If you have to use Windows 10, is there a single reason to not use LTSB?

If you have to use Windows 10, is there a single reason to not use LTSB?

Education exists

Because LTSB is placebo. It still communicates with Microsoft. And you're not supposed to own that version unless youre a business.

Still have Cortana, Edge and the App Store, so why the fuck use that?

>you're not supposed to own that version
lol

You can disable them all in group policy editor

what if im in the business of playing games?

LTSB 2015 does not work on Pacsal GPUs and 2016 is trash.

It's a glorified Pro edition. Complete junk.

It's supposed to have none of those

it doesnt have the xbox app/services for streaming game/video , if you are into that.

When you see someone shitposting about LTSB here, you can be almost sure that faggot use a trial version as user&co don't have 300 shitposting rig to buy enterprise edition. Of course some kind of wageslaves excluded.

Why would anyone pay for Windows in the first place???

Good point, but MS expect some money for their crap. :^)

If you absolutely have to use windows then just use windows 10 enterprise. No reason to be a turbo autist with LTSB. Or even windows 7.

Thats why they datamine your harddrive and have ads embedded in the OS.

I'd rather use 7, but MacroNigger sabotages newer processors. I already do my usual computing/shitposting/banking on my Ubuntu partition.

not available to everyday user/Have to pirate.
To be honest I'd rather pay $500 for a good LTSB version than free Home Edition.

No, it was supposed to not have Cortana, rest was here from the start.

Edu however now DO have Cortana again, since latest patches makes her more integrated into search function. Setting up proper group policy disables her as usual.

Same for Store and all apps - one policy and they are gone (Enterprise only and Edu is tweaked Enterprise).

And Edge is actually comfortable for reading pdf files. At least thats the sole purpose I use it for.

>but MacroNigger sabotages newer processors

You can do workaround in form of installing 7 on another PC, running sysprep command to switch it to "first launch" mode, plug HDD into new PC with latest CPU and it wont complain. But that takes time. Just saying.

Or just use WSUS offline

I like to be randomly presented by a whole new interface when booting up my rig

What's wrong with 2016? Just upgraded from 2015, I see no major differences

Moral high ground
Not wanting to risk a copyright fight against Microsoft

It's some bullshit Sup Forums spouts because they're trying to be anti-Windows 10 and lost their Pascal excuse for 2015.

Holy shit are you retarded?

New Sup Forums don't know how to pirate Windows and Windows software.

LTSB is perfect for my laptop, which is a core2duo with 2gb RAM. Runs silky smooth, about on par with Xubuntu with XFCE

Not that I've tried it, but how2geek said, "Windows 10 LTSB omits a lot of the new stuff in Windows 10. It doesn’t come with the Windows Store, Cortana, or Microsoft Edge browser."

You're saying it does come with the store and Edge.

32-bit float audio is busted, it starts clipping after you pause/resume for 30 seconds and the only fix is to completely stop the playback on every program open. Scroll in File Explorer is horribly laggy (I have an Intel 530SSD and a 3770k, scrolling in a folder with high-res pictures is nearly impossible). And there's other issues such as context menu inconsistencies, the old resolution settings removed, etc. Also a weird issue in which any interaction with the immersive UI (wich means start menu, settings application, etc) ramps up the GPU to highest clock speeds (in P0). I noticed this problem on a system with two 780ti and another one with a Titan Pascal.

Yeah, LTSB2016 is complete trash. A bugfest. 2015 has many bugs, but it's nowhere near as bad as 2016. I can imagine things are just getting worse, next LTSB (in 2018) will most likely be even worse than 2016 one. I know 1703 is a lot worse than 1607. It's more and more a dumbed down mobile OS. With a lot of bugs to top it all.

>tfw you will eventually be have to install a more recent version of windows than 7

Or just hold on to 7 for as long as possible (look at XP, developers supported it till this year for the most part, and it still has support from Mozilla for Firefox 52 for a year or more) then just switch to Linux. I know that's what I'm going to do.

Next release in 2019.

>is there a single reason to not use LTSB?

Doesn't get the latest updates often.

>is there a single reason to not use LTSB?

It's Windows 10, that's more than enough reason to avoid it at all costs whether those are just your lifespan being wasted or actual out of pocket monetary costs.

I mean really, nobody HAS to use Windows 10, not anyone on the fucking planet, ever.

>inb4 you maggots try to rationalize using Windows 10

W10 is a service therefore old versions become outdated. Hell, you can't even use the new Nvidia/AMD drivers on the first W10 version from 2015. And LTSB is even worse with that because it never gets feature updates, and the new versions possibly won't even be released for years. For example there is no 2017 version and the 2016 is gonna become outdated soon since Creators Update is out. As said, use regular Enterprise. You can find clean iso's with DuckDuckGo, since Google is censoring torrents

Shitty advice. LTSB is the only usable version of 10. It's still trash compared to 7, but not the same level of trash compared to CBB versions of 10.

LTSB is usable of all windows 10 and trash like 8.1 /7.

People who spill this bullshit never tried but it is funny how nobody here don't know to activate LTSB with open source KMS.
This , Sup Forums is full of Sup Forums and newfags.
All LTSB users from here wants to avoid botnet but they install russian one from mdl.

I use LTSB 2016 on a daily basis, it's garbage. 7 is objectively a superior OS.

LTSB 2015 is the only good LTSB.

Windows 7 already feels ancient after using 8.1 and 10 for a long time.

Now I am free from winshit so I don't care anymore.

Windows Subsystem for Linux is not supported in LTSB 2016

win7 is shit

If you define modern as buggy, maybe you've got a point

I've been using ltsb 2016 for over two months now and haven't had any of the issues you've listed

They're there. They're present on Server 2016 as well. Both on vanilla installs and fully updated.

But I'm using it right now

Same

My PC has Windows 10, strictly used for work, gaming, and music making. I do not download random shit or do anything sketchy on it

My laptop on the other hand....

citation needed

>It's a glorified Pro edition.
No its a enterprise edition with a different license