Linux From Scratch

why don't you use glorious LFS, do you enjoy getting cucked by your distro?

name one accomplishment in your life

>he thinks lfs is super hard

not OP but look through the manual

Its really not that difficult especially if you have installed gentoo

Name one reason I would spend the time maintaining my own distro, rather relying on competent people to maintain it for me?

Teach me how faggot. I'm fine with bunsenlabs rn

I don't know the first thing about LFS, but I'm a fervent Gentoo user.

1) Would I actually learn anything useful (beyond what I already know) from the process of setting up LFS to my liking?
2) How much time should I expect it to take?

>LG android skin users defend locked bootloaders and not being able to use aosp
because everyone does something wrong, and doing everything yourself really isn't -that- hard.

Wallpaper?

>because everyone does something wrong
Yes, myself included. Which is why I don't have the time to dick around with it.

It's not like you just spend some hours composing your own distro and then it's done, if you want newer versions, security patches etc, you have to take this into consideration and spend a significant amount of time maintaining it manually.

>and doing everything yourself really isn't -that- hard.
I don't see how this is an argument for anything. Getting a pilot's license isn't really -that- hard either, but I'm not going to get one just because it is moderately difficult.

because I like guixsd

>eCorp linux
>>/reddit/

I'm not OP, but here

I already know it's bug ridden garbage, like almost everything Linux related

LFS is a book that has 500~ pages
It might not be that hard but it's time consuming

I need to create a skeleton on an ARM device to port a new distro, was hoping LFS would help me on this regard as my skills are very limited.

>Gentoo without a package manager
No thanks

*like everything Windows related

Meant to put that

i dont understand why these threads even exist, more so why people respond, its always the same "why arent you using X its the best", fuck off you cia nigger shill.

>Linux being shit is ok because Windows is also shit

That's the spirit!

Fuck off cianigger

I'd like to know as well. Gentoo lets me do a lot already.