>do the report
>talk to him about the assignment
"Yeah it works now pretty well"
>didn't mention anything about the load_file function
>look through his code
>it's fucking impeccable, solid stuff
>do the report and submit it

Am I an asshole? Or is he an asshole?

I remember when I met someone who was BETTER than me. Glad it doesnt happen often
>your partner probably thinks you are stupid btw
>also matlab is gay

If you want something done right, you do it yourself. I worked with my college's valedictorian and he would often do the same thing. Our group still helped but he often did the brunt of the work.

>your partner probably thinks you are stupid btw
He probably does, and I feel that this has put a bit of a strain on our friendship

>also matlab is gay
No disagreeing with that

I hate when those gay faggots rush before you. You feel retarded and bad and usually there is no communication involved. I only go ahead and do another one's part if it is starting to look like he won't make it in time or if he ignores me.

Just adding: do not do another one's part and finish it fucking one week before. If it comes to that it should be clutch. If you want, do it alone and keep it to yourself and, if times come, you show "no problem I already did it thinking you were gonna bail on me :)".

It's a hell of a lot better than them doing nothing.

>be me
>senior design, grouped with 4 people (5 of us total)
>none of my groupmates know shit
>they casually sit back and let me do all the work
>"hey user are you gonna be in the lab working on the project?"
>"yeah"
>"great! let me know how that goes. I'll see you next week :^)"
>3 days before we are to submit the project, knowing damned well I have been working on this all semester:
>"oh shit user you worked on all of this by yourself we feel bad now! Is there anything we can help you with? :^) "
I verbally assaulted some group mates and now I have very little friends in the department. But fuck them.

wait, how long was the timeline for this project? it was a multiweek project and you were only going to do a file loading function?

maybe he thought you were just retarded since thats like a 15 minute job?

It was around 5 weeks, and the file loading function was pretty fucked since it had to do a lot of pruning and matlab is a pretty shit language to do it in.

But still, the function wasn't much work compared to the rest of it. I just wanted to do something

I did this too and it was always because I thought the people I was working with were complete morons. Never had any friends in uni so I don't know if that changes the dynamic.

I wish my group project members were similar to this guy. Mine always disappeared for weeks and I wouldn't be sure if they would get their stuff done. No you're not an asshole. The guy just probably had shitty group members in the past and was sick of it.

>>be me
>>second year MATLAB class
>>I love the language and completely understand its uses
>>get perfect results on labtests
>>doing extremely well
>>first assignment, groupwork
>>form a group with a guy that I've been friends with for a while
>>assignment is due in a week, I knock it out in a few hours
>>open the git repo
>>my partner hasn't done a fucking thing
>thefuck.jpg
>>ask him about it
>"Yeah I wanted to talk more about the project, maybe you could help me?"
>>met up, did report together, I shouted lunch
>>felt like an asshole
>>got an excellent mark for it

>second assignment comes up
>within the day it was released I've already done 40% of it
>my low IQ partner tells me that he's going to do the load_file function
>I says okay
>have a look at project again, week before deadline
>he still hasn't done the fucking load_function
>do the report without him
>talk to him about the assignment
"Yeah I was gonna do it eventually, but I guess you already took care of it haha"
>didn't mention anything about the load_file function
>look through his code
>it's fucking embarrassing, low quality stuff
>do the report and submit it

woah that's crazy! What are the odds that both you and your partner go on Sup Forums?

