Can Sup Forums recommend a monitor that has an aspect ratio between 4:3 and 1:1, doesn't have a shit resolution...

Can Sup Forums recommend a monitor that has an aspect ratio between 4:3 and 1:1, doesn't have a shit resolution, and doesn't cost fucking $1200.

I work with Solidworks all day and my 16:9 monitor is pure suffering.

No

rotate your monitor.

That would just turn an unusably wide monitor into an unusably tall monitor.

get 2 full hd monitors and rotate them

16:9 is the worst consumerist meme ever conceived

So then I'd have 2 unusably tall monitors.

Fucking no. I call bait

It's almost like you don't want help.

Get a 4k monitor, I was on the same boat as you.

For me 4:3 was the perfect aspect ratio, but due to the low resolution I had to upgrade. Got a 16:10, it was good but not as good as 4:3.

After being frustrated by 16:9 and even worse,21:9 memes, I got a 4k 40" and it's perfect for work and productivity.

How is that bait? Were you suggesting I use 2 side by side vertical monitors as if they were one big 9:8 monitor or something?

Cry more.

There's 5:4, but you're not getting a great resolution from it.

The best you can do is shell out for a 2048x1536, or 1920x1920 monitor.
Hopefully things will change for the better now that aspects like 3:2 are becoming more popular.

What monitor did you get user?

Yes obviously. That's the point of putting them side by side

So there will be bezels splitting the screen which totally defeats the purpose.

Cheap Korean monitor from Korea. Around $450 some months ago. Bretty gud.

good luck finding an LCD 1920x1440 or 2048x1536 monitor though

Stop being poor and buy the 3:2 Surface Studio

Seriously, when the fuck will 3:2 monitors become available? At least 3:2 laptops and tablets are starting to be available

16:10 is best
fuck the 16:9 meme

Stop being a boring special snowflake and do cool shit with what's there.

The screen is permanently attached to a garbage computer. I'd love to buy the monitor by itself.

This i had an old 16:10 laptop and loved it.
Maybe i'll get a lcd controller and turn ot into a monitor

EIZO EV2730Q is good, but expensive

is this the monitor general?

sure

>4:3 meme

Well. I have literally never owned one of those. I've had 5:4 as much, I'm using one right now as a second screen for the music player and I really like it for that purpose, but most productivity stuff is hard for me to do there. 4:3 would be only good for me as a vertical monitor, thought I'd prefer a 16:10 for that.

I don't know if there is any between 4:3 and 16:10, that would be perfect for vertical screen.

does anyone here own a 21:9?

I understand your pain user. I tried and failed to find something suitable to use along my 16:9.

It's too niche to get one at a decent price.

This
Aspect ratio doesn't matter on large high resolution screens because you'll be using Windows instead of full screen apps

3:2, and yes it's fucking perfect, but it doesn't exist outside of Chromebooks and surface products

Yeah, just read some post and saw that 3:2. You can buy somehow iPad panels for some less than an original iPad on some chink places. These have an arduino-like board with some ports like and HDMI or maybe DP or minie DP, I don't remember.

I hope we can get some Chromebooks/Surfaces panels.

Get an ultra wide, it's basically 2 1x1 screens next to each other

Is there any way to turn a 21:9 or maybe any monitor into two screens?

Well then enjoy paying more than 1000 bucks for some archaic aspect ratio, you fruity fuck.

there should be some features on the monitor to split it into 2 or 3. 7:6 with halves
not sure if certain monitors can treat the halves as separate screens though

actual display size is janky though with the smaller (cheaper) sizes
you have to get like a (expensive) 29 minimum

>CATHODE
>RAY
>TUBE