Convince me to go AMD for my next build

Convince me to go AMD for my next build.

Ryzen is the only one worth getting, FX is too expensive for the price and Phenom is too old and expensive.

Ryzen or i9 Xenons if you think you need the tippity top performance and are willing to pay 400% more for that margin.

If you are a heavy multitasker, stream games or render 3D/video/etc. you will definitely notice the difference MOAR CORES can make.

I'll wait for zen+

But get it if you want more cores meme

1600 + RX 580 is god-tier.

>Convince me to go AMD for my next build.

Why?

Intel uses jewish dick cheese for their TIM.

i've embraced the repill op and you should too. its good.

I have a 1600x 4.1ghz with an rx480. I'm very very happy with my purchase.

intel uses sockets for like 2 years now, so you'll need a new motherboard in a few years when you want to upgrade (unless it's to a faster CPU of the same socket).

AMD says they will use the Ryzen sock until 2020 at least.

I see icons on a desktop. I am now #niggertriggered

It makes OCd 7700Ks more elite as they require a delid to keep plebs from having fast chips.

Ask me how I can tell this PC belongs to a Reddit user.

kek

Because it actually has some semblance of aesthetic?

More because of all the "I'm such a nerd XD" pop culture crap cluttering it up.

It makes you a special snowflake for "rebelling" against "the man" (bigger, eviler corporations). Also the colors are red and black for maximum edge.

>some semblance of aesthetic
If you're blind, sure very "aesthetic".
>No symmetry at all except for speakers
>headphones hidden behind screen
>neon green combined with orange and blue feature inside.

This has to be made by someone who would be illegal to fuck their ass.

>Underage tripfags

Don't bully red

>Putting CPU stickers on your case
>those LEDs
>Hanging a soundcard and whatever the fuck else
>nuka cola
>Stupid fucking mug
>falling for the soundblaster meme
>DS games
>star wars shit
>san diego
you take dick on the regular
Shitty build
Shitty setup
Virgin desk
Virgin life

Nothing to do with AMD, you're a faggot, distance yourself from them because you taint their name by being such a fag

Everybody hates you
On and off tripfag, keep your trip on or turn it off permanently

>defending a tripfag nobody likes

ryzen seems decent, for now. don't know what intel has in the future or how far amd can push future ryzen releases with higher clocks etc. but yeah ryzen is decent right now.
radeon is pretty much dead tho. the 580 was insanely underwhelming (2% faster than the 1060 on average with a higher price because of price gouging) and even adoredtv aka captain shill is saying vega is basically doa.

just get a 1600 +1070 now or wait 8 months if your current pc is fine and see how ryzen+ goes up against the new intel offerings and also vega vs volta. i wouldn't wait any longer than 8 months though otherwise it becomes the Just Wait meme.

>you take dick on the regular
>Virgin

>tripfag nobody likes
only you img_xxxx now fuck off

Intel is the blue pill. AMD is the red pill. It's your choice.

You're a massive fagget so you should use equipment that lets other fags know you're ready to smash.

It depends. Do you enjoy having to wait anywhere from weeks to months for a hotfix so you can boot the game without crashing instantly? Do you enjoy having to micromanage every single little thing all the time, as well as compensate for your hardware manufacturer's shortcomings? Do you hate a plug and experience? Do you enjoy inconsistent performance across the board? Do you like decade old bugs that are never addressed such as the the mouse cursor one? Do you enjoy shitting on the street?

If you answered yes, then go full AMD.

>I have no idea what a new architecture launch looks like: The post.

>Do you enjoy having to wait anywhere from weeks to months for a hotfix so you can boot the game without crashing instantly?
Gamedevs being lazy fucks and not testing properly is AMD's fault?
>Do you enjoy having to micromanage every single little thing all the time, as well as compensate for your hardware manufacturer's shortcomings? Do you hate a plug and experience? Do you enjoy inconsistent performance across the board?
Welcome to new architecture launches. Pretty much all issues have been sorted out by now, by the way. It's been three months now.
>Do you like decade old bugs that are never addressed such as the the mouse cursor one?
The only posts I can even find on this are from last year, related to RX 480 and a specific driver.
>Do you enjoy shitting on the street?
Do you want to fuck off back to Sup Forums? OMG the top guy on AMD's Radeon team is Indian guess that means the entire company is LOL POO even though they're pretty much based in the US. Kill yourself.

>Gamedevs being lazy fucks and not testing properly is AMD's fault?

Everyone else's fault, but AMD I suppose.

>Welcome to new architecture launches. Pretty much all issues have been sorted out by now, by the way. It's been three months now.

Pcie passthrough is fixed, or is it still a shitty unstable workaround?

>Do you want to fuck off back to Sup Forums?

The moment you get your ass back to r/gay4amd

>OMG the top guy on AMD's Radeon team is Indian guess that means the entire company is LOL POO even though they're pretty much based in the US. Kill yourself.

Didn't know that they where squatshitting in the U.S. now. Good to know will watch where I step.

Go to hell.

