UK terror attack

I have a question for you. I believe it belongs here as its an issue enabled by technology.

As you know the UK has some of the most invasive and draconian surveillance laws in the world. Yet all this security apparatus failed to catch a terrorist who went on to commit one of the worse terrorist atrocitys the UK has ever seen.

Q1: Are these surveillance laws justified ?

Q2: If its found out this bomber used encrypted means of communication are further actions against encryption justified, perhaps a ban ?

Q3: How can we technology enthusiasts remain resilient against `certain` politicians who will seize on this, and seek to undermine technology ?

Other urls found in this thread:

foreignaffairs.com/articles/israel/2016-06-08/israel-s-second-class-citizens
telegraph.co.uk/comment/personal-view/3638934/Second-class-citizens-in-their-own-country.html
thetimes.co.uk/article/israel-set-to-make-arabs-second-class-citizens-hklh32v8kwq
youtube.com/watch?v=OlT3ARuUSGc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_of_Iranian_nuclear_scientists
allmendeberlin.de/What-is-Enlightenment.pdf
panopticlick.eff.org/
gaza.ochaopt.org/2015/06/key-figures-on-the-2014-hostilities/
youtube.com/watch?v=EYAwbTpHZX0
youtube.com/watch?v=25bg9CI2ZJ8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_Jews_in_Israel#Controversy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_Israel
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How can you catch a guy who blew himself to smithereens in a suicide bombing?

The reason suicide bombing is so popular is because it's incredibly hard to detect even on CCTV. Especially if you indoctrinate a whitey or female to do it for you.

Q1. Why not? Public streets are public and thus owned by the government, if you don't want the government to see what you're doing there don't use their property. So far there hasn't been any intrusion of private property with surveillance that I'm aware of.

Q2. If its found out this bomber was islamic or an immigrant, are further actions against muslims justified, perhaps a ban?

Q3. Same as always, and this particular incident isn't particularly notable in any way.

Ban all shitskins.

Something like 1 in 10 cameras in the UK are made of rubber.

Come on, lad. We can't even afford to properly educate our citizens let alone cover every inch of this island in high tech, interlinked, reliable Orwellian shit. The government is too retarded to realize their dreams.

Surveillance is used to catch crimes that have already happened, not ones about to happen.

>Q1: Are these surveillance laws justified ?
As someone who lives in the UK, I really don't have a problem with camera surveillance, generally you only need to worry about such things if you're committing a crime, and they tend to be common in built up areas, anywhere in the countryside (there's a lot) very rarely has such things (besides in large chain stores etc).

How do Americans think UK surveillance works?
Why do they think it's a bad thing?

>Q2: If its found out this bomber used encrypted means of communication are further actions against encryption justified, perhaps a ban ?
No. How they communicated is completely irrelevant, especially as its unclear if it was a single person acting alone or a larger group. Theresa May will push for such things but anyone with a working brain will tell you banning open and long established practices is inherently unfeasible and ridiculous to even suggest such a thing, encryption is used massively and predominantly in the commercial sector, banning encryption is not an option.

>Q3: How can we technology enthusiasts remain resilient against `certain` politicians who will seize on this, and seek to undermine technology ?
The government won't listen to tech enthusiasts, but they will listen to tech companies, making money and having a "stable" economy matters more to Tories than the lives of anyone in this country, this is why they are selling off massive chunks of our public infrastructure for their own financial gain at the detriment of the general public.

Retard politicians will demand bans on encryption, industry leaders that actually understand the technology will tell them they won't operate in a country that requires backdoors in software and that encryption is a very important part of business infrastructure and not just used by "muh terrorists".

no
no
move somewhere else

this

Just ban terrorists

lone wolves are hard to catch to begin with. /k/ is a gigantic red flag for future lone wolf terrorism, but probably only 1 or 2 of the people who browse that board will ever go turbo timothy. how do you separate the wheat from the chaff?

>then dont use it

Being this fucking dumb

>turbo timothy
Lost

Point out a flaw in my argument

>owned by the government
goy....
people choose this government to represent themselves.

