Is it best to just give in to the botnet in exchange for games...

Is it best to just give in to the botnet in exchange for games? I think it is but I'd like to see someone try to prove me wrong.
I've been using windows since I was a kid and it just makes sense. From what I've seen of linux its a convoluted mess with too many options and not enough usability. Also, im not really someone who cares about surveillance or freedumb because im not a criminal. Anyone else think linux users would be more happy just forgetting about all that stuff and enjoying comfy windows.

> Also, im not really someone who cares about surveillance or freedumb because im not a criminal.
cuck

Negligence for privacy has consequences that extend beyond crime.

There is no perfect solution/OS/hardware/language.
People have different needs and wants.
If something works for you - great.
If not - fix it.
Dont start flamewars

>gaymes

>im not really someone who cares about surveillance or freedumb because im not a criminal
This is always the stupidest argument against privacy. Will you let me setup a webcam in your bathroom? I'll only be monitoring what you do to see if you commit any crimes, don't worry. And of course you would let me share this video with whomever I feel needs to see it, in the name of preventing crime of course. Perhaps I'll show it to the people at your workplace too just to ensure they know what you get up to behind closed doors and can ensure it's not criminal.

My advice is to give into the botnet in exchange for games

Disable the botnet and have the best of both worlds.

Ironically, despite this being a tech board, most of Sup Forums will claim this is impossible. They are liars. They can't event figure out how to disable automatic restarts when your PC updates.

HOW DO I STOP MICROSHIT FROM RAPING ME!!!! my laptop was forced to restart for two hours straight during finals week! plz help.

>too many options
You have a mental disorder.

Just install Windows 7

Shittier argument detected.

A webcam in my bathroom and the fact that I Google 'video game walkthrough' on occasion aren't the same thing.

You're not valuable enough to be used for anything other than statistics and advertising friendo.

>you are not valuable enough
>until someone cares about you

>Is it best to just give in to the botnet in exchange for games?
No
Most good games already have GNU/Linux ports, for the rest Just use wine, I never had problems with it.

>with too many options and not enough usability
In my experience windows is unusable compared to GNU/Linux.
More options are a good thing.

>Also, im not really someone who cares about surveillance or freedumb because im not a criminal
You are not a criminal now but soon you might be. After all (((they))) want to make illegal everything that (((they))) don't like. (look at the uk for example, lewds of anime characters that do not have public hair and huge saggy boobs is illegal and can get you 10 years in jail. Same for not providing the key of something that (((they))) consider as encrypted, even if it is not encrypted)

>ads in the OS is comfy
>creepy colored screens with white text is comfy
>being watched through your webcam is comfy
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Ben Franklin

You, OP, are a massive cuckold (and probably a shill) and you deserve nothing. Now fuck off.

if you're a manchild

You may not find that every game you want to play is on GNU/Linux, but there are enough games now you can always find something to play.

When we started getting games on GNU/Linux again I honestly never thought I'd have a backlog of native games. Now there are more than I could ever hope to play.

You can use Windows offline if you play pirated games.

The support is rip though and it doesn't have directx 11.

>directx 12
FTFY
Who gives a fuck? There a no games that are worth it alone for that anyways.

Fuck no, faggot. I tried really hard looking for a good game on PC, but most of the games I even kind of liked were just repetitive JRPGs, and the absolute best games on PC were just ports from console.

PC has zero fun adventure games like Legend of Zelda or something. It's mostly just generic first person shooters or boring simulators or some shit. Steam was a mistake. PC gaming was a mistake. It just gives license to any retard to make some bullshit and sell it. The best games that PC has to offer are just ports from console. I will never be tied to a garbage OS like Windows just for its lackluster library.

(You)