Should I?

Should I?

what the fuck? i pay about that for 12/6

i pay more for 11/0.8

where do you live, the cratered husk that used to be yugoslavia?

Where? I'm guessing kansas

ausfailia

I pay that for 100/40

Try 4.5/0.4. Rural exchange, ADSL1 only.

me too!

Philadelphia

that's about what i got when i first got broadband in 2006, though that was with a 4G cap, dropped to 64k/64k otherwise
at least my current connection has no cap

Yeah it's uncapped at least. They was word of an FttH rollout but I'm pretty sure it's never going to happen.

I have it at home if you've got any questions. I'm at work right now but here's a speedtest from my phone using my home WiFi (and included G1100 router)

Also, it lowered my bill from $155 a month for 150/150mbps with TV and phone to $94.99 a month with 1gbps + TV and phone.

It lowered my bill by $50 and increased download and upload by 650%

wow that's a steal. Will look into this.

Yea and none of the bullshit 12 months of promotional pricing then it goes up to like $180. It's full 12 months of $94.99 then 12 more months of $104.99.

So your entire contract period is low price.

If it actually gets above 500-600mbps I'd pay twice that.
Most European gigabit service from my experience rarely gets over 600mbps because of peering or congestion on the node.

For true gigabit though that's a great price if it's legit.

This if it's legit gigabit, worth the price.

No

I like it.
It's real gigabit.

>b-b-ut real servers will never provide those speeds

uh Steam is P2P

no its not

No it isn't. If it were there would be options in the settings to adjust your upload speed (think about people with metered internet connections, if steam could just upload as much as they wanted from you, you'd hit your monthly data cap soooo easily)

So no, steam is not P2P and never has been as far as I am aware.

I have 1gps up/down available here in Bulgaria for $60 so that seems pretty good for the US price-wise. I don't really need all that and instead i got 200mbps + 210 tv channels for $30. Planning to get another 200mbps from another provider in my area for loadbalancing/redundancy. Don't think I really need it but it's pretty cheap so why not

I'm surprised Verizon does it for $70. They will probably keep it at 70 for a year then jew it up to 150.

Nope, this isn't directly comparable as I have gigabit + TV and phone not the standalone gigabit service. But it's $94.99 with one $5 discount expiring in 12 months, then another $5 discount expires 12 months later.

Then I have 4 more discounts that are good for another year beyond that.

My contract is only 24 months long. So I can renegotiate, or leave and go with someone else if they decided to raise the price for whatever reason in 2-3 years.

would your isp be suspicious if you got a 1gbps line?
Seems like it would be a red flag.

No, in fact for new customers they're now only offering 2 options, 50mb/s or 1000mb/s

I have google fiber, they don't really throttle torrent downloads.

I'm sure they have more stringent virus protections to make sure you're not blasting the entire internet with wannacry though.

How is google fiber on steam downloads? I have a friend with them and he thinks they throttle steam because he never gets over 200-300mbps but i can get 800mbps+ all day.

$50 for 27.5/24.4 with my internet. Why pay $20 more per month?

Fuck you.

>Should I
If they actually give it to you, why not? Verizon rolling this shit out has been a complete clusterfuck.

What's it like for torrenting? That's obviously one of the best reasons to get a connection like that so I feel like they'll be very stringent about it.

They don't. Your disk has to keep up with it though. It doesn't cache in RAM much. So an SSD will be a lot better than a disk.

Google fiber no complaints. It takes a while for it to get to full speed, but that's a protocol thing, not a isp thing.

I've gotten 108MB/s tops, I should have said more. With an SSD.

Highest I've gotten w/ disk is about 46MB/s.

>Verizon rolling this shit out has been a complete clusterfuck.
Has it been? I've had it since april 28th without issue. I called in, said I wanted it. The next morning I woke up and did a speed test and got 920mbps down and 910mbps up
It's good for torrenting, some people online seem to think it's throttled to 400-500mbps, but I can't find any evidence of it, more than likely they just dont have enough seeders or their disk can't keep up or similar.

And even if it was being throttled at 400-500mbps, that's still way faster than 99% of other ISPs in the US.

How much do you pay per month for Google Internet?

$50 for just internet. $120 with tv. Really fuckin dumb to pay for the TV but that's what the lady wants.

>muh cnn
>mom pls no

KEK

Here is a random game downloaded to my 5TB HDD.

Didn't have enough time to ramp up to full speeds, but my HDD didn't have any problems getting up to around 500+mbps at least.

When I said MB/s, I mean MB/s, not mbps.

600mbps = (600/8)MB/s = 75MB/s. Sound like a normal drive write speed to me. You can probably squeeze out a bit better.

My 45MB/s write HDD I was talking about tops out at like 55MB/s. It's old but it hasn't failed me -- yet.

With a larger game download i'm sure it would've topped out higher.

Doesn't really matter if I use SSD or HDD though, both are fine for 125MB/s

In that case, it could be my network interface. I have a asus mobo and amd cpu. Intel PRO card should be able to get the full 128MB/s no problem.

>Has it been?
Some people were being charged 200 dollars. Others were charged the correct price.

>These services are not available in your area.

Yeah but it was fixed in like 2 weeks before their bill actually went through, at least from everything i read online about it.

>tfw Frontier FiOS because Verizon sold you to Frontier

feelsbad

But how much is it after the first 2-6 months?
They tried this shit on me a few months ago for 500/500.It was 79.99 for the first 2 months then it bumped up to 149.99

see

Man I want something like this so bad

you and everyone else not in a major coastal metro area. And even then, some of them get fucked.

>tfw living in Australia & we won't see ISP's offering 1gb/1gb speed plans as our Government fucked us over with our NBN rollout.

What's even more sucky for you is your NBN plan previously was essentially a copy of what Verizon FiOS has done in the US.

That was the FTTH plan, now that it's FTTN however they've fucked you guys over for at least another decade, probably two.

Meanwhile, I have just upgraded to 10 mbps and thinking how cool it is now.

LOL.

You fucking deserve it you piece of shit.

you don't know me
i'm not even australian

>implying a major player like Verizon is going to fuck around with consumers in this delicate net-neutrality debacle time

lol what the fuck

>implying they haven't given a shit about laws before

you lucky bitch I have 60 down and 5 up for that price

I pay 100 bucks for 50/6

yup, here's what my own accounts looks like, it would cost me money to "upgrade" to 50/50 mbps

why do you want a gig connection?

pay less money for 100m or something unless you just really are hard up for the speed.

see
They're moving to 50/50 or 1000/1000

for a family of more than 1-2 people, 50/50 might not cut it.

wtf

>tfw Canada has shitty internet unless you're in French-shit land on the east coast
>tfw barely get 60mbps for $80/mo