Not all shitskins are bad you racist prick. Not all Moslim is bad.

Not all muslims are suicide bombers, but all suicide bombers are muslim.

There is always a trade-off between security and freedom..

Control all people with microchips and drugs: absulote security.
Give everyone a gun and let them have fun: absolute freedom.

Somewhere in between is a place worth living.

Well its not like youre going to have a stable economy once city falls cause you guys left eu.

>all suicide bombers are muslim
Fun fact, the earliest suicide bombers in modern times were jewish fanatics attacking British authorities in what was then British Palestine.

How things have changed.

No, the right to privacy is as important as any other. It has not been proven that they are even effective at stopping or preventing crimes.

>Q2: If its found out this bomber used encrypted means of communication are further actions against encryption justified, perhaps a ban ?
If it could be proven to be an effective method of stopping terrorism it would be justified, but we need real data before taking away people rights and freedoms.

>Q3: How can we technology enthusiasts remain resilient against `certain` politicians who will seize on this, and seek to undermine technology?
Encrypt everything, protest profusely

The goverment works for the people you dumdum.

Not really, kikes still have the same agenda only this time it involves drowning Europe with immigrant arabs rather than doing the dirty work themselves.

Yeah, and a few hundreds years ago muslims where pretty open minded towards christians and jews living in their cities and genuinely interested in science, while at the same time christians were burning heretics and praining their overlord, the pope.

But things have changed so much...

this.
>you only need to worry about such things if you're committing a crime
read
>
>The government won't listen to tech enthusiasts, but they will listen to tech companies
this.

People must protect themselves both aginst gov's invigilation and crimes.

====
we need reincarnation of

>A gun = absolute freedom

I dont get it

Uninformed pleb..

You can live as muslim in Israel just fine.
But you can't live as Jew in most muslim countries.

It's not Israel claiming they want to nuke Iran or tear apart Palestine. They are a nuclear power, they could wipe Iran from the earth or just bomb Palestine into oblivion. No, they simply want to exist, and that's their problem:
They areway too nice with their stupid neighbors..

For fuck's sake what's wrong with cameras in public spaces?

I'm all for privacy online and at home, but this is just autism.

What is absolute security?
To not let anybody have their will, but only serve the society.
(Think China, 1984 or the movie "Brazil"..)

What is absolute freedom?
To enforce your will on everybody else.
If you have a gun (and there is no goverment watching) people would just walk into a store and take what they want. A gun is power, and power is freedom.

You're right lad, if I don't like my government I can just opt to use property owned by a competing government.
Oh wait.
>governments are monopolies.

What's wrong with cameras in public spaces?
They can track everybody, everywhere.

Today we have such sophisticated technology, that you can find easily identify a face in a mass of people.

Or you have people demonstratig, you can simply identify people and add an entry to their file.

You can also use this for advanced networking algorithm:
So Timmy drinks a coffe with Lisa? But Lisa's file says that she met a guy who knows a terrorist, so Timmy's file gets upranked with the internal "terrorist index".

And much, much more.
Just do the math.

>You can live as muslim in Israel just fine.
>just fine
foreignaffairs.com/articles/israel/2016-06-08/israel-s-second-class-citizens
telegraph.co.uk/comment/personal-view/3638934/Second-class-citizens-in-their-own-country.html
thetimes.co.uk/article/israel-set-to-make-arabs-second-class-citizens-hklh32v8kwq

Nice try, Schlomo

Only if you're living in a globalist utopia.

>But you can't live as Jew in most muslim countries.
How is that relevant to my post at all?

>It's not Israel claiming they want to nuke Iran or tear apart Palestine. They are a nuclear power, they could wipe Iran from the earth or just bomb Palestine into oblivion. No, they simply want to exist, and that's their problem:
Mossad frequently assassinate Iranians and Palestinians though.

Take your propaganda somewhere else.

