Straw Poll Time

How much will top end gaming Vega perform relative to Pascal?

strawpoll.me/13021268

When will gaming Vega be released?

strawpoll.me/13021284

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/xpstcz.mp3
strawpoll.me/13021268
techpowerup.com/reviews/Palit/GeForce_GTX_1050_Ti_KalmX/
youtu.be/tBjx1QYAt1Q?t=6m35s
wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-4-core-benchmarks-intel-core-i7-7700k/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1080 > big vega > 1080ti
September

>
I mean

Hopefully fucking never.
And I hope AMD never ever releases GPUs for the gamer crowd and only releases datacenter/enterprise/professional cards.

But their cards suck and are housefires now, they should only buid APU and CPU

JUST

my.mixtape.moe/xpstcz.mp3

13:00 "Frontier edition .. will ship towards the later half of June"
13:10 "You will see the enthusiast gaming platform ... very soon thereafter"
13:18 "We will be launching Vega across all the market segments over the next couple of weeks"

what's she mean by this?

So instinct and Frontier Edition are different?
What's the difference? Really confusing.

Vega will be the Pascal of the 4k gaming

Instinct cards don't have video outputs, they're accelerators like Tesla.

Frontier edition are more akin to Quadros, there's probably more differences but that's the gist of it.

Instinct - HPC
FE - Workstation/enterprise

>we'll just wait for 6c/12t coffeelake to make sure nobody will build amd system

Coffee Lake S will suck just as hard for 1080p 144hz gaming as Ryzen does. It's going to be like 12% higher single core at best even after OC.

>3.5GHz base clock Intel 6 core at 95W
>something to worry about

Lmao

4c intel already destroying ryzen in many game, sure 6c will perform worse than that.

>he thinks intel 6 cores will clock/OC the same as their 4 cores

It doesn't even need that. Downclocked to 4ghz i7 still outperfrom Ryzen with same clocks. Intel just works better.

Oh no, not 5% higher IPC. For twice the price, too. AMD is doomed now.

>How much will top end gaming Vega perform relative to Pascal?
>strawpoll.me/13021268
Options are ass.

It's likely to be better than the 1080Ti at 4K, especially in newer games (screen space shader heavy), but worse at 1080p at least on older games(more ROP reliant).

Bro .. it says top end gaming, not piddling around with old games in 1080p gaming.

The 4k is better on amd is over, look the 480/1060

>7% difference at 1080p
>gap closes to 4% at 4K
>old ass benchmarks before driver updates
Are you actually so retarded that you post a picture that disproves what you're saying?

I'm just hoping for something around $400 that outperforms a 1070, I have a freesync monitor but a 580 isn't quite cutting it

>Downclocked to 4ghz i7 still outperfrom Ryzen with same clocks

Not sure if bait or...

>old ass benchmarks before driver updates

May 18th, 2017

techpowerup.com/reviews/Palit/GeForce_GTX_1050_Ti_KalmX/

>7% difference at 1080p
>gap closes to 4% at 4K

yes, the pacal is faster @4k

Why are they still using the 4xx series if the 5xx series was out when they made that benchmark?

Oh .. right.

Wait for it

>AMD
Not even once.

Not him but the 480 and the 580 are not the same card?

The 5xx replaces 4xx at the exact same price point.

>worse at 1080p at least on older games(more ROP reliant).

do you realize that modern GPUs are virtually never ROP limited and that other fixed function units are far more likely culprits, namely geometry and rasterization setup?

Even Fiji's 64 Gpix/s is like 7700 colored pixels per second for each pixel on a UHD display, -plus- another 31k depth/stencil tested pixels.

Yeah well...they should use a overclocked 1060 vs the 580 because the 480 is a OC 580...

I voted 1070. feels good to be a realist

You're just stupid, stemming from your inadequate knowledge of hardware, not a realist.

I keep hearing this shit and it's not true, they definitely made some process optimizations there. There's reviewers stating they got better OC out of the 580 on air than they could even get out of the 480 on water. youtu.be/tBjx1QYAt1Q?t=6m35s

I also see that crap about how some idiot flashed a 580 BIOS to a 480 and it worked. Well, no shit it did. It's just like putting an OC on a 480, but that doesn't mean it would be guaranteed stable, and it doesn't mean it would OC to 580 OC levels.

>higher power consumption than 480
>process optimizations

It's the same GPU

ya and a 1070 is just a 980 rebranded

xddd shitposting is so easy

The new process uses less power per watt.
The 4C variant will clock higher than the 7700K at less power.
4ghz 8MB 4C/8T for both systems
16-15-15-35 1T is losing to 16-16-16-35 2T despite 1T often enough to offset 200mhz memory OC.
wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-4-core-benchmarks-intel-core-i7-7700k/
Doubling the cores to 8 barely gets more fps than 4C at 5ghz ( despite better memory OC )

Stop cherrypicking. Most of the benchmarks on that link look like this. Barely any difference. What difference is there is prob. due to Intel specific optimizations.

>The new process uses less power per watt.
And the result of that last time was Skylake to Kabylake, which was basically fucking nothing. 14nm++ is not some miracle cure.

>The 4C variant will clock higher than the 7700K at less power.
Why are you still trying to compare top tier binned Xeons to a consumer i7? You do know what binning is, don't you? (Obviously you don't).