WanaCry is evolving

I work at the IT department of a large shipping company in the US and as of today we are getting a new wave of wanaCry infected computers. These are computers that DO NOT have the SMB exploit. It is even hitting computers that are in sleep mode that nobody has touched that we keep charged to hand out as temporary work stations while we are working on someone's computer.

So far only 2 computers of the dozens infected have shown the signature red pop-up demanding bitcoins, the rest have been bricked mid-encryption when critical system files begin disappearing. We have no idea how it is spreading or how it is able to hit computers that are asleep.

I am absolutely not supposed to be posting this here but we're fucked. This is not supposed to be possible. May God help us.

Other urls found in this thread:

libreboot.org/faq.html#intel
arstechnica.com/security/2017/05/intel-patches-remote-code-execution-bug-that-lurked-in-cpus-for-10-years/
forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1060828.html
youtube.com/watch?v=v-Q7Tmw85Xs
thehackernews.com/2017/05/wannacry-ransomware-decryption-tool.html
intel.malwaretech.com/pewpew.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Go cry to the NSA.

Get a Mac.™

Based hackers!

There were other tools leaked by the Shadow Brokers. Microsoft patched all of them except for some reason DoublePulsar, which is at the heart of all of this. Keep your shit up to date user.

Stupid roleplayer.

Join us now and share the software;
You'll be free, hackers, you'll be free.

Hoarders can get piles of money,
That is true, hackers, that is true.
But they cannot help their neighbors;
That's not good, hackers, that's not good.

When we have enough free software
At our call, hackers, at our call,
We'll kick out those dirty licenses
Ever more, hackers, ever more.

strangely relevant to this thread

Oh great. Another wanacry thread. Its been almost 5 minutes, I was getting worried.

>rms will die in your lifetime

Like I said, It's not the SMB but the NetBIOS

Fuckers. Disable the NetBIOS services, Server service and set your network adapter settings > connection properties to ipv4 ipv6 only! (uncheck the netbios and other crap that is for the NSA)

rms and alex are buddies

Zeroday confirmed? Make it happen.

>overpaid button presser

go flip burgers or something.

That's why he's crying
;_;

>hitting computers in sleep mode

and that is when its confirmed you are terrible at making shit up

go back to the drawing board kiddo

>I am absolutely not supposed to be posting this here but we're fucked. This is not supposed to be possible. May God help us.
trying too hard

4/10, nice bait

Get Macbooks. Install macOS on PCs.

thank me later.

Well it's your own fault for using MS "os".
This doesn't surprise me.
Exactly.

>what is intel AMT / intel ME
libreboot.org/faq.html#intel

there was a new article pretty recently stating that Intel ME & AMT security was a joke (accepting blank password)

arstechnica.com/security/2017/05/intel-patches-remote-code-execution-bug-that-lurked-in-cpus-for-10-years/

proof?

To run doublepulsar you have to run any of the Eternal* or one of the exploits listed under "use" in fuzz bunch.

You can't just point doublepulsar and expect it to bring a shell up, it's just another program to upload a payload. It's like saying that one can patch metasploit or any framework.

Right, but once you have a way to use DoublePulsar you have immediate admin access. There's no reason not to patch it.

pics?

Any new BTC addresses that are related to the malware?

>how it is able to hit computers that are asleep.

ME/AMT exploit? Do you have AMT configured by any chance? Or did you ever touch it (on many systems it seems to be active even if unconfigured)?

Don't worry, user. We won't tell the police. *wink* *wink* *nudge*

what os were they running on?

Bumping for interest.

NOTORIOUS HACKER AND CREATER OF RANSOMWARE WANACRY HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED.

HOW CAN HE KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT?

Is it really hard to keep fucking updates on?

I actually work at FedEx in Technical Logistics. You're full of shit. This isn't a thing.

Please Jesus, let this be real

Leave them on so you can get the decryption key from memory.

You MS pajeets hate them don't you?

How was Trump dark-haired, and then somehow became blonde-reddish-haired later?

Fuck Fedex, can't even get a god damn SIM card sent to me from ATT... FedEx lost the damn package in Memphis....

Oh and then there was that time the delivery guy lied about coming to my house and saying. I wasn't home. I convinced someone in mills river NC to get me over to his manger and the manager was PISSED. Dude was wrote hoch and disciplined.

Sorry excuse for a shipping company.

FedEx, you had ONE job.

How will fizzbuzz help me avoid infection?

Imagine having a BYOD Policy in your company because the CEO is butthurt shitlord.
>Raid backup
>I NEED ADMIN RIGHTS ON MY LOCAL PC AND NEED TO HAVE UAC COMPLETELY DISABLED!!!

wtf am I save on loonix?

Imagine having a BYOD Policy because your CEO is a butthurt retard that doesn't wanna pay money for Up-to-date Hardware.
>RAID 'Backup'
>I NEED ADMIN RIGHTS ON MY LOCAL MACHINE OTHERWISE I CANT INSTALL USELESS PROGRAMMS AND NEED HELP WHEN I FUCK UP SOMETHING AND THEN BLAME IT BECAUSE THEY CAN'T FIX IT IN 5MINS!!
>I NEED UAC COMPLETELY DISABLED OTHERWISE MY PRODUCTIVITY GOES DOWN THE DRAIN.
have to leave asap

no
forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1060828.html

>"Yeah, I'm guilty of running FireFox as root. Shame on me - I should have known better."
no cure for stupidity

BYOD is fine for many use cases, and hardware's barely gone anywhere in years.

