Explain this bullshit Sup Forums. Fucking why!?

Explain this bullshit Sup Forums. Fucking why!?

Why don't you change it yourself?

its simple really, just lurk more

not a loonix user but that minus sign usually means to minimize the window.

its open source
fork it and build it differently instead of complaining

Because that's where they're supposed to be on real OSes, like Linux and macOS. Back to Windows 10 you babby.

I don't get it
Those are just your window controls

It's because you're coming from windows, you pleb

default its on the right side, but you changed it in options so you could shitpost and complain on Sup Forums

get a life

borderless is for non-retarded intellectuals

B..but I thought Linux was perfect and that everyone should use it? "Just program your own OS" sounds like pretty far from "perfect" to me.

I actually feel more productive with windows controls at the left, for some reason.

>left and mouse clicks are switched by default in linux
>"why don't you change it"
>"It's because you're used to windows"
>"stop being autistic"

And people say Windows UX designers are retarded pajeets. Linux UX designers are first semester CS students.

Linux != Ubuntu

Perfection only exists relative to the user. The good thing of Linux is that you can mold it to your wants and needs

freedom

>change window controls = program your own OS
Wintoddlers say the darnedest things.

>left and mouse clicks are switched by default in linux
wat?
That basically applies to ALL distros since it's called GNU/Linux

I just figured they did it because left handers are a minority, and they wanted to make them feel more
inclusive by defaulting the controls on the left side.

you mean the window control placement? it's so that pleb mouse users can keep their cursor in one general area of the screen, closer to that left sidebar with application icons

Yes it is one of the few desktops that have it that way by default because unity was inspired by OSX.

Usr ubuntu mate or kubuntu or xubuntu for something more familliar or something that at least allows you to change it

Holy crap!! Got to do all that just to make something the way it should be from the start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No they did it because unity is mac inspired.

I reversed it myself, on XFCE it's the other way around originally.

You can't please everyone with defaults.

>copying someones code and modifying it slightly
>equals programming your own OS
??

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Someone can't see the big picture. It wouldn't make sense on the right. Left is where all the actions take place: there's the global menu, launcher, dash... forcing users to move the mouse across the whole screen just to close a window is retarded.

The right side of a window is more natural for right handed person to move. Fuck lefties.

What's the problem?

>install unity-tweak-tool
>change window control placement
Wow that was hard.

You have obviously changed to some kind of large, high visibility mouse pointer meant for the disabled

Go to settings and see if you can change it back

Stop using Ubuntu
Stop using Unity

Microsoft Windows doesn't have this problem

that's why you pick one of the 1000 distros that is made the way you want it, dumbass
cinnamon + mint is very similar to winshit