Why does Intel keep using fucking toothpaste for their heat spreader TIM...

Why does Intel keep using fucking toothpaste for their heat spreader TIM? Is it to make overclocking Housefire Lake an elite experience for those are willing to delid the thing?

oy vey

It's the height. w/m-k doesn't matter at all if they didn't use so much of it.

because oy vey my goy

to save 0.01 shekels

this.
The ceo is an accountant and Intel went to shit when he got into office.

So they can charge you more for the all new i7 7740k. Literally the same processor with better thermals and on a more expensive platform.

Y U no buy ryzen? unless you like paying twice the price for a house fire.

I'm still running sandyvag, which uses solder. AMD is likely my future build, though.

because sandy bridge is overclocked so well jewtel thinks it hurts their shekels

Because they made some bullshit excuse as to why they can't use solder and if they start using it now, goyims will know the only reason not to use solder is saving 0.1 cent per CPU.

In some delidding tools reviews it shows that the problem with higher temperatures actually comes from the glue used to put the HIS in place, turns out the glue is too ticc.

well, they could use good thermal grease

Broadwell-e was still soldered, skylake-x and kabylake-x will probably be soldered too.

You want that the good stuff then you gotta pay, goyim.

Exactly.

Its not the timmy causing issues. its the distance between the IHS and chip causing inefficient heat transfers.

Even with the shittiest thermal paste vs the best silver compound you will see a max of 5 to 7c difference. You will see this back in the days where chips are not IHSed.

but that means spending shekels. intel is in the business of making shekels.

amd on the other hand when they do use tim, they use liquid metal. which they have been using on their apu's. ryzen, like the fx series, is soldered though.

>max of 5 to 7c difference
people pay $200+ for custom loops over air cooling for that level of difference. it may seem small to you, but it matters.

solder is good, right? Isnt it mostly Silver?

It's lighter than sodder. Improves the efficiency of the CPU because it doesn't have to move more weight around 5 gigatimes a second

It is so you have more of a reason to buy their X-line cpus.

Doesn't matter. It's just the gap difference due to their glue. If they used something else to hold the IHS you get no difference.

AMD uses solder. Gold plating isn't needed for liquid metal.

jesus

wouldnt it be theoretically possible to just delid the cpu, remove glue, solder or quality thermalpaste the lid to actual cpu and just sandwich it between your cooler and shit? i mean the screws should hold it down.

>7c difference

That's 44 degrees F my man, it's not huge but it's a pretty noticeable difference

Yes, but you run the risk of literally crushing the CPU.
GPUs are bared die(lewd) and the cooler sit right on top and you you over tight it you can literally it crush it and kill it or make it cause artifacts.

because people keep buying them