Solus

>Budgie will switch to Qt with version 11
>KDE support in development
>repositories grow with every update

Who /Solus/ here?
Are you content with Solus or are there things you want to get fxed/implemented?

daily reminder that every qt program ever made is ugly

>Solus
>KDE Plasma

Muh dick. Best distro getting best DE.

Thanks Kevin.

Fuck off, Kevin

Fug really I was just about to install budgie since I wanted a good gtk de

unironically this

QT is better honestly. I've been using GTK DE's for many years but QT honestly feels more modern.

Solus devs are kinda crazy. They hop on new technologies literally every month when they get bored.
>Hurr durr let's reinvent the wheel and switch from GTK3 to Qt!
>Let's rewrite our package manager from Python->C/Go even though the current one works fine!
Yea you won't have to deal with GNOME devs and Python is slow as dick for package management. But reinventing the wheel is definitely not the sane approach to fixing these issues.

But GTK applications are what I use the most. There is already a good Qt base (lxqt or KDE) We don't need more.

>KDE
>Good

Stop shilling this cancer OS

Better than GNOME though.

and considering how far along lxqt is, what possible niche can budgie fill being switched to qt?

Where does it say budgie will switch to QT in 11? Seems that it's just going to use some components but not be 100 percent qt based

Nevermind, found it.

Switched from Gentoo to Solus a few weeks ago. Pretty decent for a binary distro. I use it with openbox.

Daily reminder that it might be a good idea to get a checkup if that's something that you care about

>falling for the meme twice

Solus will continue to use Gnome software after Qt transition.

That's kind of weird.

So you're going to need a QT theme for your DE AND a matching GTK theme for the system applications?

What are they thinking?

>systemd
>Pulseaudio
>KDE Plasma support

Into the trash it goes.

Linux is clusterfuck of patches and shitty hacks thrown together with zero fucks for quality control, what did you expect?

Hello kevin

/ourguy/

Kevin will unify qt and gtk themes once and for all.
pappy blessu

It is significantly better than its competition though.

This. I was think switching from xfce to budgie once they are fee from bugs in basic functions.
I wont switch to anything qt related, though.

>caring about whether stuff you look at least 8 hours a day looks like shit or not
>bad
oh gee okay, I'm going to make an appointment

>It is significantly better than its competition though.

Maybe in your deluded mind it is.

All OS's are a bunch of colluded patches now though.

I'd only extend that to OSX but honestly I don't know enough about OSX to make that claim