>Europeans are right-handed
>they eat with their left

???

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fypq2qhRZnI
youtu.be/eBRF1LfCa_A
youtube.com/watch?v=eBRF1LfCa_A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I do the same, that's the way I was taught.

Switching hands is inconvenient too

it's called étiquette

When I was little I heard that traditionally you were supposed to hold the knife with the left hand from tradition dating back to medieval times where guests of a court would hold knives in their left (non-dominant) hand to indicate they could not attack or something as easily. basically a sign of peace, whereas using your right hand as your knife hand meant that it would be easier for you to engage in combat/assassinate or whatever.

Whether that's true or not, I've always just used my knife with my left hand cause I'm right-handed and having the fork in the right just makes sense to me. I only recently learned that which hand you use for whichever utensil is more of a cultural thing.

Which is easier, cutting or holding?

Was gonna say this

>tfw I'm left-handed and eat with the right

You might have to put pressure on your knife when you cut.
While you don't have to put pressure on your fork.

What's easier, cutting or trying to spear pieces of lettuce and scoop up tiny bits of onion?

If you need to put so much pressure that you need to use your dominant hand, you're eating shit food.

Assuming you are right-handed it's easier to use the knife with the right hand as you have to apply more strength while cutting.

Who are /RightHandedButLeftFooted/ here?

fork in the left hand, knife in the right
that's how my mom raised me

Fork on the left hand, knife on the right hand
No elbow on the table
The fork goes to the mouth, not the mouth to the fork
When you're done eating you ask for a permission to leave
When the food is served you wait for everyone to be served before to start eating

There, you can now eat in France.

>When the food is served you wait for everyone to be served before to start eating
Also, you wait for the female head of the household to start eating before eating.

Right handed
I hold fork in right hand, knife in left
It's more convenient and none of other peoples business

>There, you can now eat in France.
in ramadan?

truth

why would you need dexterity for moving a blunt knife? better use that dexterity in moving your fork

>eating with a blunt knife
>non-Southern "Europe"

what are you talking about, i use both of my hands to eat

boerke aub

here

>When you're done eating you ask for a permission to leave

What if you're alone?

I feel right hand would be wasted just to do a back and forth cutting motion with a knife and I can do so much more with a fork in it

>trying to spear pieces of lettuce and scoop up tiny bits of onion
this is easier...... for me

Here in BR they eat with their right hand.
I'm left-handed, it's a pain in the ass to eat with someone beside me.

I was taught that the way in OP pic is right-handed. I'm right-handed and I do the opposite though.

same here

Apart from the permission to leave this is how i regularly eat with my family. If I'm at a relatives/public or somewhere else (not my immediate) then I'll ask for permission to leave.

Are other people so rude to not do these things, idk my family and I were brought up like this.

>2016
>not being ambidextrous
lmao @ u

>americans switch the fork and knife every time they cut their steaks
youtube.com/watch?v=fypq2qhRZnI
can't fabricate this

This video contains content from dabblerDOTca. It is not available in your country.

Sorry about that.

Basically they cut the food like europeans but then put the knife down, switch the fork to the right hand and eat, then switch it back to the left to cut again.
youtu.be/eBRF1LfCa_A

That's the formal dining style, but even casually you'd have to use your dominant hand to cut with the knife (and 9 out of 10 people are right-handed).
It just seems silly, why do that? It's not like you need the precision of your dominant hand to just bring the fork to your mouth.

The knife is the more dominant utensil, the knife does the actual cutting and moving while the fork just stays in one place. So you use your dominant hand to hold the knife (i.e. the right hand).

I heard that Americans also use put their knife in their right hand and their fork in the left. After they finish cutting, they switch the fork into their right hand. That's just utterly retarded.

AAHAHAHAHA

How do they get so fat if they eat this slow?

knives are the more dangerous utensil, so you should use your dominant hand to use it carefully. common sense.

You don't need utensils to eat burgers or pizza.

I use my fingers or a spoon when eating. I've never been comfortable with a fork and a knife.

That's disgusting.

Americans are just dumb

This is just common courtesy, how could anyone be unaware of it?

Is it the right hand or left hand you're supposed to use? cause one of them you wipe with don't you?
I remember in Egypt they always shake your hand with the right because they wipe their arse with only their left, or something like that.

You're not supposed to shake hands with the left hand anywhere, I reckon.

Same.
I am lefthanded.

Tbf Indian food is not meant to be eaten with a knife and fork. How the fuck am I supposed to eat naan/roti with butter chicken?

This

Yeah, forks and knifes are not supposed to be used everywhere. Even we have to use our fingers for some plates and for bread.
I don't see how it is disgusting, just don't be an animal and wash your hands beforehand.

Who /cut up food first and eat with fork in right hand master race/?

Here in Brazil we eat rice and beans practically everyday, and it's much more convenient to handle it with your dominant hand (since it scatters around easily). Cutting is a task which only requires back and forth motion and a reasonable amount of force, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to get used to doing that with your non-dominant hand.

In the end, all this in which hand goes what thing doesn't make any sense, because it's essentially a convention. You should eat using the way you find more comfortable to you.

This clearly
I can't cut properly with my wrong hand

That's how I do it. No one taught me, it just feels natural

Oh this is one of those "Americans are retarded threads?"

*don't ever put the knife in your mouth

To be honest, i always switch hands when I'm not eating meat.

Why do Americans not use knives to eat? I've seen Americans cut their steak in tiny cubes then put the knife aside and use the fork only

>mfw they actually do this

youtube.com/watch?v=eBRF1LfCa_A

It depends what you're eating

Nah that's a poor men excuse, you're justifying your lack of etiquette.

im pretty sure most people do that here, ive never paid attention to it but know i eat that way

meh i got used to eat with the fork on my right hand even though my parents told me it was wrong the only exception is when im out eating with the lads because i dont want to be the wierdo who cant eat right i've tried to correct this behavior before but i end up doing it everytime

Brazilians don't need such a thing as etiquette.

It's fine to hold your fork in the right hand if you're not using a knife

Maybe the reason why I always try not to use the knife is that I prefer to hold the fork in the right hand.

>I heard that Americans also use put their knife in their right hand and their fork in the left. After they finish cutting, they switch the fork into their right hand. That's just utterly retarded.
I'm almost sure that's what most people do here too.

I take this back. I didn't understand what the British user meant. We only switch the fork into our right hand when there's nothing anymore on the table to cut.