Just go to Israel (yes, in real life) and talk to the people:

You'll find that you can say "All jews are wankers! Praise Allah!"

You can even paint a swatika at a wall, arabs in Israel do this all the time.

Of course people will not say "Oh nice, what a cool opinion you have!"

And yes, someone who lost a few family members to arab suicide bombers might not like muslims that much...

But all this "second class citizen" whining reminds me off SJWs:
Yes, maybe ther is some kind of injustice, somewhere, if you just look close enough you will find something.

But go to an arab country and say "Allah sucks!" you'll see that this is a completely different ballgame. It's lightyears away.

>Mossad frequently assassinate Iranians and Palestinians though.

Yes, but which Iranians?
Those who want to coexist peacefully or those who try to make more vicious stuff to kill as much israel kids as possible?

Nah, I'm done with this shit.
Go shill somewhere else.

>what is Rotherham

Obviously all the draconian shit is aimed and directed at whites, while muslims mostly do whatever the fuck they please (as nobody wants to get in their way and be hurt, nor go to jail for """racism""").

>Just go to Israel (yes, in real life) and talk to the people:
I lived in Tel Aviv for 2 years from I was 14 to I was 16 (my father works as a diplomat). While Tel Aviv is a pretty cool place, the rest of Israel is filled with people like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=OlT3ARuUSGc

>But go to an arab country and say "Allah sucks!" you'll see that this is a completely different ballgame. It's lightyears away.
I'm not saying that arab countries doesn't suck balls, but you if you're going to make comparisons at least compare Israel to western standards, and not to some low bar shit where not chopping people's heads off for insulting the profet means that it is a good place to live.

>y-you can just move!!
I hate how my government imposes speed limits.
Can you please tell me a competing government to my government that allows me to drive as fast as I want on their roads?

>Yes, but which Iranians?
Usually scientists and technicians.

>Those who want to coexist peacefully or those who try to make more vicious stuff to kill as much israel kids as possible?
No, civilians.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_of_Iranian_nuclear_scientists

>inb4 but they were NUCLEAR scientists!!!!!1111 zomg

Doesn't mean that they were developing a bomb, only that they were involved in the nuclear power project.

Even in the 50s, places like Iraq were thriving and welcoming. Baghdad had horse racing, women's institutions, large open public recreational areas, now it's a mess of suicide bombs

But the Quran literally says "kill the infidels wherever they are" etc. etc.

>How do Americans think UK surveillance works?
>Why do they think it's a bad thing?
Oh man why do Americans have privacy rights?

T-thanks George W. Bush

So does bible.

Not really bush's fault

In the 70's there was this Islamic revolution that basically threw the middle east back 50 years

>their roads
these roads were build for *your* money.
T-this

Great, but I'm not seeing Christians blow themselves up

>abortion clinics

Don't get me wrong:
Religous Jews are just as bad as religious Muslims. Isreal is a better place than something like Iran because most people are not (too) religious.

Generally the more religious = the more intolerance and weird ideas in their heads..

>allmendeberlin.de/What-is-Enlightenment.pdf

>Islamic revolution in the 70's
That's Iran, not Iraq.

grow up.
>abortion
>Christians.
Pick one.

>Why not? Public streets are public and thus owned by the government

u r a faget

Use the Fuhrer's autobahn

>Just go to Israel (yes, in real life) and talk to the people
kek

Yeah, I wonder why many of them forced to live in ghettos with cages around their houses to prevent jews from throwing rocks inside.
It's also interesting why jews spit on and kick muslim women in the streets...

Anyway, why are lots of arabs in Israeli prisons for indefinite time without being convicted?

Is this bait?

PEACEFUL nuclear scientists in a country that openly declares they want to kill all jews?

Oh common..

See:

no u ^^^^:)

The problem with Israel in my opinion is that the very state is founded upon religious values and ideas. Their constitution sets jews above other groups of people by granting them special rights (such as the right to return and that all jews are to be considered citizens).

