Could you give me tips to study abroad in England

I'm Japanese who be going to go on to university in England.
Are there any advices for studying abroad?

Other urls found in this thread:

japantimes.co.jp/news/2014/08/29/national/science-health/therapy-offer-japanese-struggling-adjust-life-u-k/#.V1hpuPkrLIU
ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/コックニー
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

stay in japan. europe is for white people

Don't live in london, or you will be in for a wild ride.

Go to America or Australia instead, it's safer and probably a better experience.

t. Bong who moved with dad to America

and don't forget north america, south america, south africa, anz, antarctica, russian far east

Acquire enough English skills (at least B2). If not, you can't even keep up with lectures, and people would laugh at you

I've got the score to apply to university, but is it hard to understand native speakers speak?

英語をもっと練習するのが第一だ。
ほかには:
ヨーロッパには外食が日本よりお金がかかるので、作りやすい洋食の料理を調べて。
もう、他の日本人の留学生を会ってみて。時々自分の言語を話せることが気を静めるんだ。
最後に、是非いろいろ大学以外の生活をして。サークルとかを入って、同じ興味の人と会って、寂しくなくなれ。
頑張ってね!

do every white people discriminate against asian people?

Thank you!
Your Japanese is very well, do you study Japanese?

まだ会話の経験がなければ、はじめにかなり難しいんだ。イギリスにあまり日本語をしゃべる人がないので、少し困ってることだかも知れない。
いつも友達がお互いを少しいじめてる。「bantz」というんだね。じゃあ、アジア人なので、それも多分いじめの話題になると思う。でも気にしないで、いつも同じような冗談で返答して。
ありがとう!自習で日本語を習ってるが、大学で医学を勉強してる。

>I'm Japanese
stopped reading right ther

what's wrong with you?

Knife Bins are too small for your katana. So you should probably leave it as home.

bugger off and never came back.

Even if you can write and read English sentences, you can't necessarily speak and listen to it. Fortunately, there are some English podcasts without fee. Just get used to English.

If he was a gaijin in Japan, he wouldn't ask that. Because the gaijins stay to work or study in Japanese college/university.

素晴らしいアドバイスをありがとうございます。
RPなら理解できるけど、訛りが強い人と話すのは未だに大変です。
お互いに勉強頑張りましょうね!

割りとBBCなんかで使われてる英語は聞き取れるんですけど、早口で話されたり訛りの強い人とだとなかなか上手く聞き取れない感じです(しかも留学先は北部)。
確かに便利なツールがたくさんあるので、それを使うのもいいですね。
アドバイスありがとうございます!

こちらこそ!
大学にはあまり訛りの強い人がいないと思うが、イギリスの英語がアメリカの英語と少し違ってるね。
今までアメリカ風の英語を勉強したと思うので、少しイギリスの英語の発音を聞いて、機会があればイギリスに行く前に日本に住んでるイギリス人と話してみて。
イギリスを楽しんでください!もう是非オランダに来てくださいね。

スコットランドとアイルランドの訛りは特に聞き取りづらいぞ。

日本人が興味を持っている国は、主にアメリカ、イタリア、イギリス、フランス、そしてドイツ。
オランダはそれらよりも人気ないかもな。

you haven't the right to deside on it.

ありがとうございます!
いつかオランダ行ってみたいです!
イングランド北部なんで結構苦労しそうな予感がします。

If you get in trouble, find her.
japantimes.co.jp/news/2014/08/29/national/science-health/therapy-offer-japanese-struggling-adjust-life-u-k/#.V1hpuPkrLIU

Good for you if you could afford the tuition! I did one year of A level in bristol before fuck all and going to united states cuz it was cheaper

It's not hard to understand people at all unless you never studied in a english school before. Americans has way more difficult pronounciations.

Remember to take banter well and don't only stick to your japanese peers and you'll be fine

イングランドは、コックニーの話者が多いな。
コックニーでは、todayを[to die]、paper を[pie per]と発音する。

詳しくはこちら
ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/コックニー

thanks for your great tips!

it's interesting column.

i dont know man, in your place i would stay as far as possible from europe. you never know when someone bombs something. kinda the same with america, but lesser possibility. i wouls suggest staying in japan, it has atleast some fun culture and doesnt have to bother with this muslim stuff here.

Although uni is in north east, are there threat of terrorism?

You should be fine there are as both university staff and people are very friendly to foreigners (at least in my experience).

Depending on the region you might have slight dialect differences to adjust to, but that would probably be no problem if you can understand most of what's said on Sup Forums anyway.

How North East to are you talking? Scotland?

north east england.
did you have any serious trouble while you lived in England?

The only real problem was with the city council due to their HMO laws. More than 3 unrelated people cannot live together without an HMO license.

I've just finished my 4 years in Scotland about half a month ago. When I arrived I couldn't understand the Scottish dialect much, but about a week in I got used to it. The university student-staff helped understand the local region, where the shops are and what's the cheapest one etc.

The people are pretty nice, everyone says sorry for minor things. I accidentally wanted to turn around because a guy was shouting and hit him with my elbow to the solar plexus and he apologised for the surprise.

but that's just my experience and yours might be very different

I see.
It seems that I should consult with uni's stuff when I have any trouble.
maybe I won't understand what local people say first, so I'll try to do my best to get used to understanding it.
thanks for your great advices!

Try checking if there's a facebook group for the freshmen of your course. It's sometimes useful. Also finding local communities within the town.
There were at least three Lithuanian facebook communities where I was.

I've got a silly question for you as well. What's the chance of a foreigner with a 1st class in computer science getting a job in jp? I want to get away from this country, thinking of looking at the UK and JP.

North east?

My God.... not Hull. Tell me it's not Hull.

you really need to practice listening to native speakers a lot, especially educational podcasts, or else lectures will fuck you up

go to the gym so you aren't skinny boy tier, its not as acceptable in anglo world as it is in japan

also don't be the asian exchange student that only stays within the asian exchange student bubble

>look I'm a racist faggot but I'll go to a foreign country
Kill yourself gook.

It's probably Durham.
>go to the gym so you aren't skinny boy tier, its not as acceptable in anglo world as it is in japan
Sounds like an American thing 2bh. You won't get mocked for being skinny here, unless you look like a famine victim.

Though I can't ensure my opinion(cos I'm still 18 years old),I suppose If you can speak English fluently and use business level Japanese, you will get a job in Japan.
Many global companies in Japan are looking for global person. So there are opportunities to get a job in Japan for foreigners.

thanks for your tips
I will try to talk to native speakers as possible I can.

not Durham.
I don't look like that. If anything I'm worried about my height. I'm about 170cm(5.6feet)tall and is it ordinary height in England?

what if I say "Hull"?

definitely short, be prepared for bants. I think average male height is 5'11

turns out it's 5'9 according to google

170cm is quite small but I am about 170cm too and I never got bullied for it, not at university anyway.

I will rape you JAPAN

I'm glad to hear that. :)

you're lacking in rudimentary intelligence

>what if I say "Hull"?
Rough as fuck, a real shit hole.

haha, university that I go on to isn't in Hull.

Just don't, unless you can enroll in a good university. England is shit.

rude

Don't say that.

Newcastle?

sorry. I want you to respect my personal informations. but aroud there.

No problem, I hope your studies go well.

Thank you ;)