>Buy thin phone
>Put a case on it
Why?

>buy thick phone
>put a case on it
Why?

to protect it from drops and damage, stupid

Because muh precious data on it.

Because I like my phones thick. Thinness is a design flaw.

Don't be a climbsy fuckhead then I owned a S5 for 3 years with no case no screen protector and it came out with just a mark on the back

>extra thick
thats why phones are thin, they are supposed to be the minimum that can be build upon

I'm going to put a case on it no matter what. Let me find a good compromise between weight and battery endurance on my own.

use a case and dont leave a make smartass
plus you can sell it on Craigslist to some poorfags at a higher price

Some of us go out in public to crowded places - office buildings, public transportation, stores, etc. - and at points people will invariably bump into you within the two years most people hold on to $800+ devices. Having the case helps protect it from damage if dropped AND helps protect much of the phone from cosmetic wear, which is helpful if you sell your previous phones when you upgrade to the next device.

>buy thin phone
>buy bigger battery with fitting case
>put the case on - instead of gluing the battery in because jewish "muh exploding battery news"

think for yourself, fuckface

Because all the retarded normalfags want stupid thin phones so all phones now try to be thin pieces of shit.

I'm using a thick rugged case only because i can hold the phone comfortably with it, the added protection is a bonus.

I own a Moto g for like 5 years and I drop it all the time. It's covered in marks but idgaf lol!

>buy case
>headphones fit in the port but my aux cord in my car wont
>buy a different case
>aux cord fits but now headphones don't

The iPhone 7 with Apple Airpods doesn't have this problem :^)

That's exactly why. Thin + case = regular size.

Leave your house.

>Work in trade job
>lifeproof
>Shit gets kicked around like a literal soccer ball
>Phone still hasn't broken

Mute toggle broke but from constant use from amount of phone calls after a year which is shit, used to use phone in pool beach etc for recording/photos.

All phones are thin nowadays. As for the case, a simple bumper case saved me from more scratches than a screen protector.

That makes sense. Though it would be better if manufacturers made phones more solid in the first place.

And faggots don't have accident children.

I hate thin phones. A case makes the phone thiccer and sturdier.

A thick phone in a case would be the size of a brick.

lol bullshit..the faded chrome on edge is shit, amirite?

Because I like the look of worn leather better than scuffed metal

So you made this thread to brag about how you never drop your phone? You didn't have anything better to do?

literally my life

delet

Eh, Years ago when I was using a HD2 I didn't use a case and I never dropped it.

That's because I was a NEET who never really had to go anywhere. Tried to do the same shit with a new phone while I live overseas and work and it got dropped and the glass over the camera got scratched.

TPU case at a minimum these days. Something bigger if I'm going to the gym.

>I'll just put a silicone case on my hammer
>it's a tool after all
>tools need to be protected, amiright?

....it doesnt seem like a bad idea imo

it gives me a better grip on the phone and let's me use it in one hand

as long as its a rubber hammer it should be the same thing really unless you mean on the handle

I honestly prefer how my 3T feels in my hand with the case

I always get those tempered glass fronts. Protects it without adding thickness

Oh, it's another 'I only use my phone to call my mom to fetch me tendies' thread.

How exciting.

One day if you gather enough courage to venture outside, you'll appreciate having a case.

Why don't manufacturers make swappable frames/backs?

If it gets scratched or damaged you can just switch it out and the manufacturer gets to sell tons of different designed shit for extra bux.

For me it had the exact opposite effect. Outside I learned that 1. it's something that is merely meant to be (ab)used and worn out, as it is a tool and 2. dirt gets stuck in between the case and the phone itself. Not the case without a case. Additionally I learned that getting spareparts for your current phone can be a spectaculalry cheap endeavour when you buy used old phones from ebay or craigslist. In case something breaks and needs to exchanged. No need for a phone with a working motherboard when you need just a frame or a display.

Rather fiddle with the phone extensively one time when fixing it than fiddling with it every day when using a case.