>3 person project for an java/android class
>making android app that uses fitbits API
>want the data to be displayed in a circular graph similar to googles timer app from android nougat
>there are literally 5 billion 3rd party packages you can import to do this in 5 seconds
>a guy volunteered to handle the UI since he wanted to do "UX" when he graduated
>check in on him, instead of using a 3rd party package he wrote it from scratch as an extension of the default view package
>4,000 lines of code to do something he could have done better with a package
>ask him wtf was he thinking
>oh ive never done android i didnt know you could use packages like that

And he probably knows how to program 10x better than you. Bet your the same type of student that complains about having to write your own tree searches and other algorithms because MUH LIBERRIES

Then why didn't you do it in the 4 weeks you had?

because I had other shit on you dumbfuck

If you had to work throughout your whole career with idiots who never do their work for assignments you start to do it yourself instead of hoping that they eventually maybe do it.

not sure why you´d see him as an asshole?
you wanted to do more in the assignment?
why not do it independently? not everything has to be an assignment to be a learning experience

nigga if he gets a real job and spends weeks writing his own shit when he can just import an open/unprotected one, hes gonna get fired really fast

he was an autistic so im not doubting he had real programming skills though, his github log would randomly show 12-16 hours in a single day and then go cold for a few days and then another 16 hours. it looked unhealthy as fuck

>why not do it independently
Forced to work in groups, lecturer didn't let us work by ourselves

And you think your partner didn't?

He has no other friends, no job, or hobbies

I work full time to put myself through uni. I have friends and go out. It's not the best scenario but I do what I can.

>I feel that this has put a bit of a strain on our friendship
why?
are you unable to accept that you are worse at something?
or is he parading in front of you telling you that you are dumb?

I doubt you know the guy at all. You really are an asshole OP.

He just hasn't said anything about it. I think he feels that I am useless and non-cooperative.

no, i meant
why don´t you do the the assignment for yourself even if it´s already completely done by him.
there is no law that prevents you from doing work outside of specific assignments

>5 weeks to "work" on a load file function in a common language that you could literally google and find someone else that did it or copy+paste
>doesnt even do it

lmao dont you think its time for you to just drop out of this major? i dont think its for you.

>and go out
I'm sorry, but you're in college to learn and earn the degree. Not piggyback on your classmates so you can get a free ride. But it'll just bite you in the ass in the real world.

i see this certainly clarifies what type of person you are

i give you a revolitionary concept here so listen closely
you can

wait for it

postpone things like friends and hobbies for some time while you finish your assignment you lazy asshole

normie OP getting roasted

>working on a final project with partner
>she hasnt contributed to the github in 21 days
>figure shes just going to take the class again next quarter, since the professor shes fucking is teaching it then
>just making small contributions every week, so she doesn't say any stupid shit to me. i dont care if I pass the class or not, I'm just filling up my schedule.
>suddenly get a text from her that we need to get it together and finish this thing
>meet up with her and discuss the project
>24 days and still no contributions from her

Neither one of you is assholes.
He just wanted to get his shit done (and/or he genuinely enjoyed doing the work), and you were reasonable with your starting time (assuming these were small assignments).

It's probably b8 but it's nice to pretend I'm telling off my shitty group members who seemed to think this way.

do you know if she actually knew how to use github?

i graduated with my CS bachelors a few weeks ago and i shit you not, there are tons of people in my senior level classes that didnt know how to use github, or didnt know how to commit without erasing everything. i had people going on github and ctrl+a'ing everything and replacing it with their own shit. it was horrific. no one knew that they could just make their own branches to hold their work so there was basically no contribution logs from anyone since they were afraid of commiting over the master

>i graduated with my CS bachelors
Ey my dude, me too. Grats! Not the person you were replying to.

However, I was in the same situation. I am not git guru but every group project I would try to get my group onto some form of source control but inevitably it fell through. The one time it KINDA worked was my senior project but the Afrikaan dude wouldn't actually commit or pull from out remote. So whenever we'd get his shit, it's be a pain in the ass to set up the test server for the other devs. Still got an A in the course though.

Yeah, you're a dick. I was going to defend you a bit saying that it's not that usual for someone to do the entire coding project themselves since for some people who have been coding a long time, beginner CS projects are 1/10 the work compared to people who only just started coding, but I think what actually happened was that your "friend" knew you'd bail and did it himself anyway.

I know that feel.

>guy with a real tallent is going to be bad at beeing a codemonkey.
No. And pajeets are going to steal your job, not his.

This is when the partner should have turned in the GIT blame to the professor and you should have gotten zero credit