My """""country""""" is only 155 years old

>my """""country""""" is only 155 years old
>there's no unified culture or national identity. It varies wildly from region to region and everyone hates each other
>stronger economical and developmental differences than anywhere else in Europe
>random dialects and even separate languages all over the place
>high number of autonomous regions
>separatist movements with significant support from the population
>somehow people still stereotype and generalize all Italians constantly despite all of this
>mfw

Can't make this shit up.

Is Italy the most artificial country in the world?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etruscan_civilization
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

tl;dr

MY-A COUNTRY IS-A ONLY A-HUNDREN AN'-A FIFTY-FIVE-A YEARS OLD-A
MAMMA MIA

Leaning tower of pizza hut

Spain has it worse with separatist movements

more artificial than Germany? doubt that.

Hello?

terroni

this. also nice trips.

>different language
Explain

I don't think there's any country in Europe that's as varied as this.

If Italy is artificial Kosovo what is it, an hologram?

you should check out the iberian peninsula

What is Belgium?

Aren't that just dialects?

are those real langs with grammar and shit or just different accents?

>What is Belgium?
He meant real states.

"Lingua" = "language". The dialects are what's included in them.

Sardinian and Sicilian are a lnaguage.

>accents
>polish "Intellectuals"

It's a serbian delusion

You could also break down french, german or spanish regional dialects that way.

Spain and France have regional languages that are also not romance, and even not indo-european.

So somebody from Rome cannot understand somebody from Venetia ?
Or are that different "languages" like Bosnian, Croatian and Serbian ?

>live in the most economically developed south european country
>complain

It's not that bad. However your PM is a punchable son of a bitch btw.

>north conquered the south
>north bitches the south doesn't work
lol why are northeners always so butthurt

Sardinian is definitely a different language. I can't understand shit of what they say.

big regionalism makes enrich the Italian culture

everyone speakes genovese now. like how everybody speaks german now, instead of high german and whatnot. but they do have different accents from the original languages, plus most old people still speak the original languages

This.

But in English.

Reminder that """""Italy""""" is a geographical expression and is therefore a non-country.

They were languages prior to the unification, then became "dialects" for political reasons.
Anyway northern dialects are quite similar, same for central and southern.

They all speak Italian but their original langauges (which are mostly spoken just by old people who know Italian aswell) are different
You mean when we speak Sardinian?

Most people here speak Italian but only a few know Sardinian well

Goddamn Britain you're so bad at shitposting.

Go back to being warring city states like in 16th century.

Sardinian has over 1 million speakers. Maybe it's less common for young people to speak it, but old fucks are the overwhelming majority of your autonomous little island.

finally an Italian acknowledges this
the north has multiple languages, the northwest speaks Gallo-Romance languages, which are closer to French, Venice has a completely isolated language in the Western Romance group and Sardinian likely isolated in the entire Romance group
you could also consider Sicilian a language, although I'd more likely consider it a part of Italian as a macrolanguage

reminder italy started as the kingdom of sardinia
reminder sardinian sounds better than fucking genovese

Where does Italian come from then ?

maybe we should form a club?

genova

it's based on dialects from tuscany.

oh wait shit it's actually from tuscany. it's tuscan

italy is only 155 years old?

is this true? am I really this ignorant of that region of europe or is this just a meme?

Just a question Niko, why do people from balkans constantly bash at each other? Also, why do you hate us so much?

Italian unification happened in 1861. Before that, the peninsula looked like this.

That's really interesting, I might have to do some reading on that sometime.

How did it become the most relevant one ? Are the others dying out, like we are slowly transforming into Niggers and Turks ?

Reminder that the Padania thing exists only because in the 90s the government stopped creating debt in Southern Italy and started using Northerners tax money instead. Culturally it's just a meme.

I think Russia destroys Italy in economic, geographic, cultural, and linguistic diversity.
All countries are artificial m8

sometimes i forget how homogeneous poland is

Would the North be more powerful/rich without the Central and the South ?

more books were written in tuscany during the renaissance, so it became the "cultural" language. when it came to unification they chose tuscan for that reason. most people with studies were already learning it anyway

Because Tuscans are the master race of the peninsula.

except portugal.

>muh country has different states with different cultures so we are not a country

lmaoing at your life, OP

the search for a unified "italian" language started in the late XIII century with Dante Alighieri from Florence. Then after the unification of Italy the tuscan was chosen as the official language

because Balkan countries are still affected by 19th century style nationalism that prevented them to became economically and politically developed like Italy and western Europe.

Obviously, but the center is not that different from the north in those terms.

