Admit it Sup Forums most machine learning and datascience experts are women

Admit it Sup Forums most machine learning and datascience experts are women .

While you are arguing over things like muh gadgets,graphics cards,fizzbuzzing results and other petty trivial shit these women are driving the field of computer science especially artificial intelligence which is the future.

Are you guys even good at coding? how many research papers have you written ? I'm yet to see a single thread here where you delve into a field of computer science.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/tensorflow/tensorflow/graphs/contributors
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_inverse_square_root
deeplearningbook.org/
ml.cmu.edu/research/phd-dissertations.html
profiles.stanford.edu/fei-fei-li?tab=bio
clarissasblog.com/2014/05/14/i-dont-want-to-hire-women/
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=12720908
sites.math.washington.edu/~morrow/336_12/papers/ben.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Are you guys even good at coding?
yes
>how many research papers have you written ?
one, not pertaining to computer science or coding though
>I'm yet to see a single thread here where you delve into a field of computer science.
because you only open the troll/casual threads

kill you'reself

Tensorflow was written almost exclusively by males.
Meanwhile the subpar developers in charge of making the project politically correct and not actually advancing it in any technical way are mostly women

Go figure

>Meanwhile the subpar developers in charge of making the project politically correct and not actually advancing it in any technical way are mostly women
how do you know this? Do you have any sort of stats to back this up?

>all women
>diversity

diversity/democracy only counted if I said so

something like that

Cool clock durkadurka

>You have to be a women to think in a fucked up language.

>what is affirmative action
There is a thing called positive discrimination you know.

>diverse
>represents less than %50 of the population
shaking my head senpai

when pol meets g

There's only 4 women in my entire computer science course so I don't really think so desu

>google

More than there needs to be.

It's a worldwide epidemic.

It's like a queen ant, give it time for the queen to multiply peons.

"Machine learning" is piss easy, obviously woman "programmers" will flock towards it.
Feeding a neural network some training data, that is. That's all they do.
Who do you think created all those network models below it? All the libraries? TensorFlow, maybe?
Correct. All men. Men have to actually drive innovation forward and dumb it down, so women are finally able to use it, while trying to claim all the rewards and im-so-progressive-points for it.

>Do you have any sort of stats to back this up?
Look at OP's picture. That's the group in charge of charge of making sure the systems developed don't become biased by gender or race, not the experts or the core developers.

Github keeps a nicely formatted page of contributors, and you can see all the biggest contributors are almost entirely male
github.com/tensorflow/tensorflow/graphs/contributors

/thread

>discrimination is good only when i do it
Women everyone

Can someone explain this?

>incredibly diverse
>all women

go away tranny

I honestly don't understand the hate towards women; I'm at a pretty top CS program, and some of the smartest people I've met are women

My undergrad was mostly guys. My grad courses that skew more to data science students skew toward girls, the classes that skew more to straight software development skew more toward guys, but its nothing like the 80+% male classes I had as an undergrad.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_inverse_square_root

If two candidates are equally qualified then the woman should get the job over the man.

>Computer Science

Machine Learning AKA AI is just stats. So mathematicians with PhDs in Stats are the forefront of ML/AI research like they always were which is nothing new.

>Women driving the field
Hmm let's see.
deeplearningbook.org/ nope, all men here. These 3 are the premiere current deep learning researchers.

Let's check dissertations
ml.cmu.edu/research/phd-dissertations.html ok there's some women here, like 3 or 4 out of 50.

Let's check Fei-Fei Li, as you shilled her in your pic there without even knowing who she is, which is a computer vision expert (she's also married to another CV expert) but now she is a director of a department at Stanford, which means no research anymore and sitting on the university board with all the vice provosts and deans and shit doing management profiles.stanford.edu/fei-fei-li?tab=bio

Women would probably make great ML 'engineers' though as they are good at micromanaging. However working with them is often a pain in the ass as detailed here by another woman clarissasblog.com/2014/05/14/i-dont-want-to-hire-women/

It said the crowd was diverse, not the panel

>machine learning and datascience
Fake science for fake scientists.

except that will literally never happen.

There will always be one huge thing that gives males the advantage, they wont get knocked up and leech off of the company for 2 years because muh babies and muh clock is ticking.

If anything having kids makes men more dedicated since they actually provide and not sit on their ass watching orange is the new black while they try to ignore the kids.

men and women aren't the same, dwi.

Where are their hijabs?

I noticed a lot more in Yuropoor schools than the US, for example I take some courses with recorded lectures from Netherlands and Russian universities, and there's at least slightly more than token girls in graduate level math classes. In the US lecture videos I watch, it's almost entirely men and the few women are Chinese. This doesn't mean 'discrimination' it just means American women don't want to take grad level math whereas blonde Russian chicks seem to want to take it.

Speaking of math there is no such thing really as "Machine Learning" or "Computer Vision" or "Deep Learning" or "Artificial Neural Networks" it's just Statistics renamed with marketing buzzwords news.ycombinator.com/item?id=12720908

Most people in computer science are men, regardless of the subfield. Cherry picking a group of female Googlers that got invited to a panel does not all of a sudden make them the majority. Walk into any graduate level computer science classroom, and the story is a little different.

This is not to say that women are bad at their jobs in this field, only that they are fewer in number than men.

>Are you guys even good at coding?
Some of us. Most people here are newbies though. Hence why we see a lot of fizzbuzzing. Those who make it somewhere often don't stick around on Sup Forums for much longer. I stay here because I don't really like anyplace else.

>how many research papers have you written?
Well I'm about to finish up my first one, but it has to do with security, not machine learning.

A pedophile who doesn't act on it is a whole lot better than an actual child rapist. If anything we should be encouraging that. Obviously real CP is off the table due to what's involved in its creation but fake stuff with petite girls, CGI, or drawings hurts nobody and can give otherwise dangerous pedophiles a harmless outlet.

This tweet was either deleted or never made. I have been unable to find it when searching through Kloss' history, nor have I ever seen a proper archive of it.

Either way, the function on the left is a neat trick for computing the inverse square root of a 32-bit floating point number using Newton's method, and has had a few good papers written on it. Here's a decent one:

sites.math.washington.edu/~morrow/336_12/papers/ben.pdf

The function on the right is incorrect for all a, b where a == b && a != 5

>( ( ( equality ) ) )

>I'm at a pretty top CS program
Your first mistake was assuming that the average Sup Forums user is anywhere near that level

Sup Forums is full of /r9k/ retards now

It's called koding.

Wait, so Sup Forums is not a substitute for an actual research university?

Shit, I've been wasting my tuition!

This. OP is actually kind of right, there is a disproportionately large amount of women in data science compared to other tech fields, but they are not the one building the tools and languages, they are using them. Primarily Python and database languages.

This.
Python, as much as I like it, is polluted with trash programmers who need to be pandered to.
That's the double edged sword with easy libraries, you attract the talentless victims.