Zuckerberg will use Facebook to change how people think

>Chastened by the negative effects of social media, Mark Zuckerberg says he will tweak his service and upgrade society in the process. Should any company be that powerful?

How the fuck is this allowed? This is straight out of a James Bond movie. This is how dictatorships happen.

technologyreview.com/s/604082/we-need-more-alternatives-to-facebook/

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/21/facebook-will-not-delete-videos-violent-death-abortion-self/
theguardian.com/news/2017/may/21/revealed-facebook-internal-rulebook-sex-terrorism-violence
archive.fo/Q3As0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hey there's always GNUSocial.

lmao

>This is how dictatorships happen
Says the advocate for an actual dictatorship, nervously.

Physical removal is not the same thing as a dictatorship faggot.

>This is straight out of a James Bond movie
No, it's from 1984 mixed with Brave New World

This is his company and he may use it as he see fit, if you don't like it don't use it

stallman was right again

Is it
>da joos
again?

NO ONE MAN
SHOULD HAVE
THAT POWAH

I mean it was inevitable that zuckerberg would start thinking like this after all of the post election and fake news hysteria. When you have so much of the mainstream
tech media and just the mainstream media in general frothing at the mouth about how you're not doing enough to deal with fake news and shit, then how did you think
he was going to act.

zuckerberg probably now thinks its his duty to save the world or some shit.

>Facebook
That's basically only for old people these days. Try Twitter and Instagram.

Everybody and their mother (both literally and figuratively) in my fucking country uses facebook though
Also
>Instagram
>Facebook's Facebook For Photos

This has been happening for 8+ years now

if you didn't delete Facebook by 2012 you're not very perceptive / moral... it is a great evil upon humanity, and needs to be destroyed

this

years back facebook already conducted studies on groups of, it think unknowing user, in which they showed only negative or positive posts and how it effected their mood

>Should any company be that powerful?
>How the fuck is this allowed?
It's a company, not a government entity. Just stop using it. Nobody's forcing you to log in or even keep your account.

name a more evil tech CEO than zuckerberg, Sup Forums.

This.

Did Bond ever have a nemesis that was a colossal faggot?

Skyfall Brazilian monkey.

This guy

Facebook censorship guidelines leaked.

telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/21/facebook-will-not-delete-videos-violent-death-abortion-self/

theguardian.com/news/2017/may/21/revealed-facebook-internal-rulebook-sex-terrorism-violence

damn.. he's neck & neck with Zuck. both Google and FB scare the shit out of me. evil to the bone.

You know it.
We need to get rid of assbackwards concepts like race purity, faithful relationships and the scientific method in order to become a better society.

Oy vey delet

So the usual life cycle for social networks was they start slow, people realize the new social media is better than what they're using, everyone moves over, enjoys success for a while and eventually the cycle repeats.
But now Facebook and Google are buying everything that looks even remotely threatening like Whatsapp.
Is Facebook ever going to die or is it literally too big to fail? they can convince literally anyone to sell any idea for billions of dollars if necessary.

This is disgusting. Just goes to show you how anti-semitic most anti-Trump liberals are.

That is what coca-cola do.

The report system in facebook is so fucking assbackwards it really makes me sad.
I've reported two users.
One was a pimp looking for prostitutes in a buy/sell/trade group. He shamelessly posted he was searching for "open minded" good looking girls willing to work a couple hours a day and earn a few hundred bucks.
> Hello mike, we have reviewed your report and decided that it's not against our code of conduct
Get fucked.
The other one was an account tagging random people and calling them fags, cunts, bitches and claiming women cheat on their husbands with x or y. Got the same reply.
At this point I just use facebook to like the dog pics my mum tags me in and talk with my normie gf. It's a fucking cesspool of dumb shit

Facebook will never die as long as the US federal government needs data from it.

Not sure if you guys know but FB was caught conducting secret psychological experiments on its users:

>Facebook’s second most powerful executive, Sheryl Sandberg, has apologised for the conduct of secret psychological tests on nearly 700,000 users in 2012, which prompted outrage from users and experts alike.

>The experiment, revealed by a scientific paper published in the March issue of Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences, hid "a small percentage" of emotional words from peoples' news feeds, without their knowledge, to test what effect that had on the statuses or "likes" that they then posted or reacted to.

Just imagine... they can target people based on what they think and can make them either sad or happy. They could basically target anti-LGBT people or pro-Trump people and make them suicidal.
archive.fo/Q3As0

you're forgetting one part. each new social network would become larger than the ones before it because more and more people would gain access to the internet.

most people haven't even heard of xanga or livejournal. most people had a myspace, and everyone has a facebook, including pets and grandparents. facebook isn't going anywhere short of hostile, potentially violent, takeover.

>Fuckbook
lmao, only turds use shitty centralised non-free meme services

>They could basically target anti-LGBT people or pro-Trump people and make them suicidal.
How is this morally wrong?

> berg
Every fucking time.

kys. you're already suicidal for being degenerate.

They won't make lgbt and anti-trump suicidal, that's how