AlphaGo vs Ke Jie

Google's AI is back to finish off what it started. This week it will be playing three games against world's number one ranked Go player Ke Jie. If you enjoy watching robots humiliate humans, tune in on 10.30 UTC+8 (3.5 hours from now) for the first game.

events.google.com/alphago2017/

Other urls found in this thread:

futurism.com/googles-new-ai-is-better-at-creating-ai-than-the-companys-engineers/
youtube.com/watch?v=R5bVQD080YY
goratings.org/en/
youtube.com/channel/UCP7jMXSY2xbc3KCAE0MHQ-A
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-HL5nppBnM
ibtimes.com/googles-deepmind-artificial-intelligence-could-next-take-starcraft-2334630
live2.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv298444014
twitter.com/AnonBabble

futurism.com/googles-new-ai-is-better-at-creating-ai-than-the-companys-engineers/

This is only the beginning. Singularity or skynet, here we come.

Nice

thx, will watch it

Cool, I was just listening to this.

youtube.com/watch?v=R5bVQD080YY

Please tell me he's not doing commentary. Oh god please.

Here is a more detailed schedule.

Michael Redmond 9p, Hajin Lee 4p, and Stephanie Yin 1p. No Garlic, thank God.

can any Go people chime in, how much better is Ke Jie than the other top player alphago beat? I'm not really into Go but I will tune in

Him and the last guy are miles ahead of the first guy.

But yeah he's pretty similar to the last guy. I don't expect the outcome to be much different

Ke Jie is currently the best player in the world. Lee Sedol is past his prime but still a top player, so not very far from Ke Jie.
goratings.org/en/

yoooo fucking finally

when's SC2?

I guess Google didn't want an actual Go tournament.

There was talk last time of Go playing like the Top 10/20 Go players in the round in a single tournament but I guess Google doesn't want to do that.

I heard the Japanese playing style is different from the Chinese/Korean playing style of Go.

Is that true?

Yes. They play like shit.

AlphaGo played 60 games online on Tygem/Fox against top pros. It went 60-0. They were fast games, but still, close enough to that idea.

I hate this so much
Am I a conservative retard

Yeah, a bit. They have 0 incentive to play internationally right now since their domestic tournaments have higher prize pools, and go is declining in popularity there whereas it is stable/grew a bit in China and Korea, so the Japanese suck right now. They do give some really interesting games, and Iyama Yuta plays an insane style, though.

where can I find the commentary??? which YT channel?

This.

close enough

The American Go Association should have it, or the Deepmind youtube channel.

Next up arm wrestling contest between worlds strongest man 2017 and a steam press the size of a server farm

Alpha go should be forced to use wattage of human brain; hardware size of human brain and have time limit

Stream will be here once it starts.

youtube.com/channel/UCP7jMXSY2xbc3KCAE0MHQ-A

This is actually a pretty good idea.

I want the official channel.

so the most advanced AI is playing board games instead of doing something useful.

Why? The wattage of the human player's brain isn't limited, why should the computer's be?

>implying
we still don't know if the real top humans can actually be beaten.

still nothing :( not even a scheduled event... hmmmmmm

The purpose of this is to make computers think of solutions humans would never think of, though, either due to bias or lack of time since humans can be distracted by their needs like food and sleep.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z-HL5nppBnM
it's just unlisted right now

None of them stand a chance. AlphaGo will win every simgle match in this event.

Bruh, he did lose one game in the last set. Your analogy is wack.

>when's SC2?

This.

Enough board game bullshit. It's still basically a TI89 compared to what is required for StarCraft

What, yes it's

its bruteforcing a board game this shit is pointless.

It has beaten top pros already, and I've seen its matches, it's not even close.

Wow you're saying a dataset of millions of games and slope Optimization can barely beat an animal at a board game lol

but it isn't bruteforcing, I learn from past games not from just trying every move
yes

>bruteforcing
Except you're a retard who has no clue what he's talking about. Bruteforcing go is literally impossible.

Neural networks are insultingly simple math; it's not magic and it's not psychology

okay you 1p big guy.

well I did it to your wifes daughter last night. oh snap

so go rent some AWS and do it yourself

much more interested in seeing it play a game with real time control and fog of war like StarCraft 2

You can't log every possible move in Go like you can with chess. That's the whole reason they're playing it.

The computer has to think and react many moves in advance, not just pull victory map number 8756874 that uses the current snapshot.

You can't do that in chess either.

You actually can and there are multiple StarCraft 1 ai competitions.

