Sup Sup Forums I recovered this stolen iPhone

Sup Sup Forums I recovered this stolen iPhone.

Retards smashed it and ditched it in a field after I remotely locked it.
I tracked it with find my iPhone and got it back.

Anybody ever do this?

Why the fuck would they smash it?
How was it stolen?

If you need the data, replace the screen, then unlock.

Not sure how it was stolen, it's a company phone.
They smashed it because they are fucking dumb I guess

Display is easy to replace

unclock*

They were probably niggers.

>They smashed it because they are fucking dumb I guess
They saved you from a shit phone, fâm

How is it a shit phone when I can literally get them for $0.99 from Verizon and I can remotely manage them with an MDM, unlike shit Android.

Exactly, had they done anything else, I wouldn't have been able to find it

These iPhone displays are piss easy to replace. It's all a single module, and it's screwed, not glued.

Not in this area, most likely Hispanics...
It is possible though I guess.
I have their house address too, but last time I confronted people over stolen company property, HR was pissed.

yeah I smash iphones all the time

lol retards keep buying em :^)

Yes. It's screwed on. Up until the iphone 4. Then it's glued on with industrial grade super glue so if you try to take it apart, you'll probably fuck it up, void the warranty, and be offered to buy a new one.

If its a company phone, bring it to the tech department and explain what happened, they should give you a replacement. You should know this about the company you work for.

Bs, iPhone 4s are fucking retarded to take apart, you have to pull the battery, main board, everything.

5/5s is easy, but 5c is the easiest overall.

>applel
>phoneposters

I am the tech department.

>what is Android Device Management

Then follow guidelines that your superior has assigned you to.

come on jamal

You must be loads of fun at parties

Fuck off back to r*ddit

Can you inform the police, or would they just tell you to fuck off?

I make the guidelines, I already replaced the screen and deployed it back to the employee.

any of you tech goons know any activation exploits?

The police were informed of the address, but last time, I went and interrogated them myself with three others. Using the information from that time, they did make an arrest, but on unrelated activities.

This time around, I was on my own and didn't have my AR with me, so ehh. Probably nothing will happen.

time to close the thread then.
People who realize theyve stolen a tracking device usually try to break it and dump it out of fear for getting caught.

this is the new version of treasure hunting.

you steal someone's iphone and hide it somewhere and let that person go looking for it

bonus point if you are gonna scare them at the spot, rob them mat the spot, harm them at the spot, or even just for lulz and bring it all away to the other side of the world and see if they are desperate enough to travel there to get it

keeping it on and taking pictures that sync to their icloud account to taunt them is fun too haha

I wish this happened, it would be amazing.

Bury it near a tombstone and then make an anonymous tip to the police about a suspected grave robber.

This was almost as bad because it was in some private land off a road a bit, and there were people on site.
It usually raises some questions when you get some guy in khakis walking around with a laptop in a freshly turned field.
The bastards left it on silent too, so I was just taking GPS coordinations until I narrowed it down to a small area and walked till I found it sticking out of some dirt.

Spics are dumb but they're smart enough to pawn off electronics even if they can't access. Niggers with their ape-like impulse control are far more likely to smash it.

>spics are smart
Ahahahahaha. What really happened was the pawn shop wouldn't buy the phone from them so they went trash it instead, specifically to "teach you a lesson" about locking your phone.

>implying the phone is actually 99 cents

what a fucking coincidence

*ahem*

>same, me too thanks

>How is it a shit phone when I can literally get them for $0.99 from Verizon and I can remotely manage them with an MDM, unlike shit Android.

t. apple shill

an useless ripoff
you can go into android recovery mode and POOF, it disappears

one last bump for this pathetic thread

It is 99¢, and the total charges including tax and shipping comes to $31.50
It also brings a eligible line under another contract for 2 years, but my company plans on being a company for a bit longer, so that will not cost anything.

give it back, Jamal

>what is factory reset protection