Sierra. And I have never touched a mac.

Install gentoo

windows vista

win 7

sierra, at least that makes you think you have a good OS

>Which operating system is better ?
Linux.

Fucking pasta me Richard.

How about Mavericks vs Sierra? Not sure I want the upgrade or not on a Mid-2014 MBP.

Between the two I'd say Sierra.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Mac OS - for the simple reason it shares many shells as other UNIX-clones do.

Only one of these currently supports desktop GPUs.

I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux operating system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.

you tell me........
twitter.com/m8urnett/status/866353982217699328

Literally anything is better than windows 10

Windows 10 has Minecraft windows edition. This should answer your question.

I hate Apple but macOS is just better

not true, there are hundreds of videos of people running 1080's and various desktop cards on the macbook pro through an eGPU. the performance is better on windows for sure, but it's possible on macOS

Windows 7 > Sierra > Win 10

this is the official list.

You all are smoking crack... Sierra better than Windows 10? In what fucking world of uselessness do you belong?

Windows 10, supports everything and is more stable too.

windows 7

Windows is like that grimy crusty shit that accumulates in a neckbeard's gaming mouse

windows can do exactly two tasks better than macOS:

1. Gaming

2. NET development

that is it. beyond that, there really should be no reason to use it over linux, macOS or any other *NIX if you're serious about computer science.

What is this shit doing on Sup Forums? This board is for people who are able to install and use Gentoo on a daily basis. This thread is supposed to be a on a normie forum or /sqt/.

Can Sierra merge folders yet?

What the fuck is the point of having a 1080 if your OS doesn't support a single modern graphics API? That's like buying a 4k monitor to run TempleOS.

ditto -V ~/path/to/source/folder ~/path/to/destination/folder

done

MacOS has Metal now, which has promising performance but basically zero support. I wish they would adopt Vulkan but I understand them not wanting to be beholden to the Vulkan Consortium and develop their own API, like microsoft.

It can do about everything better than OS X. Apps are more advanced and not dumbed down. GUI is better, workflow is better, more stable, better hardware support, faster and far better network stack.

You should. There's no better way to appreciate how non-retarded Windows 10 is in comparison

Science? For 95% of the world, the computer is just a tool and no science is performed.
Windows is just the best tool for most people.

>has never used macOS

Sous

Snap those windows, will ya?

Not him, but I have used El Capitan and I'm with him. OSX is retardation in OS form.

I'm using it right now.

lmao

Looooonix

Please let me be the first post.

w10s

Sierra for the looks, Windows 10 for the convenience.

mac of course

Win 10.
MacOS is just linux compatibility with Windows anal rape.
I just don't see the point. It's literally worst of both worlds.

I'd go with Windows over Mac anyday.

Ever since I installed Linux though, using Windows has been painful

Mac, it's just a more refined Linux

kek
if you actually think that you should kys nao

Which turd is tastier ?

It's a case of knowing something not of thinking.
Once you become old enough to leave high school, you will - for your own sake - hopefully understand the difference.

Sierra unless you partake in the interactive Jew.

I vomited when I read about Windows 10 S

absolutely disgusting

they're both fucking shit

I'm not a macfag but win 10 is shit.

The only reason I'd ever use Windows 10 is for Halo Forge. That's the only reason. I'd never use a Mac though, fuck that shit.

Sierra, it's much more convenient.

Not that anyone who hasn't tried it for more than an hour would appreciate it. You gotta put the buttons in the right places for the ducklings.

The fucking arrogance. Typical
I've tried it for about a year. Hate it more now than in the beginning.
OSX is shit and its users are usually assholes like you

Windows 7

I didn't know this. That's fucking retarded.

hold alt while dragging and the dialogue will show a 'merge' option.
jeez Sup Forums did even half of you anti-macos faggots try it before complaining?

>hold an arbitrary combination of cmd, alt, option, fn and shift keys while performing an action to get the expected behavior
>geez guise, it's so intuitive

>alt
>on macs

I DB both, and Sierra is just an enjoyable experience the entire way through. They need to get rid of launchpad though. Finder is fucking beautiful though. I think the only real problem I have is that safari is still a fucking bitch in regards to webms which makes it a no-go. xcode is also comfy as hell desu

side note: Honestly don't even know how anyone lives without alfred. I've tried a bunch of supposedly windows counter parts but they don't actually understand what makes alfred goat.

windows 10 over sierra but debian over windows

fucking sickening that shit.

