either have to scroll down or have blank edges. Sadly the only 4:3 that is close to 13 inch is ipad pro, with 12dotsomething.

I have been searching an alternative for it for about year, couldn't find it. I really long for a +12 inch with 4:3 res that is not somewhat related to the shit that is itunes

Xiaomi Mi Pad is awesome and cheap.

>the hardware is pretty good since it's made for gaming.

Performance-wise it's still one of the best android tablet. (only beaten by Pixel "expensive" C for off screen performance)

I own one and it's the spiritual successor to the Nexus 7 but with a micro-SD slot. (My previous tablet was a Nexus 7 2013)