UTox

>uTox
>Free open source p2p chat protocol
>encrypted, private, serverless
>why is nobody using this beautiful piece of work ?

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/privacy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It blabbers metadata of who and when you talk to over plaintext. And it's very bad at accounts. And it's pretty unstable.
Wire lacks 2.5/3 of these problems (it's still unstable but only a lil bit). It's also been audited much more thoroughly.
Just use wire and stop trusting the rest of your life to some faggots on Sup Forums, seriously.

More developed alternatives that dont rely on Sup Forums autists exist. See riot.im

When software makes images like this where the "users" make the software sound so great, immediate nope it's a piece of shit.

> utox is the future
> not a single person like anywhere talks about utox

>privacy
>C
Choose one.

it might not be the best, but right now it a great option, i tried calls and video calls and it worked pretty well

Go back to your shitty C++ clone, rustfag. C is timeless and "insecure code" only happens when you're not focusing well on your code or you literally don't know what you're doing. You can cite like a few famous incidents where C lets vulnerabilities pass, but why are you blaming the language and not the programmer? After all, C is limitless, the point of a programming language is not to write programs for you, but for you to state CLEARLY what you want and expect the output to be how you stated it. I forget that kikes like you are also the people pushing awful, bloated and unstable JS electron shit to the top.

the internet took the wrong path, we shouldnt let a few companies control everything we do on it fuck google and facebook

Tox general?

I gave it up already.

qTox master race

I have no one to talk to :(

does that guy who used tox money to pay for his studies still manages their finances?
is the main protocol implementation still something which only author can understand?

Is this nigger using a spin-lock?

Because Discord exists.

Poorly written and designed. Wish it wasn't, but it's shit.

Anyone use RicochetIM? What do you think of it? So far it seems really promising.

When are group chats going to work? It's been like two fucking years.

yea tox isnt too bad
but I see no reasons where its better than IRC

Metadata has been onion routed for literal years

>everything in cleartext
>chat history being sold to advertisers

G-g-great chat client, user

>>chat history being sold to advertisers
Prove it.

>free app in 2017 with deep facebook and google integration, among others
>"THERE'S NO WAY THEY WOULD SELL MY INFORMATION!!!"

That's you.

"Aggregated or Non-identifiable Data: We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others for business purposes."

" Advertisements: You may see our Service advertised in other applications or websites. After clicking on one of these advertisements and installing our Service, you will become a user of the Service. We may share information with the advertising platforms, which include Twitter and Facebook (and whose SDKs are integrated within our Service).

Our Services currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals and operate as described in this Privacy Policy whether or not a DNT signal is received, as there is no consistent industry standard for compliance."

discordapp.com/privacy

>trusting your privacy to a bunch of developers that willfully ignore crypto errors

yeah, nah.

cuz wire is better

I'll rather use irc and one time pads

>Leaks your IP to the person you're chatting with
Not private at all.

because discord has emojis

Quads confirm

because my friends and i use telegram

its not the most secure but i trust Vladimir over zuckberg

【matrix】+ 「Riot」 is better not fuck off to matrix.org fag

This, qTox for life.

Join Club Cyberia public chat, there's always people.

Weak bait.

imagine still pretending tox will take off

Isn't this the chat client Sup Forums made?

Did you guys ever finish deciding on a logo?

Does it do voice and video, including groups? No? fuck off then.

It does tho?

O-ok
but it's not distributed. Checkmate!

I feel like I'm missing something but I see no option to join public chats.

No, but it's decentralized. It provides better stability, offline messaging and bots. Full distribution is nice but decentralization is more practical.

>to much of a cuck to join next gen irc
>easy to use gui,encryption, screenshare, voice and video, bot integration, slack intigration,irc integration,groups.

Depends. Distributed means you don't need to figure out a hosting solution, especially since a wrong choice compromises one, or many of, reliability, security and privacy.

How is the encryption model by the way? Is it a multiparty distributed key (k-of-n) or is it client-server? The former, if properly implemented, would almost make up for the drawbacks. The latter exacerbate them.

In general decentralized is more convenient, but I definitely agree distributed networks are useful too. I'm trying to convert normies and like running my own server so riot it is.

Every client generates own keys, and each message is encrypted with every key you verify. Obviously client-server exists too. E2E encryption is off by default right now though.

Doesn't that mean the server has to store k messages for each message sent to a channel of k total users?

I think just the size of the message increases, not number of messages. There's no other way to do this, no? Same thing happens when you use gpg to encrypt a message for multiple recipients I think. Security comes at a small efficiency cost.

no
maybe

because its fucking gay and so are you

Not him, but that's literally why I don't use it. Since OP was asking why people don't use Tox and all.

I'm using it... For some reason people don't though. I guess as technologically sophisticated as Sup Forums tries to present itself as, they just see the somewhat basic UI and ignore it.

This

>written in C
DROPPED. C is an unsecure pile of trash

you're an unsecure pile of trash

Not an argument, NSA

>not serverless
into the trash it goes

You're right, C is an unsecure pile of trash.
>2017
>he uses an operating system written in... oh wait minute.

>use any language that claims to be safer than
>all libraries are just bindings to already existing C libraries
>standard library probably calls to glibc
Yeah fuck off

That's why it could instead use k-of-n encryption. That doesn't have this drawback.

Had to look wtf that was up, but you're just referring to key splitting. This has nothing to do with data encryption so please read up on the subject. It's used when you want k of n (you got this part right) people to be able to come together and reveal some secret. Often used when you, say, take your password manager password and split it and give parts to people you trust. In the event of your death, if enough people come together they can get your password back and shut down your online accounts, for example. Please tell me how this would apply to a chatroom. Need 5 of 20 participants to be online for anyone to be able to read the messages?

Go read up on crypto 101 if you have to ask that question.

Great non answer meant to make it look like you know what you're talking about

>>>/reddit/ where ignorance and retardation are king.

>stop trusting the rest of your life to some faggots on Sup Forums, seriously.
/thread

>C is timeless
topkek

quadruple confirmation

Unlike most internet arguments, you can actually win this one by giving a summary of how it can be used or providing source links.I'll be waiting. Smug attitude will get you nowhere :^)

>>>/reddit/ and don't come back. Ignorance is not allowed on Sup Forums.

Still waiting until thread 404s. I'll admit I'm wrong if you can shut me down :^)

>inb4 here's a 100 page article now go fish for the answer
>inb4 i don't have time to teach kids like you

So is this like a modern AIM but you don't have to have any personally identifiable data tied to you like in every other goddamn messaging system these days?

Yeah, like Discord

you are so wrong if you think that discord doesnt save and sell your data son

i actually do 0.9.7 is actually the best version

the problem with anything higher is, they are all buggy for me and my friends
and noone else seems to have this problems

>All C operating systems are unsecure pieces of shit
No wonder