Gentoo all fucking day

>windows 10 over anything
see

Fuck off Kevn

>Which operating system is better?
For what?

ignoring spying its a better system. thats why i use 8 anyway and stick with my debian install for most stuff

macOS. Its the best personal use operating system. When obviously on a Mac, its not hard to see why Apple has the premium market entirely to itself. I wonder when other manufacturers start realizing that nobody wants to spend $1,500 on a laptop, no matter how nice and well built, in the end to run Windows. The only thing that matters is the OS and how it plays with hardware.

Until manufacturers start shipping their machines with their own customized Linux distros, basically and literally what Apple did with existing FOSS elements like XNU, Darwin etc, then Apple will continue to have no competition. Seriously, why the fuck not? They're starting to charge close to Apple yet they're only proving half the package. Apple is a 50/50 software/hardware company, maintain and developing all their operating systems for all their devices isn't cheap. When you break things down by actual value, past the raw hardware, accounting everything, Apple's competitors are overpriced as fuck.

Sierra. And I have never touched Windows 10.

if thats the only thing that matters then linux is clearly superior. what i think you mean however is commoners only care about the trackpad and a coat of paint (gui).

Windows XP

Consider resale value; last week I was able to sell my MacBook Air 6,1 for $850, only about $150 less than what I bought it for two years ago.

Am I supposed to be impressed, cunt?

MacOS no doubt.
Win10 is a cheap bootleg.

MacOS, la

>linux
>on a laptop

>macOS
+UNIX
+package manager
+gont rendering
+hidpi support
-gay
-retarded DE
--------very limited hardware support

>Win10
+Group policies
+SMB shares
+Gaymes
+Good IDEs
-A fucking mess
-NTFS
-lack of privacy
-fucked up structure
-decent hardware support
----no integrated package manager
-inconsistent DE

macOS and it's not even close

There's literally nothing worse than W10.

macOS hand down beats windows, more stable and secure, its UNIX under the hood so there is no disscusion about this

Why is decent hardware support a con?

>no integrated package manager
>what is the Windows Store

>what i think you mean however is commoners only care about the trackpad and a coat of paint (gui).

No that isn't what I meant. What I meant is that Windows is an unrefined clusterfuck and always will be, continuing to get worse after peaking at Windows 7 which even then, was no contest for something like Snow Leopard which is still much better to use than any immediate Linux distro or Windows 10.

Linux is extremely malleable, its wonderful if you have the time and knowledge to tune it, on a deep level. Companies can, if they weren't so tight with cash, make a tailored Linux distro for a machine and have it ready in under a month leaving barely any bugs. Imagine in-built software updates, the company as the repository. A much better way of pushing updates. No Windwoes flaws, no fucking garbage.

Instead, companies continue charging $1,500 for essentially a bill of materials which required very little R&D to put together while providing nothing in terms of software, just a generic slapped on Windows installation and basic drivers.

>--------very limited hardware support
>assessing macOS as an OS intended to be installed on any machine

Why do you people do this?

It's still a con
A joke
my mistake

>OS made for the sole purpose of running on the company's own hardware
>hur my hackentosh dont werk its a con

Are you retarded?

>OS made for the sole purpose of running on the company's own hardware
How is that not a con, Apple hardware are usually overly expensive pieces of shit

>company develop their own OS for their own hardware
>somehow a con
>Apple hardware are usually overly expensive
>said in the same breath as acknowledging that said hardware comes WITH the company's very own software (not free to develop and maintain, costs money), so the hardware isn't overly expensive because you get more than hardware in the total package

How do people as dumb as you even operate a computer?

i use macos at work and the only thing what it does better than windows is after login you can use instantly the desktop while in windows you have to wait some seconds for startup programs.

disregard this, I suck dicks

Gentoo

MacOS would be the best desktop os in the world if tim cook actually realized that it still exists

linux>macos>windzmoasnwegju

anything that isnt windows.
but osx

>Using an OS from 2001.

Are you enjoying being raped by every major vulnerability out there without even knowing it ?

but they're both so shit

They are both equally propietary and equally terrible.