CPU-Z / Speccy

i just upgraded to this CPU 2 weeks ago.
bought it on ebay for $60

Still trying to decide if I want to buy a good cooler & thermal paste now, then buy the rest at a later date (Ryzen 1600, 16GB memory & X370 Asus Prime) like I had in mind.
I'd ideally like to upgrade everything, but this graphics card is fine, as all it does recently is accelerating rendering, and pushing Sup Forums pixels.

My epic 4770k with only 1.15v on 4.2 Ghz

Pretty good, will maybe live for the next 10-30 years on that low energy

oh forget pic

OP here. Man I didn't know how much an Overclock helps.
(Stock 2.66, OC 3GHz)

Still on stock, I have no experience with overclocking and my cooler is a hyper 212 evo.

My shitposting machine, I have the wanna cry patch, but I'm posting from Xubuntu.

Pentium 4
good lord

Ya 13 year old dell space heater.

Why 1060 3gb and a 1080 ti?

1080Ti main card, 1060 for vms with passthrough.

my desktops a dell too

How old is the Dell?

2008/2009 (Q6700.)

Does poping in 2 different gpus like that make a difference? Like if i was to throw a 6gb 1060 and a 2gb 1050 in mine, any benefit?

They aren't linked in any way shape or form. 1060 is for virtual machines. Technically they could work together in dx12 but basically nothing supports such a multi adapter mode.

Not bad.

Got it for 90$.
5GBs of Ram, 2 500GB drives, and its OC'd to 3GHz. (See first post of thread, that's my CPU)

Debating on making the hop over to Ryzen.

Redpill me on bus overclocking.

I like my Kaby Lake

For a tiny upgrade? Why? I'd understand if the upgrade was meaningful, like you were upgrading to a 16 core Ryzen or something, but that seems like a pointless waste of money.

Specially given that you need a whole new board for it.

It fucking works.
Find all information about your chipset, and if it isn't in the BIOS, use SetFSB.

Why do I always get people telling me that my house is about to burn down?

Newer platform, overclockability, Ryzen is significantly more power efficient than this 32nm octo.

Its mainly for the platform and the efficiency changes. It's also really the only option i have to maintain core/thread parity with what I've already got without breaking the bank.

Still seems like a waste unless you're extremely sensitive to power consumption which your comment about overclocking suggests you aren't. The Xeon might be able to be undervolted also, although since it's an ES I wouldn't count on it.

I've tried with the Xeon, i have 0 control over it. It doesn't help that the shitty biostar board its currently running on doesnt like turbo mode much. Or Speedstep. Or much of anything involving the chip. Every time I reboot my computer I have to go into bios to see if even the pseudo-turbo mode has engaged (kicks it up from 2.9 to 3.3) or not, and it usually takes a couple of tries before it does.

Ryzen would allow for the summer months to tune for efficiency and low heat output without punishing me much in terms of performance, and in the winter months gun it for more performance. Believe me when I say that when this Xeon gets going it throws out alot of heat.

No, I believe that. It's a 3.3GHz 32nm Xeon with 8 cores. I'd expect nothing less. High clocks are cancer when you're trying to be power efficient.

ayy

This shit sucks

Still doing it's thing.

>buy i7-7700k
>Sup Forums said it runs hot
>35 degrees idle which is only slightly higher than room temp during the summer
>71-73 under load
>no heat spikes
Why the fuck does Sup Forums rarely know what they are talking about?

Is there a open source alternative to this program? I was looking around for one and couldn't find anything, and I dug around the windows api a lil bit but couldn't really find anything for retrieving memory clocks and such. I would assume it might just use a database or similar to figure it out I was under the impression it could figure out the current clock as well.

they just parrot whatever the Sup Forumseneral consnsus is. The average Sup Forumsentooman doesn't even have a user assembled pc. You may have gotten lucky, Sup Forums might be like average society and 80% idiots.
>everyone that read this post thinks they are the 20%

Love showing off this build - and my battlestation

>windows

What theme?

How much better are 4th and 5th Gen Intel i5s compared to the 3470? In terms of raw performance, efficiency and multitasking abilities.

There are literally no good Desktop OSs right now. Linux is great until you need a version update or even moderately uncommon hardware. MacOS is still just sucking Steve Jobs' cock. And windows is botnet central.

Speccy doesn't show the name or heat readings of ryzen
What do?

Don't forget to like and subscribe! The link to my Patreon account is at the bottom, donate and you'll get a shout out!

looks nice.

Windows classic theme from deviantart

>Diet Mtn Dew
>No coaster
Meh

Is it OCd? The CPU has documented problems when overclocked, not when stock. Although 73C is housefire tier.

it's about 2 years old at this point but still a monster

How much did that cost?

it was around 7ish k including the monitors

>Locked chip OCed

Yupe

Auto OC or something?
4.2 @ 1.32 is terrible
Might be a prebuilt from IBUYPOWER or CyberpowerPC
Their OCs run high v for reliable OCs on poor silicons
Pretty lit
Check my old mix tape

Just fixed after needing a new mobo.

Why would you buy a 7700k that does not come with a cooler and run it at stock?
73C is fine if that is max loaded temps

> good cooler & thermal paste now

Just use mayonaise
not even memeing here

Check it
Mustard is decent as well but mayo is better than noctua paste

73C is a fine housefire.

I'm really hoping my BIOS gets another update so I can finally run 3200mhz RAM and try for 4.1 stable. Any Ryzen users get 4.1? What voltage? I can do 4.075 stable at 1.45.

>not browsing Sup Forums when peoples houses actually use to catch fire

GTX 480 would exhaust 110C air into your room
That is house fire
73C is a mild load on stock cooler for most chips

Why do people always use the housefire meme incorrectly? 73C for a CPU is nothing compared to a lot of products in the past.

I was browsing Sup Forums back then, just because there were housefires in 2009 doesn't mean that they magically disappear in 2017.

73C under load isn't too bad for a 7700k at all.

Yeah, but 73C is pushing against the limits. I'd say 73C is fine for a stress test but if that's your normal gaming or workload temp then you should reduce your voltage or overclock a bit.

I wouldn't worry about 7700k temps until it hits 80C. The chips don't throttle until they get over 90C

Right now i found an old HP Compaq 8200 that has an Intel i5 2500. I have a spare GTX 1050 ti that someone gave me and do you think itll be compatible? Also the motherboard is some old ass model that i dont know and the psu is at 240w. I would probably have to upgrade the power too right? Also, adding 8gb of ram should be enough right?

get a 300 watt power supply and you'll be set. 8GBs is good.

How long would Mayo last? Because I'm thinking of cooking my GTX 780 but don't have any thermal paste on hand right now

Update speccy