Surface Pro

No thread about the new Surface? I thought this was Sup Forums - consumerism general. I guess the update was lackluster enough to not warrant a thread
>Not called SP5 but just new SP
>Bigger batter
>Pen updated but now separate purchase
>Fanless models available
>LTE models later

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/surface/devices/surface-pro/overview
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What I don't understand is how they have a fanless i5 model but not i7. ULV i7s are basically just slightly OC'ed i5's. It's not like they are quad core or anything.
microsoft.com/en-us/surface/devices/surface-pro/overview

If the M3 came with an 8GB version I would buy it. They don't understand that the appeal of the M processor is you can run with battery life all day. Makes sense for that style of computer. Why do they price the M model as if it's the lowest tier, both storage and ram wise. Ultra books can have M processors with nice ram and ssd space because they're not low end, they're a different purpose

>Pen not included

The pen was the main draw for me when I purchased the Surface Pro 1. It's on its very last legs and I wanted to get the new version, but a total cost of nearly $3k is absurd.

>8GB
You mean RAM? 4GB is enough for M3 with how slow it is.
It's hilarious how no accessory pictured in the OP is included. All they did was remove the pen but the advertised pictures has everything. And why would you even bother with anything more than and i5/8GB model? That's still around $1500 with all accessories but not as much as the full specced one.

Also it looks like the Chinese company lauched their own knockoff Surface Poors for the same price and specs. Why even bother?

4gb is literally enough for mobiles

why the fuck would i spend $800 on a tablet with no keyboard
i can get a decked out used macbook air for the same price.

>macbook air
enjoy your shitty TN screen

Eh I have the i5 sp4 pro with 4gb and 8 would be preferred. Just W10 eats about 2 gbs and just having a browser with a few tabs and word open it chokes on memory

M3 is far slower than an i5 though. 4GB is justified there.

I'd rather have a Surface like tablet that dual boots android and windows

>enjoy your shitty TN screen
So, they have Retina screens on the Surface Pro?

Didn't they do something apple-tier retarded with the USB ports? Like removed most of them or something

Yes

No, they are just missing the USB-C port. Still has everything else though.

Check your reading comprehension buddy. That guy was making a point that the M3 is fast enough and the main appeal is for battery life and that it shouldn't be crippled by low ram

Only an Intel shill would ever say an M3 is fast enough. Otherwise all you do is open word documents and facebook, which doesn't need anything more than 4GB. You would literally have to be brain dead to even want more than 4GB with any Core M.

If I did rendering, I would see your point, but i got a desktop too

it has a 3.1 already, what's so great about type c?
fucking thing has a sim and sd card slot too fucking macbook has 1 type c, and no other charging ports, its laughable

Nothing. I was merely answering the question.

>a $2700 tablet