Why does most of Sup Forums hates Windows?

Why does most of Sup Forums hates Windows?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EJWWtV1w5fw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They've been shitting in our mouths and calling it a sundae for years now. Each iteration is worse than the last. Their idea of innovation is fucking over their customers. Windows needs to reorganize itself and pull itself together because it's basically becoming a gaming console for many of us, and nothing else.

Cause it isn't free and Sup Forums doesn't know how to pirate software

this.

Because they have the resources to produce something that doesn't amount to bloatware, adware and shitty mobile apps.

Because it's a buggy, barely functioning os that is being constantly shilled by microsoft and is targeted at normalfags and not tech enthusiast's.

because I have to pay for aseprite on Windows to get it legally, and on GNU plus Linux I can do pacaur -S aseprite

I still have a windows partition for gaymes, because I'm lazy. Other than that, GNU/Linux fills all my computing needs already, and in a much more efficient way to me.

WTF!!! Free As In Speechâ„¢

poor resource management
mixing of system and program data that forces reinstallation applications when reinstalling the os and leads to instability and failure if the system runs long enough without rebooting
inconsistent search functionality from version to version

We don't. There's just 30 or so New Linux laptop users who need to feel special so they can't stop shilling. We Windows users don't post much about our OS because it just werks.
We just let them have their little circle jerk because nothing will make them change their minds, so it's a waste of effort. If they're willing to put that much effort into being stupid, stupid they'll remain.

- Windows 10 is adware, and bad in principle
- I'm stuck paying for a license I don't want on any decent laptop I buy.

Other than that I don't really care what garbage other people use.

This. +It's more spyware than Google, but you are supposed to pay for it.

It's a cuckhold os. You pay for it, and it spies on you.

It's not free enough

You can compile it though

Because it's the only relevant operating system in 201x, linux desktop is a meme and Sup Forums is salty and sad

Most of us use Windows, it's just a loud minority who push the Linux meme.

OwO
what's this?

And what version do you get?

Because it's not macOS.

It's literally garbage.

It has Win9x and WinNT legacy with an ugly UX on top.

You can't add lipstick on a pig.

>successfully compiling anything larger than hello world on windows
I've heard some legends but I can't say I believe them

>most of Sup Forums

it's just a very vocal minority

thank god desktop threads are gone now, look at threads where people actually using their computers, it is mostly windows

If windows is a pig with lipstick mac is an anorexic model that people overpay to see

>You can't add lipstick on a pig.
Well, in theory, you can.
>yfw it's what windows 10 is.

cmake -G ninja ..
ninja aseprite

More commands if you want Skia backend though which is unavailable on Linux btw

I don't like having to install third party software that sucks resources just to safely connect to the internet. Typical Windows users are obsessed with security and RAM. This is why.

I don't. Windows 7 is a lovely OS. I do dislike Microsoft, I dislike the path they've chosen and the way they've walked that path. I simply don't want to support them anymore and since I dislike Apple almost as much there's basically only one way to go once support for W7 drop in 2020.

I generally don't partake in platform wars, so I doubt I'm part of the part of Sup Forums that you're talking about.

Windows 10 is considerably slower than even non-optimized versions of linux like Ubuntu and Mint.
I hate Windows 10 look and feel, everything if flat and boring. They needed 3 big updates to let you choose window color with more than 20 options.
Programming environment is generally better on Linux. Visual Studio is the best IDE for C/C++ out there, but it is SO MUCH BLOAT that even the simpler editions baffle you.

You seem angry user.

macOS is the most beautiful mainstream OS in history.

It's the 2nd most used OS after Winshit,

Microgay can't even make Winshit look decent. It keeps looking worse as time goes by.

They need to dump the whole OS and start over with a new kernel.

It's literally garbage.

>DLL
>Registry
>Ugly temp folders
>Installation leftovers
>Logs everywhere

Literal shit.

>Windows 2000 Server was worse than NT 4.0
>Server 2003 was worse than Windows 2000 Server
>Server 2008 was worse than Server 2003
>Server 2012 was worse than Server 2008
>Windows 2000 was worse than 98
>Windows XP was worse than ME
>Windows 7 was worse than Vista
>Windows 8 is worse than 7
>Windows 8.1 is worse than 8
>Windows 10 is worse than 8.1

Check out this colossal faggot

The registry was a good idea, having a transactional data store for configuration settings. However microsoft completely shit the bed and never wrote (or enforced) any guidelines for structure or organization.

Arguably Win2000 and Win7 are their best releases. Everything else is GARBAGE.

Dude Registry is trash and overtime it grows. Even when you uninstall applications there's plenty of forks in there.

macOS and other Unix based systems use shit like plists and don't need to put .dll's everywhere.

Fuck Microgay.

I didn't hate it, merely dislike it, until I was forced to use it for work as a microsoft employee. Now I wouldn't be paid to use it. Working for M$: never again. I'd rather get half the salary. It's that horrid.

>It's the 2nd most used OS after Winshit,
macfags can't even bait properly without admitting they come in second.

>Windows XP not their best release

Windows XP ushered in a new era of computing and carried most of the world for over 10 years. Even today, it still holds an insane market share for how old it is.

Yeah microsoft failed to implement a central configuration database properly. But the concept that the registry tried to implement isn't a bad idea.

Only macOS uses plists, and those are pretty fucking ugly xml files desu

WinXP was a direct successor to Win2k...so without Win2k it wouldn't exist.

So Win2k and Win7 are probably the most important releases.

Everything else is shit desu senpai.

youtube.com/watch?v=EJWWtV1w5fw

2nd in PCs
but 1st in mobile ;)

7+piratebay >>> linux
prove me wrong.

dlls and plists are not at all comparable holy shit

A plist is a configuration file, a dll is a shared library.

I didn't say they were you fucking degenerate nigger.

I just said WinLEL keeps putting new DLLs in every fucking install and puts garbage in the registry which don't get removed when you uninstall them.

Windows XP was built to unify everything and really is a successor to both Windows 2000 and ME\9x.

You were obviously comparing them and now you are back pedaling.

Of course Windows applications are bundling libraries with their products, that's the same model as macOS which bundles all of their stuff too (go look inside the ".app" s, in ~/Library, and /Library) - just because the hide the folders from normal users doesn't mean they don't spew shit everywhere.

The models of macOS and Windows applications are similar to snaps/appimage/flatpak in that they do not use a single set of common libraries like normal applications in Linux/FreeBSD etc. do.

Windows is a complete trainwreck of a design, but your arguments are basically incoherent.

>The registry was a good idea
As an idea, maybe. But GNU stow is a better implementation.

No I wasn't.

I should have made it clear as to what I meant.

What I meant was when you install applications in WinLEL you run an installer and it puts DLLs and Registry shit everywhere on the system and in C:\Program Files (or x86)...

Under macOS you just drag a .app into the Applications Folder and the most it creates is a .plist file in Application Support folder. There's literally an application to uninstall programs without leaving any traces behind because there is no registry.

Also the whole of macOS is x64 and not split like faggy WinLEL.

Now go kys.

I don't. Windows 10 is great on a new build, but it's terrible as update of previous systems, which is why I'm using Ubuntu on my laptop.

because redddit

>thank god desktop threads are gone now
you must be blind, we post desktops everyday

this.

even apple fags are not as nosiy and rude as linux community.
I fucking hate them, ihate the way they have to point out everything not linux and just bark on and on about it.

>even apple fags are not as nosiy
>ihate
You just outted yourself, macfag!

Because most of g/ is unemployed and doesnt deal with windows on a daily basis for work.