youtube.com/watch?v=AWZvwhwT1Sk
youtube.com/watch?v=W9gsu_YWUzE
youtube.com/watch?v=EQ8I6FcvkT0
youtube.com/watch?v=O-UZux-199k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

WR in tux racer when?

Linux is also PC you fag

The following pasta is relevant to the thread:

The no games argument is not true anymore. Windows is the best os for gaming mostly due to most game developers are trained into developing for it with microsoft's closed APIs, so the simple process of porting a game that was developed for windows to any other platform will affect negatively the performance of the game. This with the fact that the marketshare is small compared to windows there's hardly an incentive at the moment to optimize for linux, making look as if the platform were worse for games than windows when in fact to flip the situation you'll need to change the idiosyncrasies on the industry itself.

The fact though is that the situation on linux is not nearly the same than two years ago and now those who prefer linux over windows now can play games on it, helping to break the vicious circle, but still there's a lot of things to do for linux to compete in the gaming side. I anyone wants for this to change i recommend to play the games you can on linux when possible and ask for linux ports.

I notice some people doesn't want's for this to happen but if that the case let me ask (not directed specifically to the person i'm replying): how are any of you benefited in a meaningful way with the current situation? because i consider that keeping the statu quo just to have a tool to win an argument on what OS is better is not a meaningful thing. how having less options and practically being locked to MS products benefits you?

Some links:
steamdb.info/linux/
store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=998&os=linux
youtube.com/watch?v=yXr8bqzf45Y
youtube.com/user/tuxreviews/videos
youtube.com/user/airspeedmph
youtube.com/user/Jakejw93/videos
youtube.com/user/mrdeathjr28/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=AWZvwhwT1Sk
youtube.com/watch?v=W9gsu_YWUzE

This game is absolute god-tier.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Your shitty """"""sarcasm"""""""" is pathethic, pajeetcuck, as Linux gaming backed by most influential AAA gaming company

>pajeetcuck
>I'm a retarded meme-spouting sperglord with no original or valuable thoughts.

>I'm a retarded meme-spouting sperglord with no original or valuable thoughts
yes, you definetly are, my self-loathing friend

Damn, you can run 10 fucking games on linux??! That's fucking insane dude!

the 10 games that ever matter

>800x600
>2017
KYS
EAT UR FATHER CUM
EAT UR MOMMA SHIT

You got it wrong dude.

are you ok user? you can talk to me, im here for you

Not shown is all the endless tweaking and editing just to make sure the start menu even loads ;^)

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as PC, is in fact, PC/Windows botnet, or as I've recently taken to calling it, PC plus botnet. PC is not an operating system, but rather any personal computing device used to run commercial software such as a browser or word processor is a PC as defined by Webster dictionary.

Many computer users use a PC every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, only PCs running windows are often called a "PC", and many users are not aware that a PC running MacOS or Linux is still a PC.

Quality thread everyone.

isn't that game from 2004 or so?

You are at least 10 years behind

the one i played ran poorly on my machine, didn't get new hardware until 2006, by then i'd forgotten about it

Eh, I wouldn't bother. Nitpicking and gamer "elitism" is a sign of virginity. Just play the game you can pass time with. (Unless all you do is playing video games)

People back in 2015 thought Shadow of Mordor was a cool "AAA" game and their claim is not magically false two years down the road.

Linux is a kernel. A bare kernel can't run games.

true

youtube.com/watch?v=EQ8I6FcvkT0

>Only 1/4 of the whole Steam library
topkek

>Linux gaming backed by most influential AAA gaming company
[citation needed]

Not him, I only fall back to playing video games whenever I get too bored with programming, and I only play one game at a time. Why do you need 3000 games simultaneously? Haven't you got better things to do?

maybe fucking you valve?

>all these butthurt linuxfags acting like they are the preferred choice OS of AAA game developers >they have to literally hack their games and run them on Windows emulators to brag about being able to play it

>PC gamers don't hack their game
Shoo shoo Sup Forumsirgin

>>PC gamers don't hack their game

>AAA gaming company
>hat fortress
>L4dead
> HL3 (hahahahaha)
Yeah... AAA gaming right there, some impressive graphics and immersive stories in those titles.

>You want to play specific game but don't know compatability
>There's is a 3 in 4 chance that the game you want to play is not compatible
Good luck

This game is awesome user

>Good luck
Thanks, but that's not required. I already have a game or two in line after this one to kill time ;)

Games you can download RIGHT NOW on linux from the repositories:

Real time strategy: 0 A. D., OpenDungeons, OpenRA, Seven Kingdoms
Turn based strategy: UFO AI, Freeciv, FreeOrion, The Battle for Wesnoth.
Space flight simulators: FreeSpace, Oolite, Vega Strike
FPS: Xonotic, Urban Terror, World of Padman
Roguelikes (sysadmins hobby): Cataclysm Dark Days Ahead, Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, GearHead, NetHack

FreedroidRPG, fucking amazing soundtrack youtube.com/watch?v=O-UZux-199k

Also come at /t/

>muh memes
>muh dank memes! XDD
kid pls

can i play phantasy star online 2 on it though