>Pcie passthrough is fixed, or is it still a shitty unstable workaround?
Nobody cares about this except the 0.1% of Linux users not dual booting already.
>The moment you get your ass back to r/gay4amd
>Didn't know that they where squatshitting in the U.S. now. Good to know will watch where I step.
So, you have nothing but useless shitposting. Thanks for showing everyone reading this thread that nothing you say should be paid attention to, at all.

>Nobody cares except

There's too many issues that amdfags are claiming that "nobody cares about except". They are really all stacking the fuck up aren't they.

>So, you have nothing but useless shitposting.

Not enjoying your plebbit vacation are we.

>Thanks for showing everyone reading this thread that nothing you say should be paid attention to, at all.

Being a complete faggot the post.

>There's too many issues that amdfags are claiming that "nobody cares about except". They are really all stacking the fuck up aren't they.
Yep all those other issues that you .. didn't post? Even more proof you're a useless anti-AMD shitposter, yay.

>Everyone else's fault, but AMD I suppose.
Yeah, I'm sure AMD can force game devs to fix their shit. You think they're some sort of omnipotent force and at the same time they suck at everything. Retard.

>Yep all those other issues that you .. didn't post? Even more proof you're a useless anti-AMD shitposter, yay.

PCI-E passthrough. Start with this one.

Then even though I'm completely tired of this dead horse let's touch on non GPU bottlenecked gaming. Even though le-ryzen not for games.

Actually just skip the gaming, because I really couldn't give two shits about it since this isn't Sup Forums.

I care about VM, and I'm pissed off that this garbage CPU is complete shit for it.

AMD could make a better CPU though which they didn't. Single core is similar per clock to haswell... can't use as a VM.

Who was AMD's target market for these CPUs? Was it for people who only use handbrake, and WinZip?

It's pretty simple:

1600x trades blows with the 7700k in most games, does better in virtually everything else outside gaming, and costs $123 less.

Instead of buying a 7700k that gives you maybe 5% more fps on average (with worse frametimes and min fps) you can buy a 1600x and 1 tier higher gpu than the intel system (e.g. 1070 instead of 1060) and completely destroy what small advantage the 7700k might have had over your 1600x system.

There is virtually 0 reason to buy the 7700k, even if you're a gamer. The only time it's worth it is if you're buying 1080ti or better and the money saved with the 1600x can't be used to otherwise improve your system in any way.

>tfw had the opportunity to buy AMD FX-8xxx in a box, but decided to go with i5 instead
A wise choice, in retrospect, but I really want that box

>trades blows with 7700k in games

While it wish it did, it does not, not even close sadly.

>Don't bully tripfags
But that's a prerogative.

>Single core is similar per clock to haswell
And this is a bad thing how? Are you really going to act like anything besides Skylake-tier single core speeds aren't good enough?
>non GPU bottlenecked gaming
If you're not GPU bottlenecked you're prob running at 1080p 144hz. Or playing some unoptimized dumpster fire of a game (ARMA 3 gets mentioned a lot)
>I care about VM, and I'm pissed off that this garbage CPU is complete shit for it.
Lack of VM support sucks and hopefully is something AMD is looking at. If they want Epyc to be successful they will have to fix this up.

Nobody is forcing you. Fuck off.
Buy whatever shit you want or be a fanboy, zero fucks given.

>underage
>he doesn't know who Red Star is
new and underage?!

>And this is a bad thing how?

It's 2017 Paneet.

>If you're not GPU bottlenecked you're prob running at 1080p 144hz. Or playing some unoptimized dumpster fire of a game (ARMA 3 gets mentioned a lot)

I don't really care about gaming, but Arma 3 gets mentioned a lot simply because it destroys the poo in loos mid stride. Same with DCS, Skylines, PUBG, Total War, etc..

All these games "that no one cares about except" #playDoomRaider

>Lack of VM support sucks and hopefully is something AMD is looking at. If they want Epyc to be successful they will have to fix this up.

Yes it does "suck", and you're dumb nigger for suggesting that I should waitâ„¢.

>It's 2017 Paneet.
Hope you're ready for a wake-up call because the days of jerking off to clockspeed are coming to an end soon. When Intel releases their consumer 6 cores, nobody will care anymore.
>Arma 3 gets mentioned a lot simply because
It's an unoptimized pile of dogshit, and everyone agrees on this except you, retarded shitposter.
>and you're dumb nigger for suggesting that I should wait
Didn't suggest anything, for all I care you can keep buying Intel even well after Zen 2 and 3 have made everything they're offering look like even more of a joke than it already does.

>Do you enjoy shitting on the street?
>Didn't know that they where squatshitting in the U.S. now. Good to know will watch where I step.
>It's 2017 Paneet.

Why do I get this feeling this guy really wants to bang a hairy Indian chick?

is 6 cores really enough?

this, I'll never understand the autism on what platform a person is using. it's sad desu

>Hope you're ready for a wake-up call because the days of jerking off to clockspeed are coming to an end soon. When Intel releases their consumer 6 cores, nobody will care anymore.

Except when considering the software that have never/will never truly multicore their engines. ie; all the shit that I posted earlier. I'll just wait for new games I suppose.

