Travel Tech

What kind of tech should every Sup Forumsentooman travel with?

I figure Sup Forums would be a better place for this than /trv/ since this thread is specifically about technology (but in a travel context).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=as_pm43IjJQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I want summerfags to leave.

think pad t420, Samsung galaxy 8, SD cards, headphones of your choice and that's it.

Look at all that hipster garbage.

I'm travelling around Southern Africa and I brought my Redmi 1s, Note 2 and 2 extra batteries and a Xiaomi external battery. I also have a Surface RT in my backpack that I carry everywhere. My camera is a Canon S40 with 2 extra batteries.

This is actually kind of a useful thread for me since I'm considering abandoning my family and current life all together and hitting the road.

Also, phone, laptop, battery, headphones, and maybe a knife or a gun. I don't know why you'd really need anything else.

a smartphone so you can always post on facebook!! xPPPPPPPP

That RF window is so fucking ugly.

This is the tech on my packing list (long term backpacker):

>Tablet + charger
>phone (very rarely use this)
>camera + charger + spare battery
>earbuds
>Electric shaver + charger
>universal power adapter

If anyone's wondering, the tablet is a mix plus, the phone is a nexus s, the camera is a d5000.

Together these make up half the weight of my backpack.

Also external hdd, and a headphone splitter.

Plus a watch, used to be f91w, now a fitbit.

>Backup phone (g4play)
>Kindle
>Fuji x70/disposable camera (if the area is dodgy)
>Soundmagic earbuds
>Anker 10000 power bank.

I think taking any more is too much for me.

>Two phones
>3ds
>Tablet
>Two power banks

I hope he's packing for him and his son.

What's bad with tablet? It's convenient for reading books.

Whats wrong with a 3ds. Its much better than mobile gaming

It's big and hardly ideal for reading books. The less time I spend trying to read a glossy screen in the sun or charging an iPad because I brought it along the better.

If it works for this guy fair enough but I always prefer to take my Kindle.

>adult
>gaming

His wife's son probably

If for business or you travel a shit load I understand gaming on the road. Travel can be really boring some times. However if I'm going on holiday I would never game. I'm not spending money to go somewhere to do something I spend way too much time doing already at home. My time traveling is precious, I'm not going to miss things because I was too busy playing vidya.

Damn, I feel for you being a wageslave.

I hope you can get to the point (by retiring) where you can just do what you want without feeling like you are under so much pressure even when you are on holidays.

>dual citizen
>he has to file taxes in two countries every year

>hipster garbage
>literally just a bunch of popular electronic devices organized in rows

You don't have to file taxes in the UK unless you are registered as self employed. I think America is the only country in the world which asks its citizens to continue to pay taxes when they are outside the country.

i have dual citizenship and i only pay taxes in the country i live in

>Wage slave
Such is life in America. I hope to retire as early as I can though.

Save a little and move to Asia ;)

>kindle
>redmi note 3
>power bank
feels good

>Sweating your balls off in a polluted country where it is hot humid summer for ten months in the year whilst ugly chinks shout incomprehensible jibberish at you.

Asia is a big area, in summer go North.

If you hate asians then hang out with expats.

Or be a wageslave cuck for the forseeable future!

As someone who has travelled for over 4 years, the best tech you bring is the one you're prepared to break/lose/get stolen. An old iPod/Phone for music/calls/camera, cheap headphones and a netbook or chrome book will do you fine. If you're a new age (((blogger))) then get a MacBook Air or something of a similar build that will have the battery life to last you. Big fuck off cameras and lenses are a pain, tablets can break and DO BREAK, so would not recommended.

A GoPro is good too, but you don't need a Hero4 Black, just get a session.

Are you a hobo?

Where do you live? I'm thinking of moving to Singapore for work next year.

I'm traveling soon and I am going to bring my One plus 3T, Dell XPS 15, SD cards, USB drives, headphones, hacked vita and 3DS. I think I might put Tails and a linux distro on 2 of my flash drives and attach them to my keychain so I always have them.

>knife or a gun

That's how you get yourself jailed or killed

Uh why would he jailed and how would he get killed when he has weapons to defend himself? Non-americans are so fucking weird.

The rest of the world considers Americans to be weird.

T. Rest of world.

I'm pretty apprehensive about taking my notebook anywhere. It's a fairly expensive one and it's my primary machine. I use a desktop for heavy lifting, but almost everything personal is on my notebook (well, and backups)

I've been debating about getting something "cheap" for around $500 that i can sling into my bag and go places with.

I know it defeats the purpose, but does anyone else have these concerns?

Sorry that freedom is a strange concept to you.

phone, 300dpi e-ink reader, power bank, ThinkPad server at home I can access from phone. That's been enough for me.

>summerfags
Always wondered if this is a real thing.

Why would you only browse a website during summer?

It's more like... they have more time to shitpost rather than being hammered by school and assignments, and our favourite little hive of scum and villainy is sometimes banned.

For convenient computing while on the go, what does Sup Forums recommend? A netbook?

what can you use the surface for? can you run anything on it?

MacBook

13 inch laptop

He said he's bringing a laptop?

Too large.

Tech stuff I took on my Japan trip the other month:
Camera with 3 or 4 lenses, But I got lazy and just used a 17mm wide 90% of the time.
360 Camera
hipstery Holga film camera
Phone.
iPad. Don't know what I would've done without it. Used it for navigation, games, writing, and communications.
Anker 10000mAh battery. Really only used it on the plane as the Shinkansen has outlets I could charge off of during long rides.
Thinkpad x120e that I never once turned on. It sat in the hotel room the whole week. Typical day I'd be out 10am-11pm so no time to really make use of it, and the iPad was way more convenient.

While there we rented a wifi hotspot for when we were out. The hotel had its own wifi, and most large stations or cities had free wifi if you're not security paranoid.

For what purpose are you traveling, and what kind of "computing" do you plan to do?

If your answer to the first isn't "work," then just take a tablet, unless you have a stupidly big phone.
You're going there to enjoy the sights, not write code. A tablet will take care of your email, social media, basic writing, web browsing, and shitposting. Plus it's a nice big screen for maps. Its battery will last most of if not all day, is instant-on, and fits easily into your bag.

Native Union cables are the shit. I have the weighted 10ft and the keychain cable

I started posting here as a chronic summerfag, when school started up you'd just lose interest and then come back during holiday breaks when you have nothing better to do.

>Too large.
youtube.com/watch?v=as_pm43IjJQ

camera (a6000)
phone
surface pro and/or main laptop (msi gs60 pro)
powerbank (sony 5000mah)
both wireless over ear and in ear headphones.

forgot vita and psp as well for the long travel periods.

Surface 3
iPhone 6s Plus
Xiaomi 10Ah Power Bank

The bare essentials:

Macbook Pro with touch bar
iPad Pro
iPhone 7+
Apple Watch
Battery powered vibrator
Apple Airpods (can substitute with Beats by Dre)