You nostalgia you lose

you nostalgia you lose,
Sup Forums edition

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fidgeting
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Arent these things from some kickstarter that was up like a year ago? Is this supposed to be ironic?

spotted the grandpa

Beyblades.

these things are so fucking annoying and stupid

these faggot-spinners are dumb as hell, and I do not understand why """people""" are willing to spend any amount of money on them

I don't know what these are, but I bet someone ITT remembers.

>t. hasn't spun one
It is exciting to feel the rotational velocity

they are not really that stupid, but i would not spend money buying one when i can simply make one

You sound like a Linux fag

you sound like a kid

try harder

what are these weird fingerboxes

Pardon, but I'd simply like to interject for one moment. What you're calling Linux, is really, GNU/Linux, or as I simply the other day began to call it, GNU + Linux. Linux is not an OS on its own, but actually another free piece of a fully working GNU system made of service by the GNU core libraries, terminal tools and necessary system components completing a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Quite a few computer users use a subspecies of the GNU system everyday, but do not know of it. Through a strange series of events, the edition of GNU which is broadly applied now is often called "Linux", and many of the users do not know that it is practically the GNU system, created by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people do have it installed, but it is simply a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that gives out the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is a necessary part of an OS, but relies on the rest of the system; it can only function in the shadow of a whole OS. Linux is normally applied in combination with the GNU OS: the whole system is practically GNU with the addition of Linux, or GNU/Linux. All the "Linux" releases are really releases of GNU/Linux.

Tooslow.

Didn't these flip open to reveal monsters? What the fuck were these called?

i don't think you could make one as cheap unless you got a lathe laying around and extra bearings, besides its like 6 bucks

Try One buck on aliexpress

I was so disappointed when I found out this wasn't a die. I love dice.

costed me total of $20 to make three of them, but at least i can have fun for a while and give them away easily as a handmade toy. and i made them out of mdf so if i ever need to warm myself, ill just burn it. knowing if i buy the actual thing, it will ended up somewhere in my drawer and never be played with

Fucking millennials with their stupid "nostalgia" toys

Always wanted a king cob

>digimon
>not being millenial

oh snap GOGOS!!

what is this shit

new copy pasta?

this is how a pen looks like on acid

couldnt we put like, watch batteries in fidget spinners and charge them like that?
how efficient would that be?

>rotational velocity
you mean rotational velocidensity frend

>new

>holding skateboard bearings in your fingers is "exciting"
kek. you kids are fuuuuuuucked

welcome to Sup Forums

t. jealous poorfags who can't afford $1.89 no tax or shipping and haven't spun one

Red is savage

what

Remember few months ago where there were daily fidget toy threads on Sup Forums?
And now there are none since they got popular.

no

This shit takes me WAY back; fond memories. Was I the only kid who had one?

Kek

A game shop here has some with more than six sides.

Ahh, I remember my first fingerbox.

>got my cube some time ago
>tomorrow going to get the spinner

I feel so silly and childish but fuck, these things are actually pretty nice anxiety relief for me yet still allow me to focus on actually doing something else. Combating anxiety wins over hipster neckbear pride.

the cube works great, im a very anxious person and that shit works

2new4me, I never got the ones with paint on them.

but these fucks, nice. I had a nice small bucket full of em. It might still be in my parents house somewhere.

I still build some,with glass,needles that i find in the sandbox and then give it to hospital keds

Windows 8 Developer Preview

Why was it so good?

b-b-but annon it was not.

I still cant believe how stupid 10 year old me was for buying these shits every time I could find a few dollars. They're literally just chunks of plastic. And playing the stupid game just made your finger nails hurt.

Fuck, I hate stallman.

i lose

newfag detected

lol. so dinosaur.

I dunno, all my friends collected them and I thought the designs were fun (I still do). I liked collecting the gogo stickers as well.

The social aspect made them a pretty cool thing, I don't think we ever played the game properly though, we just threw them at other gogos and made up the rules as we went along.

My biggest problems is that I feel some of the sides are going to go shitty pretty quickly with enough fiddling. I guess I'll order a few more from China.

>I don't think we ever played the game properly though, we just threw them at other gogos and made up the rules as we went along.
This.

Autism toy.

> These "fidget toys" are typically intended to help students with autism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fidgeting

And pogs & Magic cards are literally just pieces of paper.

They sucked I played them a lot

>pogs
they really were kind of shitty though

>magic cards
well, there's a proper, complicated game centered around them

gogos were ok, I don't remember how much exactly they cost but I don't think they were ridiculously expensive. even if they were simple, you could probably get like 10-20 of them with the money that could be spend on one action figure - decent play value there.

Finally someone posts Crazy Bones I actually recognise
Amazing toy

somehow i'm reminded of these
i used to have some, but i don't actually remember how they're used

Contributing to this era. Born in 1995, turning 22 tomorrow.

>1995 birthday

Pogs were still a thing in the late 90's early 00's? I remember them going away before that and I'm an 88 birthday.

Did you have AOL or were you a cool kid with Earthlink?

Like these :

It was much older but that was definitely a thing when I was 5-6. Almost forgot :
this was the shit after the pogs. Beyblade, with the cartoon on wednesday

fuck I love those. I still have a fuckton of them around somewhere.

Prodigy.

I only had 2 or 3 of these that I borrowed from the rich kids that had 100s cause my mom wouldn't buy them

Oh my god these were the shit

completely forgot about them

fug I lost

you're probably thinking about mighty max, bro

wonder if this influenced my foot fetish

>"""borrowed"""

fuckin lost

yeah, dumbfuck, they're that cheap if you buy from china and wait 3 weeks.

also, they're actually satisfying to fidget with

they are the fad of our time

they are the pogs of our day

I remember pet rocks

I swear to god there was something like this with neopets.

>faggot spinners
bravo

This thing?

I remember having these and thinking they were cool. Still have no idea why.

I never got into Pogs but my older brother had a bunch.

Snow Leopard was better

sup summer

>Still have no idea why.
Collectibles were the shit in the 90s early 00s. 100% any collection was guaranteed to get you 1mil dorrars according to the media

God shut the fuck up dude

That's literally not Snow Leopard in your image.

I still had them till a couple years ago

After 10 years i own them