TL;DR: read the last 2 lines only

TL;DR: read the last 2 lines only.

>me be living in a third world country
>me be poor
>family owns a single laptop that my father uses most of the time to freelance as a second job
>uses fuckin windows
>father doesn't really allow me to use it all that much or for extended periods of time (justifiably, its our only machine and he doesn't want it to shit the bed early)
>want to use Linux (cant because he needs microfuck office)
>learn about persistent Linux installations
>Only Debian stable and Ubuntu can be easily installed on a USB persistently using "mkusb"
>Ubuntu is botnet and Debian lacks a packages
>Arch and Gentoo are too complicated to install on a USB or will take too much time which will lead to my father being pissed (He needs it to work so he is again justified)
>need an easy way to persistently install Arch or gentoo or opensuse or whatever on a USB (that isn't Debian or Ubuntu)
>can you help me out Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Installing_Arch_Linux_on_a_USB_key
sta.li/build
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Installing_Arch_Linux_on_a_USB_key

ANY linux or unix should be able to install anywhere. I like suckless stali, could be built wherever you wish
sta.li/build

Claim you're transgender and crowdfund for an old ThinkPad.

you can do it exactly the same way you'd install it on a hard disk. Just remember to set grub/fstab lines to UUIDs and not simple devices names so it works anywhere.

>me be poor

figure out a way to write logic-heavy programs on pencil/pen and paper, then implement it on the computer when you do have access

when you do have computer access write down the API calls and snippets you need to finish your work on paper

Go to work and the spend 40$ on old IBM thinkpad on which you will install linux.
Problem solved

>Ubuntu is botnet
Bullshit

Maybe Mint could work too as a distro based on Ubuntu?

Also where are you from that you can't afford a computer? Even here in the eastern Europe you can get some old crappy but working computer for free if you ask around.

THIRD WORLD COUNTRY you can't just buy a thinkpad, even if you can it has locked bios

Ubuntu is in the Amazon botnet.

Third world country doesn't make you not going to work.
Op is underage or a fucking idiot

you'll continue to live in a third world shithole if you care about trivial shit like distros. Just install whatever works and use it, or get your own machine.

What country do you live in?

there is nobody anywhere in the world without easy access to a computer. OP, can you receive packages by any means?

but america is a third world country :^)

Can receive a package but import taxes go through the roof here
I do have access but for a limited amount of time, and only windows. thats why i want to install on a usb to use linux for that short period of time im allowed to use the laptop.

MODS

Ya blew it.

My first job was building a house of wood still I remember it as a great fun unlike my actually work as an helpdesk. And I was 17 too back then. 120$ is normal price in my country too so I do not know what are you complaining about. So at all it will make you more independent. Do anything you can to receive a cash for computer and then learn as much as you can so you would get a job in IT. Life is hard but stagnation will kill you

underrated toast

I would "help out" that farm-shota all day if you know what I mean

Try arch anywhere. It's a simple arch installation