It does not help, of course, that Knesset is currently controlled by a majority of religious conservatives who pushes crazy laws such as legalising illegal settlements etc only because "daddy" US will vigorously defend them in the UN no matter what.

Nice memes.

Maybe you should really go there and talk to people and stop browsing your stormfag sites?

>inb4 dubious tinfoil internet sources

>Iran wants to kill all jews
You are confusing Iran with Hizbollah (aka "Iran by proxy").

Also, being a nuclear scientist does not mean that you're a bomb maker. Nice try.

The bomber was american
The attack was staged to push UK in USA favor
For wwthree

Allright nigs.
I think we all can agree thata every gov rape our privacy while not being able to protect us.

Now list your tips and tricks.

>How to keep privacy?
>Where to look for non-fake-news?
>How to protect against crimes?
>^^^ How to get (non lethal) weapon etc.

Giving everyone guns is security. Nobody will be shooting each other without a fairly good reason or if they are mentally deranged.
A world without fallacies is a world with world peace.
Fuck your autocracy.

Who did this?

>Nice memes.
How about stop informing yourself from the Jewish media? Just read the UN reports on how inhuman is Israel with arabs.

Not all shitskins are bad
All Muslims are bad

Lol no it doesn't

>inhumane
Can't be "inhumane" with someone who isn't technically human, though.

Also, Israel cracks down hard on terrorism. Nothing wrong with this. US does the same. Russia does the same.

>throw rock
>considered terrorist by the Israeli government

>dig tunnel out of Gaza to Egypt because there's a fucking wall around you
>considered terrorist by the Israeli government

Nice try, Schlomo

>autobahn
This is what I was looking for. Let me check this government out
>800.000 refugees
D R O P E D.

Fuck it. I'll start my own government.
Customers of my government will get no speed limits on my roads and also no ISIS terrorists for the taxes they'll be paying me.
Hmm, where do I file papers to start a government?

Be inhuman with them before they will be inhuman against you. Check what happened Syrian and Egyptian Christians.

the solution was to not allow Muslim migration

>he thinks Israel are nice with christians

>>How to keep privacy?
Not using bootnets (micro$ot, google, facebook etc) when its possible.
GNU/Linux, DuckDuckGo, emali/IRC.

I use noScript (white list), flash not installed
my results panopticlick.eff.org/ looks acceptable.
>>Where to look for non-fake-news?
actually building links to statistics 'database', not lurkin libfags-media.

They hate everybody and everybody hate them.

Conservative Christians don't hate Israel though. They love it and frequently push pro-Israel propaganda. The most extreme of them do it because Eretz-Israel (Jews returning to biblical Israel) is a precondition for the second coming of Christ.

>laws sometimes fail
Nirvana fallacy.

>Q2: If its found out this bomber used encrypted means of communication are further actions against encryption justified, perhaps a ban?
That would be chaotic for everyone.

>Q3: How can we technology enthusiasts remain resilient against `certain` politicians who will seize on this, and seek to undermine technology ?
I don't understand that question.

>If you have a gun (and there is no goverment watching) people would just walk into a store and take what they want. A gun is power, and power is freedom.
Didn't you just say give "everyone a gun", even if you remove government to police the store, wouldn't you be more scared of robbing such store seen everyone has a gun and the situation may escalate much quicker than you want it to?

>Can't be "inhumane" with someone who isn't technically human, though.
Yes, Israel's acts are inhumane. Don't be retarded, have you never heard about the concept of personification?

>Also, Israel cracks down hard on terrorism.
The UN reports are mostly about civilians, not terrorist.

>The UN reports are mostly about civilians,
They're still usually terrorists, even though UN councils consisting of """countries""" like Egypt, Libanon and Saudi-Arabia want to pretend that they dindu nuffin when they attacked settlers with knives or tried to hijack a schoolbus and run it into a cafe.

And you can't think of a reason why jews (after WW2 and hundreds of years of progromes in various countries) wanted a tiny bit of earth where they could just be themselves?

If you are christian or muslim there are a lot of countries where you can go. Jews had no place to go but israel back then.

