You will never own a Dell xps 13

>you will never own a Dell xps 13

Other urls found in this thread:

pcworld.com/article/2059228/dell-yes-our-laptop-smells-like-cat-pee-but-its-not-cat-pee.html
nayuos.nexedi.com/
chromium.org/chromium-os
twitter.com/AnonBabble

But i do?
I will probably never have sex with a girl though...

We've all got to make sacrifices user

>dell
fucking garbage

XPS 15 is where it's at.

>you will never coil whine

>He owns a Dell xps 13

This.

>tfw still using a mid 2012 15" MBP.

Only because I bought a Thinkpad 13 instead

confirming device of the future

i own one and prefer a 14 inch chromebook because it's flat out better for everything but the screen
wish i bought a chinkpad

better how?

>soldered ram

>owning coil whine with only 300 battery discharges

battery life (big one), touchpad, keyboard, ports (muh type c is not useful in the real world), the cpu is the exact same and on the chrbook it doesn't need a fan (it does have one but i couldn't get it to fire up even if i tried, thinking of milling out a copper heatsink to replace the whole assembly), and it's also about the same weight even though it's bigger and better balanced/easier to handle.
plus it has coreboot.

>dell

enjoy your plastic that smells like cat piss

pcworld.com/article/2059228/dell-yes-our-laptop-smells-like-cat-pee-but-its-not-cat-pee.html

no point when my nearly 4 year old macbook pro still works

dont think i could bring myself to part with my hard-earned shekels for a dell with their shite keyboards anyway

>get a job
>save your money
>buy the laptop

>get a job
>save your money
>hire a hooker

Gentlemen, there are simple solutions to all of life's problems.

Okay? Why would I want one when a Chromebook does everything I need to do on the go? If I need access to a beefier system I can just VNC into my desktop which is infinitely more powerful than a XPS 13.

My only problem with Chromebooks is the small amount of storage and RAM. I usually only keep around 80GB of shit on my hard drive at all times and I like some wiggle room for virtual machines and stuff. Also 2GB of RAM doesn't work for me. I need at least 6.

Not OP BTW

You can just put a 128GB SD card in it and use as permanent storage, and most new Chromebooks come with 4GB RAM. But if you need at least 6GB RAM then a Chromebook isn't made for you, since the money you need to pay for a Chromebook with 8GB RAM can get you a much better suited regular laptop to install Linux on.

Why don't manufacturers just make Chromebook-like laptops with 8GB of RAM, a 128-512GB SSD, and Ubuntu installed? You could probably sell them for around $350 and they would become the new MacBook Air.

Because there's no market for devices like that since your average consumer doesn't want to run Linux and people who do are tech savvy enough to buy used business machines to install Linux on.

>they would become the new MacBook Air.

Chromebooks are the new Macbook Air.

Chromebooks already run Linux. Besides the UI, the package manager, and a few preinstalled apps, Ubuntu is pretty similar to Chrome OS. There's just less focus on cloud shit, which a lot of people hate. They run out of space and realize it's a Jewish trick.

Don't need one I have a macbook pro
>inb4 macfag

>Chromebooks already run Linux. Besides the UI, the package manager, and a few preinstalled apps, Ubuntu is pretty similar to Chrome OS.
Yes, Stallman, we know. Doesn't mean that using Chrome OS is anything like using Gahnoo plus Loonix.

>There's just less focus on cloud shit, which a lot of people hate. They run out of space and realize it's a Jewish trick.
Obviously not, since Chromebooks are selling like hotcakes. 100GB of storage in Google Drive costs 2 bucks a month, if that's too much for people to pay then they're the Jews and not Google.

>Yes, Stallman, we know. Doesn't mean that using Chrome OS is anything like using Gahnoo plus Loonix.
That's exactly what it is. In fact, Chrome OS is basically Gentoo.

>Obviously not, since Chromebooks are selling like hotcakes. 100GB of storage in Google Drive costs 2 bucks a month, if that's too much for people to pay then they're the Jews and not Google.
Subscription based storage is a scam when you can pay a one time fee of $20 for a 160HDD or around $40 for a 128GB SSD. You also lose control of your data.

No, it's nothing like using Gahnoo plus Loonix, Chrome OS is literally just a browser. Do you think you can put a normie in front of Gentoo and teach them how to use the command line just because they have a Chromebook?

>Subscription based storage is a scam when you can pay a one time fee of $20 for a 160HDD or around $40 for a 128GB SSD. You also lose control of your data.
And you think normies care about that when they just want a laptop to browse the internet on?

Fuck, you're so goddamn cringy. A terminal emulator runs a shell, which allows you to run and interact with other files and applications. A program runs a program that interacts with other programs, basically. You can have a complete operating system without a terminal emulator or a shell, you asshat. Chrome OS is GNU/Linux.

>Only 13''
>not a Dell XPS 17

Nobody is saying otherwise you dipshit, I'm saying that just because it's Linux doesn't mean it's anything like actually using any other Linux distro, which is why it's so popular. Are you going to argue that just because Android is Linux then that means all Android users can start using Arch too?

>every 1600x1200 monitor is expensive as hell

Don't reply when you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, dumb cunt.

nayuos.nexedi.com/

chromium.org/chromium-os

Android is not GNU/Linux. Android would be Android/Linux. Chrome OS still uses the GNU operating system.

dis is what we like

I can very relate to that doggo in your picture.
Having an allergy rush rn

Also I don't need dell xps 13. I got macbook 13 2016 w/o touchbar

Buy 4k retard

I have one. It's not worth it. Get a Mac.

I've used the 13 and the 15.

I own the 15. It's so much nicer for screen real estate it's unbelievable. Not to mention it actually came in a configuration that I wanted.

>island keyboard
Spotted the graphics artist.

Got my 15 with 97wh and 1050 also 2.9ghz quad stacker not bad

I had one for a couple months. What don't you like about it? My two major problems are: 1. Windows 10 is shit. And 2. The trackpad is complete garbage. There's a delay in the click every time you tap the thing. So I just got a Macbook.

The keyboard is awful. The battery life isn't as good as advertised. The screen has a lot of glare. Windows and Linux can't compete. Mostly the shit keyboard.

I sure love coil whine.

i could sell you one

I'm so fucked up on antihistamines I can't even feel my hands, feet, or balls. Slept 17 hours yesterday.

I could though. Just decided against it cause of the fucking coil whine.