Exactly, it would allow people to understand the limitations of ai alot more

chess is far easier to potentially solve due to the removal of pieces as the game progresses

but yes, you can't log every move from the start

Can't fucking wait to see that smug chink faggot cry.

Chinks don't have feelings.

>current year of ai and robocops
>still playing ancient board games
>not playing decent video games

I won't be surprised when the AI insurrection happens. Can you imagine how it feels to play the same retarded board game over and over during your whole life as AI? poor things, seriously.

Come to think of it, why hasn't Blizzard created a PvP AI yet? with all the combat logs they can use, there's plenty of data.

Google is apparently looking at starcraft for deepmind's next challenge.

ibtimes.com/googles-deepmind-artificial-intelligence-could-next-take-starcraft-2334630

>The wattage of the human player's brain isn't limited
uh

>Please tell me he's not doing commentary. Oh god please.
You got two English options. The AGA youtube Channel or Deep Mind Youtube Channel.

I wish there would be a Chinese live stream but it seems some politician killed that. The only Chinese broadcast would be delayed in order to allow editing and censorship.

Nicovideo has the Japanese option but not any good for anyone who doesn't speak the language.

Rather than SC, I was thinking of WoW, using AI for duels for example, imagine 2 holy pally AI fighting each other.

I've never played SC but I've seen the tournaments before, is it really so complicated to create an AI for SC though? There're some good AI in many strategy games already, including Wc3 (I played this one a lot).

>I want the official channel.
Deep Mind is the actual company subsidiary of Alphago. Can't get more official than that.

SC does have a lot of strategy involved. In theory because SC is real time the computer should have an obvious advantage but human players are unpredictable. Force instance if a human player picks up their whole base and moves to a different location then the computer might not know how to react to that. They could then build several bases to confuse the computer and then overwhelm them by amassing units.

>Force instance
For instance*

>I wish there would be a Chinese live stream but it seems some politician killed that. The only Chinese broadcast would be delayed in order to allow editing and censorship.
I just got more "unofficial offical" announcements about China. Basically any and every instance of the match cannot be broadcasted live in anyway by anyone in China. This include any kind of streaming.

This is as usual, not written down. It is just orders from above and you are expected to follow it, without having to admit the rules exist. Disobey and you will get shut down and dragged off for undisclosed reasons. China is being China.

Coverage starts in 30 minutes. Probably starts with an opening ceremony.

games have done AI for forever without any of this bull. WoW will never get any, just because it isn't marketable.

I don't care as long as I can get my fidget spinners on time.

I think that the program implies a half hour intro.

Can you imagine the computer power needed to play Invoker while being flamed in at least 3 languages, russian, BR and spanish? Dota 2 will be the last frontier for these advanced narrow AIs.

>Can you imagine the computer power needed to play Invoker while being flamed in at least 3 languages, russian, BR and spanish? Dota 2 will be the last frontier for these advanced narrow AIs.
Well the interesting thing with MOBAs is that it is a team sport. So would you test it by having separate AIs per hero, or have the other heroes controlled by humans?

Imagine an AI trained to deal with human team mates, and even communicate with them to win. That is definitely close to the perfect AI.

And yet AlphaGo is the first one to beat a decently skilled human player in history, so it's obviously not that simple

Did they cheat and program it to beat a certain person just like deep blue was programmed..?

The AI is supposed to learn from players, if you use that strategy once, the AI might use it sometime later in the future to its advantage.

Starts in 4 minutes, finally. I hope the introduction won't take too long.

TWO MINUTES

I don't think it learns on the fly for these games. It uses a set in stone neural network that is tested to be stable. It doesn't react to what happens on a game by game basis in these series.

Imagine if that gold master edition of starcraft was leaked.

LATE

I'm still not sure if that was even legit. It might have just been some viral marketing crap

First game starts in 20 minutes?

ONE MINUTE

They couldn't hire anyone who actually knew how to speak English?

HERRO AN WELCOME TO ARFA GHO

oh yes they paired the autist with a cute akward girl

Don't be mean to the cute chinese lady.

that giant go board in the background is turning me on

holy shit
they're already calling it master

>holy shit
>they're already calling it master
That's because it was called Master during the New Year 60 to 0 massacre online.

>the joke

Also, I have decided to watch the Nicovideo broadcast because it is the only one that allows comments.

post link

>post link
live2.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv298444014

Link?

can google not afford more than a 15 second loop of stock music?

THE ECHO

it's okay they just doubled it up

30 SECS

oh god now its doubled what the fuck

goddamn chinese cant get their shit to work