Next you're going to propose removable batteries or something ridiculous like that

Removable screens!

E-ink touch display on the back for things that don't change often with extremely low battery usage when "on". OLED on the front when you gotta type more and view media.

Exists already, nobody wants/needs that.

>All these triggered retards that can't even hold a phone
Maybe you shouldn't buy an expensive piece of technology if you're so stupid you don't even know how to hold a brick.

Hey now. That e-ink back on my phone is extremely useful for reading stuff outside.

An interesting point and I agree once you have a good income a phone is a tool and you should not sully the aesthetics and experience of it with a case.

But.

Assuming you purchased a flagship today. Replacing the display assembly on an S8(for example) is hardly "cheap" nor painless to install.

*blocks op path*

>Feels like utter shit in your hand

I use one for my phone but boy does it make anything feel like cheap shit.

Cheap shit is more durable. Everything but plastic is literally a meme. Even plastic screens are more durable(see Droid turbo 2).

It reminds me of those Chinese and middle eastern immigrants that cover their living furniture in plastic. Are they thinking they're going to resell it? What's going on with that?

Why are camera bumps a thing? Why not make the phone 2mm thicker and have better battery life and not have the fucking thing resting on the lens unless you put a case on it?

Because Apple did it.

doesn't matter it does it job keeping the phone from getting fucked and still looks good. well if your not a retard that drops their phone all the time that need a fat fuck case.

It's to protect the purity and virginity of the furniture

Probably the worst possible protector because all the dirt, scratches and grease will be much more visible than on any other type of protector. It's also shit protection using only soft plastic. I had one for my Honor 8. Now I use a frame protector with glass on front and back. Most can't even tell I have something on it.

We won't see thicker phones until the day they manage to make one you can slide under a door.

so you can set it on a table without scratching the camera or screen.

has fuck all to do with drop protection, i only use super thin tpu cases.

Because when it falls on the ground and it will because you are a clumsy fuck, it won't break because you can't afford to buy a new one hence the case

i use the ghettoest of solutions
i bought a new phone about 2 weeks ago
i don't care about drops (i don't drop my phone), but i hate when the phone gets scratched in the back, so i put four of pic related, and it works

because aestheticsphones are flimsy, fragile, easily-scratched shit

Won't that shit slide off and leave a sticky goo on your phone if you keep putting your phone in and out your pocket?

Ahhhh, the samsung galaxy s. Mine still works like a charm.

i am concerned of the same, so i am still testing
the glue on this things look pretty decent
i carry my phone on a travel pouch so it will not be an issue (it is an m3 note, so it is pretty huge for pockets anyway)

Notice how slippery they've become? Like they want them to fly out of your hand so you buy more phones.
Case just for grip. Protection is a bonus.

Are you an anti-vaxxer?
>just don't accidentally catch those diseases bro!

>injecting the vaccinated jew
Literal autism

Holding thin phones hurt my hands. I honestly hate this new trend of making phones as thin as possible, just imagine all the shit a dev could cram into a thicker phone

Nothing that goo gone cant take care of

Because phones are fucking expensive, and I don't particularly like thin phones anyways.

Using a flip case makes me more comfortable having it in my pocket or bag. It also doubles up as a stand which is pretty neat.

i hate to shill but have you looked into dbrand?

your solution seems autistic

bf got this one. It sort of has an integrated case. Hasn't broken after multiple drops. He was going to put a $10 case on it, but then the price shot up so he just put a screen protector on it. Front camera is very unflattering, at least with default app, and auto-brightness is shit compared to Samsung.

>Even plastic screens are more durable
kinda but not really

they get scratched easier since they're soft, but they don't really break as easily on impact

master race is plastic screen + glass screen protector, I do this on my xcover 3 beater phone

had to reload to enable scripts for captcha, forgot image

1e vs. whatever brand selling me vinil trash
sorry but you are the autist
the dbrand skin will get scratches too