>Niko
close enough, my actual name is Nikola
>why do people from balkans constantly bash at each other?
due to the tension and wars that just built up over time
>Also, why do you hate us so much?
we actually don't
most people here like Italy and Italian, saying it's beautiful and that sort of shit
most people don't know that much about it except reneissance and Mussolini
however, Slovenes likely hate you because of Trieste, there used to be a slogan like "We'll give our lives, but we won't give Trieste"

Do you actually believe that the south stopped making debts and that the tax theft started in the 90s? You're fucking delusional.
The reason Padania popped up in the 90s was simply due to Bossi cribbing Miglio's ideas as a mean to solidify the alliance between the parties Liga Veneta and Lega Lombarda.

Politically speaking yes. The kingdom of Piemonte reunited it in 3 wars of "independence" and WW1 got us Trentino Alto-Adige and parts of Friuli Venezia Giulia. Rome became capital in 1870 after the "breccia di porta pia".

Most of this is due to intellectuals' decisions in school programms. The headline was Dante's Vulgar and from there other intellectuals added up. Manzoni has been one of the theorists of modern italian, in fact he took inspiration from (high class) tuscanians more than anything else. Despite this, over time dialectal influence has given rise to local changes or nationalisation of certain words. "Minchia", for example used to be said just by sicilians, but now it is used universally.

Are the memes about the looks true ?
Are the people in the north more Germanic/slavic/Celtic looking ?

Like it or not etruscans were the very first real civilization of europe(the greeks civilitazion wasn't even a thing yet), and they were shitskins from anatolia.

they look like french people. you never been to france?

and take a look here

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etruscan_civilization

Man, you literally live a train trip away. How can you not know this shit?

Do Bavarians look different from the rest of the Germans?

Now I see why slovenians are so rude with us.
What's the deal with your people and albanians? How did it start? Btw thanks foe the answer, I hope the situation there is improving now.

do you ever get out of home? Also you're ignorant about the national identity shit

Rich yes, powerful not really. It would be Benelux tier or thereabout, whereas the peninsula would be Portugal tier.

>anyone believe in the """""Italian naitonal identity""""" besides irrelevant terroni

LMAOOOOO

Again showing your ignorance, the South alone would be Portugal tier, the Center+South would be much better

Vorrei farti notare che gli egizi, sumeri e compagnia bella erano molto più avanzati di noi, ed erano arabi. Gli andava bene perché i terreni (a quei tempi) fertili gli assicuravano sostegno, permettendogli di dedicarsi a cose più avanzate.

tl;dr shitskins had enough food at that time to think about more advanced things.

Nah but I asked for the memes , so is there a significant difference

I was in Rome once but not in whole Italy

kosovo is filled with albanians

BUT-A AT LEAST-A WE HAVE A THE SPICY MEATBALL-A

How would the center pay for the south without the north? The center alone would be better, but with the south you'd be Portugal tier. Also again what, I've made ttwo posts and this is the first answer I get.

They weren't ar*bs you Moroccan subhuman.

It simply won't

>arabi
Vacca eva, tanto vale dire che gli antichi romani erano slavi, siamo là come precisione.

>Dat Ladino and Catalan.
Also lol Albanians.

Then you'll have half the country third world tier, bringing your nationwide average down to Portugal or even worse.

See here They're better than Portugal

è vero, avrei dovuto dire medio-orientali.

Who isn't

And there are people who think a United States of Europe is feasible.

I copti son quelli più vicini all'antico egizio, e son una minoranza.

Are you 12? because you sound pretty naif

Of course in the south of Italy people have darker hair and skin, while in the north you will find many pale skinned.
This is just in general though, because for example Sicily by the 11th century was under the Normans rule, who were basically vikings, so you will find a lot of blondes in Sicily.

On the other side you will find in Milan and Turin many people that descends from southerners who went north for work, especially after WWII.

Yes, with northern money. If they separated the south would lose its debt guarantor and they'd have to default.

you know, portugal isn't that bad. we're the 5th most peaceful country in the world

What about us
Literally different """"""governemt""""" (well, they're developed parliaments), each has a language, slightly different culture, history etc.

Your posters are less autistic

as with most things, technically yes

>portugal isn't that bad
Neither is the south, from a livability pov.
We're talking economy here, you're both very depressed areas with scarce possibilities for development and governments not quite up to the task.

>calling us Balkan

I'd sooner give my life than Trst, it's true, but if I had a choice between giving Trst and never being called Balkan again, I'd take the latter in a heartbeat. There's no greater insult to a Slovene than to be labelled Balkanic.

Why are you so depressed though. Italy as a whole country may be shit, but our suicide and depression rates are very low.

because we're shit economically, like said
we've always been
thus sadness has become a part of our culture

*ruffles your hair affectionately*