Also every country on earth was founded somewhere where people lived before. Life itself is struggeling for survival. Did the US people give back their land to the native americans? I don't think so..

You can have any religon you want in israel.
If that's possible in the majority of muslim countries, we can talk.

>the solution was to not allow Muslim migration

Yes that's the obvious common sense solution they have to constantly battle against with propaganda to employ their solutions, which amount to an all powerful police state.

>And you can't think of a reason why jews (after WW2 and hundreds of years of progromes in various countries) wanted a tiny bit of earth where they could just be themselves?
I discourage ethno-centrism in all forms. Imagine the outcry if European countries suddenly proclaimed in their constitutions that their country is for and by white Europeans.

>If you are christian or muslim there are a lot of countries where you can go. Jews had no place to go but israel back then.
That's just blatantly wrong. Even though you might argue that jewish communities in Europe was in large parts destroyed, there were communities in US and in Russia. In fact, most Israelis are in fact predominantly from former Soviet states.

>Also every country on earth was founded somewhere where people lived before
Not in anywhere near this way though, but that's not my main issue with Israel.

>Did the US people give back their land to the native americans?
The US has first of all admitted sincerely the wrongdoings against their indigenous people, and they have autonomous reservations that are independent from state legislation.

Which is a lot more than the Israels granted Palestinians on the west bank or in Gaza.

1. Not really. Terrorists will simply adapt. Decades of war against drugs and terrorists with absolutely zero results.
2. Nah. What are you going to do, prohibit math? Can't be done.
3. Keep making great technology and release source code so that the state can't do anything about it.

>They're still usually terrorists
Yes, like young kids playing football on the beach. Look up the Operation Protective Edge: gaza.ochaopt.org/2015/06/key-figures-on-the-2014-hostilities/

I remember, Israel bombed an UN school at the Gaza Strip claiming that there were ammos stored by terrorists... After the bombing, nothing was found there that would justify their act.

>duckduckgo
>not a botnet

less (sand)niggers = less terrorism

it's that simple. until we admit this we're just wasting time.

>UN schools
Merely forefronts for western communist extremists who hate Israel and Hamas terrorists

Look at these innocent kids: youtube.com/watch?v=EYAwbTpHZX0

Look at this innocent woman: youtube.com/watch?v=25bg9CI2ZJ8

Yes, it's not like israelis are racist or anything.

If you see a speed camera. You do? Do you speed up? No. The camera might have never ever been turned on in its life. But you still slow down.

It's like the French dude who designed a prison which made all the inmates feelas if they were always being watched but they never were watched. They all had liveable prison life but no one ever did or tried to escape. Because of this mindset

This is probably why a lot of the Brits cameras are made of rubber. Because they are fake. There to scare you.

>israelis are racist
Making generalizations like that is racist.

And that is a bad thing how? Fuck, Sup Forums should be all over this, because it successfully prevents crime without actually invading privacy.

>oy vey generalizations like that is racist

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_Jews_in_Israel#Controversy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_Israel

>tfw eastern european
>the only surveillance is the babushka watching everything 24/7
>fastest Internet in Europe
>0.1%Muslim population
>no terror attacks
>hot conservative womyn

FeelsGoodMan

>people choose this government to represent themselves.
Not British I take it. UK is not owned by the people. The Crown owns the land and the "people" is HM's subjects, nothing more.

Doesn't help how hot they are if they will never fuck you, Igorr.

No wonder why you drink vodka to drown the pain.

Because there are cameras in public areas that record your face. Body etc. There was on video that put boxes around everyone's faces and bodies when they walked into the view of the camera. Some crazy facial recognition shit.

This is why Sup Forums is always so paranoid. For example Opera could be selling your data. But they might not. People who are sane will realise this is possible and that speed camera (botnet) might be in use. So they take all precautions. Just like the prisoners did.

Nte the difference between
>nothing was found there
vs.
>nothing was found there that would justify their act

Propaganda 101.