>MS slowly increases lethality
>release win 7 specific version
>fuck shit up
>release win 8.x specific version
>fuck more shit up
>go back and fuck more shit up on 7
>everyone runs scared into telemetry 10s teet

you watch

sause or did not happened

Hey FedEx guy.
Is my package still arriving on time?

I can hear it in my head and it's making me uncomfortable

M-MASAKA! I WAS IN CONTROL HERE?!

Source? Wouldn't expect Alex to be friends with a filthy communist

Please enlighten us. BYOD is a fucking nightmare, even more on family owned business. I had a gig on one of those and one of the owners was extremely obtuse.

mfw you have to deal with some owner's smartass nephew's laptop just because he's from the family and tries to access the windows domain but doesnt want his $1500 unsecure device to be touched by the IT's filthy monkeys hands

Fuck off and try to know what you're talking about next time.

I wanna cry

Sam Hyde again?

>windows IT problems
never said BYOD + Windows was any good user

by fuzzing the bizz before you get buzzed by the fizz.

>wanaCuck

its all these damn games you're installing to the desktop!!!! youre grounded

Simple. They were infected before you fixed the SMB bug and were waiting for the right moment to get activated.

Well, until you live on a mac/linux millenial perfect world, you have to deal with microsoft, which kinda defeats your argument, but lets bite: BYOD is a nice idea IF and ONLY IF your users are willing to cooperate with IT and not a bunch of entitled stupid assholes that thinks they know more about computer security than you

BYOD= your device + company's rules. simple huh? if you think it is, you have not dealt with enough users

>BYOD
>Employer: "user, given that you brought your own device, I won't provide any work computer to you, just work on your own (nice savings for me, thanks btw). However, as you brought it to my premises, I hereby claim authority over your device and reserve the right to snoop through what you have on there and to install hidden surveillance software on it (thanks for all the data you share btw).

If they didn't have profits, they would never even have allowed (let alone have promoted) BYOD to become a thing.

he sold his soul to the jews

This.
Maybe the domain registration they did, only delayed the execution or something.

*gives computer to sister*

This is what you get for using microshit

>not using USPS, the true american way to lose your packages

No, genuine question. It's not uncommon for toddlers to have blonde hair which becomes darker later, but not the other way around. You don't have dark-haired middle-aged people's hair become fiery on its own. So it it fake?

>le Linux shill tactics

please stop, you're not even being paid like the Microsoft Pajeets.

Who wrote this?

FSF

DoublePulsar is basically kernel malware. Without secure boot and the malware compromising the boot process + having kernel level access, it's difficult to remove or patch out.

USPS is way worse
>send $100,000 check via priority mail
>they lose it
>no apology, just an "it happens"
>they wouldn't even refund the fucking postage
>have to get prior check cancelled/new one cut (fee for each)
>ship it via UPS instead because they're more competent

Is this /quest/ now?

Te lo meriti, sporco terrone

>lost the package in Memphis
TN user here
It was probably stolen
don't blame FedEx

youtube.com/watch?v=v-Q7Tmw85Xs
When FedEx ships packages through Memphis, unless they originate or are destined for Memphis, they never leave the secure airport/FedEx world hub. Theft from there is basically non-existent.

>fake hair

>I work at IT department of large shipping company in the US
>Image provided is displaying the instructions on Italian
>Wannacry uses system locale to display instructions on the OS language
Either bullshit or OP works for the mafia

Richard Stallman and Brian Eno

>Company getting hit hard right where it hurts
>Lets preemptively disclose a major issue before the quarter reports are required
>Lets tell all our competition that we're getting fucked

You work at FedEx so I know you're fucking stupid, but holy shit this is next level

This This This
This
This
This

The malware doesn't announce itself immediately. It waits until its basically encrypted all your files FIRST, if it announced itself when its just encrypted 0.01% of your files you'd just pull your drive and save your data. That shit was probably lingering for a week or more, depending on how many files you keep on your machines.

thehackernews.com/2017/05/wannacry-ransomware-decryption-tool.html

apparently.

>It's wannacry
>But it doesn't spread like wannacry
>And it doesn't encrypt like wannacry
>And it doesn't pop up like wannacry
So every ransomware is wannacry now?

Does Malwarebytes ransomware thing work against this?

Block Port 445

Should i install this? There is no any telemetry?

the same way redheads become blondes when they get old

TRIGGERED

>didn't get insurance on the check

your own fault famalamadingdong

CIA & NSA WAS A MISTAKE

The check is not worth $100,000 and UPS insurance rates are ridiculous relative to value. The check wasn't made out to cash so for $50 ($25 stop payment + $25 to issue a new cashier's check) was the actual cost.

I'm more pissed that they didn't refund the postage for an item they lost.

>UPS insurance rates
USPS Insurance rates*

>intel.malwaretech.com/pewpew.html
is this site legit or bullshit ?

yes

>yes

>no any
Why do Russians always keep making this comical grammatical slip?

Is OP's post even serious, or just a troll?

I'd not care at this point. You'd better disable some services and tasks afterwards.

So are you using money as a excuse for lack of basic security guidelines?

sensible chuckle.gif

Good luck safeguarding your business and R&D data, let alone preventing infections and miscellaneous security fuck ups. You are using a computer for work, in a workplace there are security rules to be enforced to prevent you getting harm or you harming others.
Too much of a hassle? dont work there