>>It's an unoptimized pile of dogshit, and everyone agrees on this except you, retarded shitposter.

It's everyone else's fault, but AMD I suppose.

>Didn't suggest anything, for all I care you can keep buying Intel even well after Zen 2 and 3 have made everything they're offering look like even more of a joke than it already does.

I'll just wait I suppose.

>OOGA BOOGA FUD GUD FUD FUD!
Oh look, a totally asspulled evidence free anti-AMD shitpost. How inventive.

>Why do I get this feeling this guy really wants to bang a hairy Indian chick?

Where in post do I even imply that I wouldn't? AMD CPUs being complete dogshit does not mean that I wouldn't pound hot cum into a shit skinned thicc Indian slut's moist vagina while quoting passengers from mein kampf. Does it?

Stop lying. Clock per clock Ryzen is very close to Skylake. Intel's single core advantage is entirely a result of clockspeed.

Sure it is.

You should see a therapist about that.

Already mostly fixed:

>WAHH I WANNA JERK OFF TO MUH HGIH CLOKSPED 4 CORES FOREVER THATS ALL EVERYONE EVER NEEDS 6 CORES ARE ALL LIES FILTHY LIES

If all you play is Arma 3, maybe.

>Arma 3,DCS, Skylines, PUBG
LMAO your entire argument in favor of the 7700k boils down to four DX11 games. Congratulations, you played yourself.

For the other 98% of PC users, Ryzen is the far more versatile choice.

This again

Yes. It is.

>IT'S NVIDIAS FAULT
>IT'S WINDOWS FAULT
>IT'S GAMES FAULT
>IT'S INTELS FAULT
>IT'S DRIVERS FAULT
>IT'S REVIEWERS FAULT

Only one screen and by the looks of the PC it cost a fortune
Get more screens you spastic
>I only need one
You can play games on one and have the browser in the second screen playing music

It's really very simple:

If you plan to use your PC exclusively for 1080p gaming at 120hz+ refresh rates in DX11 games, and don't care how it performs at anything else, then the 7700k is probably the right choice for you.

If you will you be using your computer for anything computationally intensive besides the above, plan to game at 1440p or above, or expect to mainly play DX12 games, then Ryzen is the more sensible choice.

Since you asked so nicely with your shitpost, I'll post the four independent sources of empirical evidence proving that Nvidia's poorly optimized DX12 drivers are bottlenecking Ryzen CPUs.

don't do it man, moar cores is not a good thing because there's not an os that does proper load balancing across multiple cores

because you keep being in denail about it and need to be reminded and btfo over and over again

intels response to ryzen is 2 months out at the most so Just Waitâ„¢. that being said ryzen is pretty good but it has its flaws (like most brand new things) but i think coffeelake/skylake-x will be better because anyone who thinks intel has been sitting on they're hands doing nothing, and that ryzen caught them off guard is a idiot.

sitting on they are hands eh?

So, to clarify, you are suggesting that you expect Intel to release an 8-core consumer CPU that is both faster than a 6900k and priced $500 less than a 6900k?

Because the 1800x is $490 and faster than a 6900k.

Ryzen is the better choice for gaymen in general because it always has higher minimum FPS. Intel gets the longer bar when it comes to max FPS but minimum is more important.

You didn't really say the opposite of this but I had the chance to check those quads at the same time.

Intel has nothing m8...
They've been sitting on there hands for 6 years and now it's fisting their ass loose for letting AMD make a comeback

just sucks they cant hold 144+ fps at most times

input lag due to low fps vs monitor hertz sucks.

a 6 core 12 thread cpu that doesnt clock like shit would be nice

I don't see how Intel is going to go from 4-cores to 6-cores on their current process without being compelled to reduce clockspeed and without losing a lot of overclocking headroom.

And remember that close to 100% of Intel's current single-core advantage is clock-speed derived, so lowering clock speeds to increase core counts means directly giving away some or all of that single-core advantage, while AMD already has a sizeable multi-core advantage that Intel is highly unlikely to overcome on their current arch.

maybe theyll solder the damn things, would help a bit

Are you poor? Go AMD.

16 cores will be the next standard next year

In your dreams, maybe.

why don't they just get liquid cooling?

>Are you in desperate need to shit up threads to make up for your shriveling e-penis? Go Intel.

is there any real difference between intel and AMD at all, really

no, only for fa/g/gots

hmm that's a good idea

OY VEY

Ryzen owner here
If I have any advice after switching back and forth many times, it's that I think ryzen will be optimal for things for some time.

Ideally go for whatever their new house shit is going for when it comes out, grab a ryzen7 (1800x if you want, otherwise wait til ryzen9) and just throw whatever else you need or want on that

>New house shit
Apparently phone posting doesn't help

Was going for "new gpu shit" because ryzen performs better with various gpu

>buy 1600
>OC to ~4GHz
>7700k level SC performance in most applications
>beats out Intel processors 2-3 times as expensive as it
>less power draw than Intel quad cores
>runs cooler

Or, you could spend more money on a 7600k that you can't OC without overheating and be a cuck.

>tested on GTX970
Nice bottleneck you have there