It seems like these days you somewhat have to commit your life and your data to some degree to (at least) one of five...

It seems like these days you somewhat have to commit your life and your data to some degree to (at least) one of five megacorps - Google, Apple, Microsoft, Facebook or Amazon. If not you're kinda technologically excluded or impaired.

inb4 there are alternatives
Yes there are, but none of them is as good or have as coherent ekosystem with as much possibilities. If they were as good they'd simply become another megacorp.

So which one of the five you trust the most?

Apple I guess.
Their hardware sucks, and user privacy isn't great either, but it seems that spying isn't their sole purpose.

why is facebook and amazon even on this list
real choice is between google, microsoft and apple

why do you or anyone need to be reliant on an ecosystem? computing as the manipulation of tangible files with native software rather than signing into locked remote services hasn't disappeared yet. i edit the document, i play the mp3, i send the email, all off some nand chips somewhere inside this box. how is it "impaired" that a status update isn't sent to 3000 of my closest friends each time i do anything?

Assange the Younger

what OS are you using? and on your phone?
which browser?
what e-mail hosting?
which office suite? (and using LibreOffice IS being impaired, since it is inferior even to google docs)
which search engine (duckduckgo is FUBAR)
what cloud storage are you using to share files between people and devices?
maps/route planning?
instant messaging?

and that's before shit like voice assistants and AR really kicked in, which by all means is about to happen

none of them

>trusting a corporation

>choosing the most closed ecosystem of all from a company that rides on now dead greatness

Windows plus some servers running Linux.
Firefox
Local small email provider
I am a programmer so I barely use any office suite, but I do use MS Word when needed
Google
Not using cloud storage
Yandex maps
Plain text messages by my phone operator

I have not committed to any of big megacoprs and any service I use can be swapped for another (Windows can't be swapped, but that's not a service).

This is a really narrow vision.
On top of what you said, I also want navigation, file synchronization, mail synchronization, calendar and schedule synchronization...
There are alternatives for most that are doable with just git or a vpn, but the easiest way is to join one of the cults. And Android makes it reaaaaally convenient to just suck google's tit.

Arch on laptop/Desktop, Lineage + Gapps on my phone
Firefox
Gmail
Google docs
Google
My FTP server
Google maps
Telegram

So yeah guess I'm just in the google botnet, but I do take steps to avoid it, like never having my GPS on.

Yeah, and "technologically excluded or impaired" means something else entirely.

>windows is not a service
Depends which version you are running

Just because Microsoft think it is doesn't make it so. You can debloat 10 and disable automatic updating for it, then it is not a service. I'm running 7 anyway.

>maybe cars have some additional features but riding a horse is not being impaired in terms of communication!

You are overestimating the benefits you gain by giving up your life to them.

>After Scooby Doo passed away, he lost touch with the world

I don't think so.
I'm not some cuck, nobody will force me to make some stupid 'driving license'. And don't even make me start on this insurrance thing. Fuck that shit.
I can live perfectly fine riding on a horse. Even if I have to keep taking shit out of my stable for the rest of my life.
Maybe I can't drive my family anywhere or transport my closet, but who needs that anyway.

I think you have issues with reading comprehension though.

>Windows
botnet

>Firefox
SJW inferior crap

>MS Word
botnet

>Google
botnet

>Not using cloud storage
dumbass

>Yandex
russian botnet

I use a Jewgle account only for work. I have my own email server for personal use. The only Apple products I own are a couple of old PowerBooks and an iPod classic 5th gen. I don't use any Microdick or Facekike services. I don't use Amazon except to buy stuff but I use prepaid Visa cards to do so, since there's no way in hell that I'm going to personally identify myself to that botnet. I went a step further and installed Coreboot on three of my machines and all of my computers run Debian. I've also disabled all of the management engines using ME Cleaner or on Core2 models the Libreboot scripts that physically shut down the Intel ME.

I probably have better security then 95% of the world.

implying anyone cares about spying on neckbeard permavirgin basement dwellers

that must be really comfortable for every day use, let alone communicating with anyone

Dragnet surveillance doesn't care who you are. Do you really think the NSA and CIA have people that sit in a little room and monitor each individual? They collect everyone's data and use programs to look for certain words. If those words are found, a live person reviews that data. I don't want them having it in the first place.

It doesn't inconvenience me at all. I have a dumbphone that I can use to call and text. Unlike socially inept and emotionality stunted people that spend their whole day on Facebook, I actually go out and meet up with friends for meals, movies, concerts, hikes, etc.

having a smartphone has more profits than browsing Facebook, but if that's only thing you know I understand why you're completely OK with a dumbphone

doesn't look as comfy as OP

You're kinda technologically excluded or impaired.because you are a retard, though.

If you trust any other entity than yourself you have already lost.

Not true, Amazon I know at least hires woman and visible minorities preferentially. I had a female friend who was mediocre at best with a basic education who get a good job at Amazon.

>If not you're kinda technologically excluded or impaired.
mcfucking kill youself

I happily will, as fast as you give me alternatives to at least 90% of services provided by these companies that have same level of functionality

No.
>OS
some linux
>Word processing
LibreOffice
>Cloud Storage
ownCloud / Nextcloud
>E-Mail
Just use protonmail or something
>cell
Android phone with lineageOS and without this crappy google stuff

what else would I even need?