I'm glad I don't have to hear accents when reading posts cause that would really piss me the fuck off if I had to hear...

I'm glad I don't have to hear accents when reading posts cause that would really piss me the fuck off if I had to hear americans.

The same to you

What about a Dublin accent?

yeah it would be too bad if all Australian posts were inaudible

Americans don't have accents since American English is the lingua franca. Everybody is imitating our voices so they're the ones with the accent

>I'm glad I don't have to hear accents when reading posts cause that would really piss me the fuck off if I had to hear americans.

How did the american accent come to be anyway? Weren't the original Americans English?

It occurs the same way all differences in dialect occur, isolated groups develop distinct words and pronunciations that eventually stick between them. The accent in Oregon is different from the east coast accent, even though they were all originally from the east coast.

Its weird how you yanks talk slow while every other Anglo nation talks fast, except Canadians.

This is a good thread that adds to the quality of the board

French accent?

What about it?

Actual words per minute doesn't really vary between different dialects of English. The perception that some dialects are faster than others is predicated on different speech patterns and pronunciations. Because the English accent drops end consonants and enunciates primary sylables in words in has a rhythm which sounds quicker than dialects of English which do not do the same.

BrisBANE is such a lovely city

Thanks for informing me, mate.

Next time don't be such an ignorant retard

Bit rude ya cheeky cunt

thanks, I'm a linguistics major and the stuff fascinates me

waaaaahhhh that wasn't me

I had a feeling it wasn't.

What's the madder dude?

that frog looks $ick